Ttj

Karaj, Iran

#489 Aug 3, 2010
Dr Ettinger,

In your opinion, is the natural form of the gum as effective as the tablets? I live in Iran and can only get the natural form.

Regards,

Tj.
John Northants uk

Corby, UK

#490 Aug 4, 2010
I've been suffering from pylori for ten months now; i did the triple antibiotic course and then the quad one, which nearly killed me and the pylori was still positive.
Have taken two cosecutive courses of mastic gum 4x 1000mg caps a day plus a good probiotic; i did get some substantial relief, but in all honesty, i was negligent with my diet, and when the tablets ran out i thought i could go it alone...
I now have candidiatis and pylori and have started all over again. The diet part is very difficult when you have to quit all sugars (inc fruits), bread, complex carbs ie potatoes etc.
I quit drinking my two fave ales every evening and it is now ten days down the road. The stomach pains and headaches and light-headedness are the worst symptoms, but i know that if i do not persevere the end result will be something i can't even think about.
My thoughts are with all of those people suffering with this dreadful thing, all i can say is you have to just stick with it; do it right, no compromising, it just isn't worth it.
Sometimes i think that i'll never get well, but that's a bad attitude, i have to get well.
I am most appreciative for all the comments i've read on this site and wish you all well. Hopefully i'll be able to post something much more positive soon.

John
Sharon

Gulf Breeze, FL

#491 Aug 4, 2010
John, your body is probably so mixed up with all you have had to put in it that it is just going crazy. Wise move to give up the ales, bad stuff for candida and H.pylori, breeding ground stuff.

The antibiotics have killed all of your good bacteria so I hope the probiotic you are taking is a good one with lots of good stuff in it.

I know quitting almost everything is so hard, been there done that. I am so healthy now, but I really thought I was going to die for awhile there. I was skin and bones from not being able to eat, from 120 to 105, now I am back to 117 and have incredible energy. I cured mine with Mastic Gum capsules, probiotics and a diet of lean, baked or grilled meat and lots of steamed brocolli. Now, I am able to eat other things, although I don't stray from a good diet because I have Atrial Fibrilation too.

I am on maintenence now, using Mastic once a year for a month. Hang in there, you will probably see changes, although slow, just stay away from those things that you shouldn't eat or drink.

Rice is good and it has high protein. I ate a lot of rice too. Brown rice. It is a carb, but I call it a good carb, althou some may not agree.

Sharon

Sharon
John Northants uk

Corby, UK

#492 Aug 7, 2010
Thanks Sharon, that's very encouraging news,and i'm happy for you, tell me how long did you avoid all yeast/ sugar products?
I'm finding it very difficult and i have a feeling that the light-headedness may have something to do with a low sugar situation. i've started taking in a baked sweet potato every now and then, it doesn't hurt me, and as for rice, i've always enjoyed it but not sure about brown rice as there may be gluten in it.
I was using gluten-free bread, until i found it contained yeast, i can get yeast-free bread; it's expensive but if ok i'll get it. there's all types; rye, rice, pea, quinoa etc...?
Talk about skin and bone! I attempted a very light workout this morning in the gym (home), very uncomfortable, my shoulder blades were digging into the bench!
I'll get thro this, there is no alternative, thanks again for sharing.

Oh, and broccoli...i think i'm gonna come back in the next life as one!

Regards
John

Since: Jan 10

Orange, CA

#493 Aug 7, 2010
Ttj wrote:
Dr Ettinger,
In your opinion, is the natural form of the gum as effective as the tablets? I live in Iran and can only get the natural form.
Regards,
Tj.
Tj,

I have never worked with the natural form, so I can't comment on how to take it and if it's effective. If you know that it has been consumed in a natural form and is safe, than I would give it a try. Remember, mastic is not a reliable treatment for H. pylori. It may or may not work. It will though, give relief from gastritis symptoms.
Jamal

