Mastic gum side effects
Sharon

Pensacola, FL

#529 Aug 28, 2010
Sybil wrote:
So glad I found this site. It feels so good to know I am not alone on this journey!
I am on the verge of ordering the e-book byDavid Hompes. I want to know about diet and foods to eat. I started the 3 anti-biotics a week ago, and got really sick, I went off them, and am looking for alternative answers. I have ordered the Siberian Pine Oil. but am now thinking maybe I can start today if I find some of the mastic gum in town. I have lost 20 lbs, I am not eating right now, the pain is too much!! I will look for the Bye Lori 2 just to get some releif. This pain is the worst!!
Has anyone tried the David Hompes e book? he also gives free consultations if you buy his book.
I emailed him, and no reply yet.
I have his book and it was a great help to me especially with some of my eating. Can you handle rice? I had to eat a lot of rice to be able to eat. Everything went through my system except rice. I just put a little butter (real) in it. I lost from 123 lbs to 105 lbs until the Mastic Gum calmed my system down. I hope you can find some Mastic, that will help the pain a lot. Good luck! Sharon
Thanks for all your sharing. I feel better knowing you are all out there doing the research too.
Angela

Atlanta, GA

#530 Sep 1, 2010
I hope someone can help. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks from the time I started mastic gum. I feel much better but am not totally normal yet. My bloating as lessened but I still do get bloated after eating.

My question is to all those who had/have h pylori, how long did your bloating last?
Angela

Atlanta, GA

#531 Sep 1, 2010
I forgot to mention that I'm gluten free and am not eating large meals.
Sharon

Pensacola, FL

#532 Sep 1, 2010
Angela, give it time, I took the Mastic Gum for two months and even though I felt somewhat better after a couple of weeks, it was closer to the end of the Mastic that I really knew I was on my way to recovery. Stay off the gluten now that you have overcome that. You may want to see if any foods you are eating can cause gas. Also, when the bacteria is dying I believe it can cause some issues with gas. Have you considered Papaya Enzymes that you chew. They taste great and they always help me with gas and they are natural.
Just be patient, it took awhile for your body to get in this condition and may take awhile for it to recover. Being better after two weeks is a good sign. Sharon
Angela

Atlanta, GA

#533 Sep 1, 2010
Thanks for your reply Sharon. I had no idea what to expect with the mastic, so I'm glad to learn about your experience. I am also taking digestive enzymes, DGL licorce, and high quality probiotics. I think I have leaky gut, which is why I got the darn bacteria in the first place. I also just ordered L-Glutimine. It's supposed to be healing. We'll see. It's all very, very frustrating!

My plan is to take 2000mg of Mastic for one month, then 1000 daily for the second month. Does this sound right?
Nacy

Fort Worth, TX

#534 Sep 1, 2010
Ive been suffering for years with bleeding ulcers and ulcerative colitis and kidney bladder problems. I tried mastic gum with licorice and manuka honey and it took about 2 months. But, I feeling great the bleeding has stopped and kidneys are getting better. I truly believe that these 3 things put togather saved my life. I have spend hundreds on herbs becuase the medicines the DR gave me made it worse. Iam truly blessed.The mastic will constipate you though I had to take a stool softener w/it. Good luck and God bless
Blossom

Hungary

#535 Sep 2, 2010
Sharon, does one have to take probiotic supplements with the Mastic and Manuka Honey, all I'm taking are lots of probiotic yoghurts. Is that enough?? I'm a uni student and not too keen to part with my limited cash, I don't have that luxury at the moment :(
Blossom

Hungary

#536 Sep 2, 2010
Forgot to add also, do you have to go gluten free? I'm not gluten intolerant as far as I know, but I am getting bloated after every meal (I wake up with a perfectly flat stomach every morning though!) The pain in my upper stomach has died down considerably, probably the combination of cabbage juice and mastic have done the trick. So all I'm really suffering from now at the mo is bloating after meals which is annoying, but bearable.
Angela

Atlanta, GA

#537 Sep 2, 2010
Blossom,
I am only gluten free because I am gluten intolerant.
Blossom

Hungary

#538 Sep 2, 2010
Angela,

Thanks for the feedback! I was wondering as many people were saying they were staying off gluten, I thought it was a must rule lol.

Did you try the cabbage juice at all? It does really help.
Sharon

Pensacola, FL

#539 Sep 2, 2010
Angela wrote:
Thanks for your reply Sharon. I had no idea what to expect with the mastic, so I'm glad to learn about your experience. I am also taking digestive enzymes, DGL licorce, and high quality probiotics. I think I have leaky gut, which is why I got the darn bacteria in the first place. I also just ordered L-Glutimine. It's supposed to be healing. We'll see. It's all very, very frustrating!
My plan is to take 2000mg of Mastic for one month, then 1000 daily for the second month. Does this sound right?
I took 1000 am and 1000 pm (total 2000 mg a day) for 60 days.
Sharon