Toronto, Canada

#494 Aug 7, 2010
John Northants uk wrote:
Thanks Sharon, that's very encouraging news,and i'm happy for you, tell me how long did you avoid all yeast/ sugar products?
I'm finding it very difficult and i have a feeling that the light-headedness may have something to do with a low sugar situation. i've started taking in a baked sweet potato every now and then, it doesn't hurt me, and as for rice, i've always enjoyed it but not sure about brown rice as there may be gluten in it.
I was using gluten-free bread, until i found it contained yeast, i can get yeast-free bread; it's expensive but if ok i'll get it. there's all types; rye, rice, pea, quinoa etc...?
Talk about skin and bone! I attempted a very light workout this morning in the gym (home), very uncomfortable, my shoulder blades were digging into the bench!
I'll get thro this, there is no alternative, thanks again for sharing.
Oh, and broccoli...i think i'm gonna come back in the next life as one!
Regards
John
Hi John,
Your case is probably Candida and has nothing to do with H.pylori.
I just read a scientific article that speaks about H.pylori in mexican mommies. This bacteria has a long history of mutual relationship with the human being and I believe it is a part of probiotic ( 70% of the world population have it).
My stupid doctor tested me for H.pylori and he gave me Hpac I almost died from it and my candida became worst. It took me up a year to understand that my symptoms are due to candida and not to H.pylori.
The key to destroy candida is the diet( low sugar) so you have to avoid fruits, potato ( rich in starch), soft drinks and eat some eggs with salad and some meat.
Once you start the diet, you have to start attacking Candida. the raw garlic is the best tool to attack candida ( don't buy garlic capsules because they have no effect, I had them and I saw the difference only after taking the raw garlic). Caprylic acid is also good and the best remedy is Hydrogene peroxyde that you have to stick to it.
With those remedies you will feel your oldself again.
PS: You might experience a die off reaction so don't be afraid it is just the toxins from candida ( I'm experiencing mascular pain and sometimes fever).
Hope that will help you.
Ida Duncan

Sherwood Park, Canada

#495 Aug 8, 2010
Fred wrote:
I am very skeptical about trying Mastic Gum. I've read reports that say it works, and others say it has no effect on H-Pylori. I have many intestinal issues ( Including H-pylori )I also have high blood presure and atrial fibrialtion. I guess I am nervous about side effects and/or negative interactions with my beta blocker. I was placed on Biaxin and Metronidazole, but I couldn't take it for more than 2 days it made me feel horrible. Im now trying virgin pine nut oil, and probiotics. I want to try Mastic gum, but am fearful. Anyone have any positive/negative feedback on this supplement?
Hi Fred!
I have just started taking mastic gum so I cannot verify how well it works but...some other things you mentioned makes me think you should be looking in another area. You may want to check candida which is yeast overgrowth that causes a myriad of problems including various stomach ailments, atrial fibrialtion and high blood pressure amongst numerour other things. If you read pick up two books by Brenda Watson: The H.0.P.E. Formula and Gut Solutions you may find the solution to your angst. I do no go on this website daily but if you are interested in further discussion you can reach me at sam@clearwave.ca.
I hope this helps because my journey was a long one and if it were not for sites like these I may never have found my own solutions.
Ida
John Northants uk

Corby, UK

#496 Aug 8, 2010
Jamal/Sharon
I was diagnosed with pylori following a biopsy taken eight months ago. I don't know wether i had candida at the time but the pylori test was positive. Since then i've had two courses of a/biotic treatment and a subsequent (stool) test which came back as positive for pylori.
I'm pretty certain that i have candida at the moment, wether or not i still have the pylori i will only find out when i take the next test.
I'm on mastic gum right now,(third time round) and trying to stick to a sugar free diet as explained in my previous comments.
I have raw garlick with every evening meal (slightly heated to release its medicinal properties). Also broccoli two to three times a week, and eggs in the morning. Otherwise it's fish or chicken, and i like lambs liver too.
Yes, i know that some of the so called side effects, are actually the toxins coming out; i too am experiencing muscular aches and pains especially in the left abdomen thru to the back. I have to rest a lot.
I don't know about hydrogen peroxide, will check that out, thanks.
For Fred up there, i've taken a lot of mastic gum and in heavy doses and never experienced any bad side effects. It may or may not completely cure pylori but it does alleviate the symptoms a great deal.
Regards
John

Sharon

Gulf Breeze, FL

#497 Aug 8, 2010
DrEttinger wrote:
There is conflicting data on whether mastic gum kills H. pylori effectively in vivo (live human trials). Killing it in a test tube or mice is one thing, but I am interested in living human beings.
There is evidence that it aids in the healing of the gastric mucosa, possessing anti-inflammatory properties. I use it for healing rather than as an agent to kill the H. pylori bacteria. Note: there are studies that have shown that mastic gum kills H. pylori. The problem is that it is in less than 30% of the trial groups. So it works in about 1 out of every 3 that try is as a primary treatment (at dosages of 500mgs 3x/day).
http://www.advancedhealing.com/blog/2009/09/1...
Dr. Ettinger, there are many reports out there that prove Mastic Gum works. Here is my own protocol and results that was published.

Fred, I also have AFIB and do believe the H.pylori was a trigger for episodes. There is a document in this write up that you can read. http://www.afibbers.org/conference/session65....

Good luck to all of you...Mastic Gum and change of diet worked for me.

Since: Jan 10

Orange, CA

#498 Aug 9, 2010
Sharon,

That pdf. was nicley put together and has some great information. PVC and AFib, stress, H. pylori, magnesium deficiency and a few others go hand in hand. As far as Dr. Kalish goes, I have never needed to resort to antibiotics because there are some really effective products available that are far more effective than traditional meds, and the use of HCl during treatment makes the H. pylori manufacture more biofilm making them more resistant to treatment. Keep-up the good work.

Dr. E
Sharon

Gulf Breeze, FL

#499 Aug 9, 2010
Thank you Dr. Ettinger, the afib website and the person who created it Hans Larsen were life savers to me when I was diagnosed with Afib in 2005. I have gone natural all the way, even with my afib episodes I have been able to convert naturally. My EP says he will not change anything I do except asking me to go to ER if I go 24 hours in Afib because of being on no blood thinners. Haven't had to do that yet, longest bout 21 hours. So, it can be done, natural is the first thing I try with everything and it usually works.
Jamal

Toronto, Canada

#500 Aug 9, 2010
Hi Sharon,

I don't think that H.pylori is responsible for AFIB, I believe that Candida is the responsible for this condition. 70% of the world population has H.pylori and yet no one of them has AFIB.

There is one scientific article that talks about H.pylori in the mexican mommies. They bacteria is not a new bacteria, it had existed longtime ago and had a very long relationship with the human beig.

The only reason I believe that the medical community is attacking H.pylori is to sell those cambos of antibiotics. This same medical community is ignoring candida which is giving a hell to more and more people.

The other reason why I belive that Candida is the cause of AFIB because candida is profelitic fungus. With time It infected all the organes including the heart itself.

I was naive for one year accusing H.pylori because of my doctor who induced me in the error. It took me a year to know that my symptoms are due to Candida.
Ttj

Karaj, Iran

#501 Aug 10, 2010
Jamal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John,
Your case is probably Candida and has nothing to do with H.pylori.
I just read a scientific article that speaks about H.pylori in mexican mommies. This bacteria has a long history of mutual relationship with the human being and I believe it is a part of probiotic ( 70% of the world population have it).
My stupid doctor tested me for H.pylori and he gave me Hpac I almost died from it and my candida became worst. It took me up a year to understand that my symptoms are due to candida and not to H.pylori.
The key to destroy candida is the diet( low sugar) so you have to avoid fruits, potato ( rich in starch), soft drinks and eat some eggs with salad and some meat.
Once you start the diet, you have to start attacking Candida. the raw garlic is the best tool to attack candida ( don't buy garlic capsules because they have no effect, I had them and I saw the difference only after taking the raw garlic). Caprylic acid is also good and the best remedy is Hydrogene peroxyde that you have to stick to it.
With those remedies you will feel your oldself again.
PS: You might experience a die off reaction so don't be afraid it is just the toxins from candida ( I'm experiencing mascular pain and sometimes fever).
Hope that will help you.
Thank you Doctor for giving your time to reply to my question.
I must be absolutely honest, I've now been taking Natural Mastic for 10 days and I feel no better for it - in fact I may even be feeling a bit worse for it.
I really have no choice but to keep taking it for a bit longer as I can't get most of the things that are available in the west in Iran.
If anyone else has had any experience with taking mastic gum in its natural form, please let us know here. Thank you.
Jamal

Toronto, Canada

#502 Aug 10, 2010
Hi Ttj,

Your case is simply Candida. You should start with the raw garlic.

I'm reading stories of people here who took for courses of antibiotics for H.pylori and they got worster and worster.
John Northants uk

Corby, UK

#503 Aug 10, 2010
Jamal, i'm inclined to agree with you on the subject of candida, even tho i keep getting a positive result with the pylori.
i have read up quite a lot on candidiatis and i know how it can if not treated properly, get into the blood stream and travel anywhere it wants, including the heart and the brain. that's real scary, and i agree also that diet is the biggest defence against it altho unfortunately the hardest to tolerate.i sometimes think that is the reason some folk don't find any benefit from mastic gum.
it's a difficult road and i take my hat off to people like Sharon for the way she has persevered with her course of treatment.
let me tell you what i think of the medical profession; the last time i saw my gp he asked; so what would you rather have john, the pylori or the side effects from the a/biotics...?
as i said, that was the last time i saw him.
the pharmacy subsequently sent me another lot of clarithromycin, metronidazole and domperidone. that was a month ago, i may frame them someday.
cheers Jamal
Sharon

Gulf Breeze, FL

#504 Aug 10, 2010
Jamal wrote:
Hi Sharon,
I don't think that H.pylori is responsible for AFIB, I believe that Candida is the responsible for this condition. 70% of the world population has H.pylori and yet no one of them has AFIB.
There is one scientific article that talks about H.pylori in the mexican mommies. They bacteria is not a new bacteria, it had existed longtime ago and had a very long relationship with the human beig.
The only reason I believe that the medical community is attacking H.pylori is to sell those cambos of antibiotics. This same medical community is ignoring candida which is giving a hell to more and more people.
The other reason why I belive that Candida is the cause of AFIB because candida is profelitic fungus. With time It infected all the organes including the heart itself.
I was naive for one year accusing H.pylori because of my doctor who induced me in the error. It took me a year to know that my symptoms are due to Candida.
Jamal, I think afib is caused by many things and nothing has been tagged as the main cause and that includes candida or H.pylori. I believe it is more inflammatory connected as most people who have afib have inflammation. I know I have had many flair ups of inflammation. I hope someday they find the real reason for afib and find something that will cure it as the surgery doesn't always work either. I have suffered from it for 5 years and have learned how to take care of myself and that does make a difference. Good luck!
Ttj