Pensacola, FL

#540 Sep 2, 2010
Blossom wrote:
Sharon, does one have to take probiotic supplements with the Mastic and Manuka Honey, all I'm taking are lots of probiotic yoghurts. Is that enough?? I'm a uni student and not too keen to part with my limited cash, I don't have that luxury at the moment :(
Let me post my story that was written up in a newsletter, that will give you my complete protocol which includes the way I ate and also the supplements and probiotics I took. Sharon http://www.afibbers.org/conference/session65....
Sharon

Pensacola, FL

#541 Sep 2, 2010
Blossom wrote:
Forgot to add also, do you have to go gluten free? I'm not gluten intolerant as far as I know, but I am getting bloated after every meal (I wake up with a perfectly flat stomach every morning though!) The pain in my upper stomach has died down considerably, probably the combination of cabbage juice and mastic have done the trick. So all I'm really suffering from now at the mo is bloating after meals which is annoying, but bearable.
Blossom, because you are still having bloating, you might consider eliminating the gluten food for the duration of your treatment and then introduce it back, if the bloating comes back you may be gluten intolerant. That is how I discovered that I was as test showed no allergy to wheat products. That does not always work. Sharon
Nancy

Fort Worth, TX

#542 Sep 2, 2010
you might get a little sick to your stomach at first I believe it is just fighting the infection that is what it did to me then finally I started feeling better take it for atleast 2 to 3 months straight then go off slowly and see what you can handle. Along with manuka honey and licorce pills, trust me it will take care of bleeding ulcer and stomach problems along with urinary and bladder problems., I was sick for 6 years before I found this stuff it almost killed me. I was on Gastro plus for ulcers it just help me feel a little better I did pine tree nut oil it helped with pain. But, nothing has worked like mastic gum and the other 2 things with it., Good luck and God bless.
Marie24

Philadelphia, PA

#543 Sep 3, 2010
I was diagnosed with h. pylori last November and have been on antibiotics and working with an herbalist. The stuff the herbalist gave me fixed my stomach and I had a second scope and the gi dr said there was no trace of h. pylori but that I had gastritus. I'm not going to take antibiotics again until I have another stool test which will be next week. Not sure what to do next. My friend called me the other day and said she heard Dr. Oz on TV talk about h. pylori and he said that you dont have to take antibiotics just pepto bismal and cranberry juice to eradicate HP but not sure if it will work for gastritus. He didnt say how much of each to take. Does anyone have experience with this? Appreciate your input. Thanks.
kevin

Mauritius

#544 Sep 5, 2010
hi sharon when i use mastic gum powdered form my stomach & throat seems to become dry +i feel a little anxious .should i discontinue
Angela

Atlanta, GA

#545 Sep 5, 2010
Sharon,
Thank you so much for the fantastic link! Very helpful. You mentioned that you had weight loss. For some reason, I'd experiencing weight GAIN and I'm not eating more. Actually I am gaining more now than before I started the mastic gum treatment 2-1/2 weeks ago. Have you ever heard of this?
Sharon

Pensacola, FL

#546 Sep 5, 2010
Angela, most people that I have talked to or read about have actually lost weight because they are not able to eat. That was my case, everything either hurt me to eat or went through my systems an hour or so after eating it. I had a really bad case of H.pylori, really, really sick for months, that is why I lost so much weight.

I don't know what could be causing your weight gain. The only side effect I had from the Mastic Gum was that when the bacteria started dying I had a strong metallic taste in my mouth for several days. I found this was not unusual. I can't answer your question about weight gain though, sorry. Sharon
Sharon

Pensacola, FL

#547 Sep 5, 2010
kevin wrote:
hi sharon when i use mastic gum powdered form my stomach & throat seems to become dry +i feel a little anxious .should i discontinue
Kevin, I used the capsules which of course holds the powder, but it dissolves slowely in the stomach. If you are taking straight poweder I don't know if that is what is making your stomach and throat feel dry. Can you stir it in some liquid of some sort? That may help. I cannot advise you whether to discontinue, I think I would try to mix it first. Maybe you could google Mastic Gum and see if that can be a side effect. You could also contact the company who makes it and see what they say. That would be my suggestion. Or, get some in capsule form. or to save money you coudl buy some empty capsules and fill them with the powder. Just suggestions. Sharon
kevin

Quatre Bornes, Mauritius

#548 Sep 5, 2010
hi sharon,
Does probiotic effectively kill h.pylori ? I am using a probiotic named "Ultrabiotic" is it good ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helicobacter Pylori Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The best Anti H.pylori remedies (Oct '10) Aug 19 Laura 166
Can H Pylori cause weight loss and a whole rang... (May '14) Aug 18 cxz 15
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) Aug 18 Joseph 7,043
H. Pylori, barrett's esophagus and lump in thr... Aug 11 AlishaP 2
H Pylori and Esophagitis ? (May '09) Aug 11 AlishaP 25
H Pylori Fatigue and adrenal fatigue (Sep '11) Aug 8 Jacklyn 88
News Antibiotics are still the treatment of choice f... (Dec '07) Aug 6 Vila 218
More from around the web