Karaj, Iran

#505 Aug 10, 2010
DrEttinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Tj,
I have never worked with the natural form, so I can't comment on how to take it and if it's effective. If you know that it has been consumed in a natural form and is safe, than I would give it a try. Remember, mastic is not a reliable treatment for H. pylori. It may or may not work. It will though, give relief from gastritis symptoms.
Thank you Doctor for giving your time to reply to my question.
I must be absolutely honest, I've now been taking Natural Mastic for 10 days and I feel no better for it - in fact I may even be feeling a bit worse for it.

I really have no choice but to keep taking it for a bit longer as I can't get most of the things that are available in the west in Iran.

If anyone else has had any experience with taking mastic gum in its natural form, please let us know here. Thank you.
Ttj

Karaj, Iran

#506 Aug 10, 2010
Jamal wrote:
Hi Ttj,
Your case is simply Candida. You should start with the raw garlic.
I'm reading stories of people here who took for courses of antibiotics for H.pylori and they got worster and worster.
Jamal,

All my symptoms are Pylori's symptoms. I've had ulcers and gastritis nearly all my life.
Ida

Sherwood Park, Canada

#507 Aug 10, 2010
Hi Jamal!

You should pick up books called Gut Solutions and The H.OP.E. Formula by Brenda Watson.

I did not test positive for H.Pylori but I decided to go ahead with the mastic gum any ways as results are negligable with a lot of the various tests for that bacteria. I have only been on it for a few days so I have nothing to report yet.

As for the ulcers and gastriti: these books should have a solution for you. I study health as a hobby and some of your problems "could" stem from Candida as well. You can self test (to some degree) by doing two things: see if there is a white coat on your tongue. First thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything spit in a glass of water. If you see nothing after 15 minutes you may not have Candida. If on the other hand you see phlegm floating or entrails hanging down in the glass you probably have Candida which is an overgrowth of yeast that causes a whole host of other problems as time goes on including gastritus and ulcers as well as food sensitivities, itching , aches and pains, ummune diseases and lots more. Some yeast is necessary but too much is really, really bad. Yeast multiplies with carbs (everything except fat or protein), yeast (in breads, crackers, etc.), fungus or anything fermented (muchrooms, beer) and sugar so to get rid of it you have to take absolutely everything out of your diet except lean proteins, a little good fat like extra virgin olive oil and carbs in vegetable form only that are also low on the glycemic index and herbal teas &/or water that has no chlorine or fluoride. If your symptoms start to disappear within 3 weeks add foods back one at a time and very slowly to see what creates a reaction then cut it out if something does.

Hard to do but well worth it if you can. So many people have Candida from poor diets or food sensitivities to escpecially dairy, gluten and a few other things that are the basis of so many problems but the doctors in Canada are trained to treat symptoms not solve the origin fo the problem.

Let me know how you make out?
Jamal

Toronto, Canada

#508 Aug 10, 2010
Ttj wrote:
<quoted text>
Jamal,
All my symptoms are Pylori's symptoms. I've had ulcers and gastritis nearly all my life.
Ttj,

Well you know your body better than me but I was also like you assuming that my gastritis was due to H.pylori because my doctor told me that.

I just took the raw garic after I crashed it and I noticed that the pain almost disappear right away.

To be sure try the mastic leaves ( powder). It is better than the gum. If that doesn't help you. Try the raw garlic.

I don't believe in H.pylori now. this bacteria is a probiotics. It never gave fever to anybody who has is. Yet, bacteria like E.coli or Salmonella will give you the fever right away if it infects you.

I'm here just to try to help you.

You can also read some articles from the journals of ethnopharmacology, They have interesting articles about some herbs that might help you.

Cheers,

Jamal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helicobacter Pylori Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) 8 hr Melissa 6,739
mastic gum and manuka honey? 14 hr cadoline 4
Overcoming H Pylori - A story (Oct '11) 16 hr masha234 119
The best Anti H.pylori remedies (Oct '10) 23 hr krrish 153
Diagnosed on Friday - anybody have cold chills (Apr '12) Mar 27 kay 10
News H Pylori Natural Treatment Advice From Gastroen... Mar 24 Gerald Vonberger 3
advice please hate this infection Mar 18 Farallon7 4
More from around the web