Mastic gum side effects
anne

Burnaby, Canada

#467 May 7, 2010
Does mastic gum kills candida?
happycat

London, UK

#468 May 17, 2010
Hello,I have a question for Dr Ettinger.

I am thinking of starting another h pylori eradication treatment, based on the protocol you described, only that I will not be taking Monolaurin because I cannot source it here in the Uk. I would like to take virgin coconut oil instead and I am not sure how to take it: on an empty stomach, on its own or mixed with something else? Is 2 tablespoons/day enough? One in the morning and one in the evening?

Thank you.
Mark

Cambridge, UK

#469 May 28, 2010
I've suffered from chronic heartburn and acid problems for many years now and it was discovered I had the h.pylori and after 2 failed anti-biotic treatments I was at my wits end.

I'm on blood pressure tablets and sinvatisan ect' due to a M/I so I have to be careful what drugs I take on top.

I know people say Mastic gum doesn't kill h.pylori but it's cured me. For 3 months I've been taking 2 500mg tablets morning and night and from being someone who couldn't look at food without getting acid/heartburn and was awake every night with it, I now have no acid/heartburn and can eat things I've never dared, like pastry etc' and sleep! Oh bliss a full nights sleep..(noticed it does make you mouth and throat very dry during the night)

So Mastic gum doubters carry on but I'm walking (and sleeping) proof that Mastic gum works.

Regards.
John

Bellflower, CA

#470 Jun 7, 2010
ok, this is getting ridiculous...been taking ulcetron for two months, along with probiotic and dgl for about 6 months now. Everytime i think im healed=two, three weeks with no symptoms whatsover, somehow i eat somethnig very simple but not good for an ulcer (as i would do from time to time anyway with no problem) the ulcer comes back with full pain, only now instead of a burning sensation, its all circulating along a weak stomach. in other words, my stomach ache's, feels weaker, i have more bowel movements, discomfort-signs that i eat soemthing bad and that the ulcer is present.
WHAT CAN I DO TO END THIS? its been a year and 6 months and im still dealing with this...someone help
Anne

Vancouver, Canada

#471 Jun 9, 2010
Hi! Mark. Did you take 2 500mg in the morning and 2 500mg at night time. Thank you.
Joan

Annandale, VA

#472 Jun 11, 2010
I am taking mastic gum now for gastroparesis. I found that at first it seemed to stick in my chest, so to speak, and my nutritionist told me to pour it out of the capsule onto a spoon and then swallow with water. I take it all the time now, and am starting to feel much better.
chris willison

Peterlee, UK

#473 Jun 12, 2010
what mastic gum did u tri????
chris willison

Peterlee, UK

#474 Jun 12, 2010
what mastic gum did you take??
chris willison

Peterlee, UK

#475 Jun 12, 2010
what mastic gum did you take???
Delores

Cocoa, FL

#477 Jun 22, 2010
I had a blood test and have extremely high H pylori and was put on antibiotics but it did not work only gave me a yeast infection. I read an article put out by the London School of Medicine and in their studies, all of the people who were put on Mastic gum healed without any side effects. It worked for me but there are time it comes back and I simply start it again,must take on empty stomach before eating.
smudge1

Auckland, New Zealand

#478 Jun 23, 2010
Hi Delores. Just wondering if you got re-tested after using the Mastic gum to see if the pylori infection had actually been eradicated or not?
Ulla

San Diego, CA

#479 Jun 23, 2010
I had multiple digestive problems, and like you, I carry a diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation. I am HAPPY to say that Mastic Gum (Jarrow Formulas) 500 mg tablets ( I take a total of 4 per day), combined with a large broccoli salad daily, has completely cured ALL of my problems, incl. AFIB. It worked within a week. I had 4-6 AFIB attacks per week!
Best of luck,
Ulla
Ulla

San Diego, CA

#480 Jun 23, 2010
Forgot to say, that research shows that H-Pylori "hates" broccoli.
Ulla

San Diego, CA

#481 Jun 23, 2010
I have not been diagnosed with an ulcer, but have had multiple digestive issues. Worst of all was Atrial Fibrillation. I had it 44-6 times per week...couldn't get much worse than that. I read that Atrial Fib. could be caused by H-Pylori and that Mastic Gum and Broccoli helps. I have done this for two months now and I am both free of the digestive problems as well as the AFIB!!!Yaeh!
rob richardz

Littleton, CO

#482 Jul 8, 2010
I was surprised to see no reference to products containing complexed zinc L-carnosine (trade named pepzin GI).
Japan has one of the highest h. pylori infection rates in the world (in the 90%+ range). This led to the highest stomach cancer rate in the world.
Japan developed the complexed zine L-carnosine complex as a solution. There stomach cancer rate is almost nil now.
Now has a product called ulcetrol that combines this complex with mastic. Works great.
LEF also combines the two if I remember correctly.
Mauro

Manchester, UK

#483 Jul 8, 2010
Try manuka honey and mastic gum at the same time, it helps you a lot. I am suffering from that problem aswell and these things helped me a lot so far.
Ttj

Karaj, Iran

#484 Jul 8, 2010
rob richardz wrote:
I was surprised to see no reference to products containing complexed zinc L-carnosine (trade named pepzin GI).
Japan has one of the highest h. pylori infection rates in the world (in the 90%+ range). This led to the highest stomach cancer rate in the world.
Japan developed the complexed zine L-carnosine complex as a solution. There stomach cancer rate is almost nil now.
Now has a product called ulcetrol that combines this complex with mastic. Works great.
LEF also combines the two if I remember correctly.
Rob,
Thanks for that info - where did you get the info about Japan's cancers going to nil?
Have you tried this stuff yourself and it worked for you?
Nancy

Maumelle, AR

#485 Jul 9, 2010
Fred wrote:
I am very skeptical about trying Mastic Gum. I've read reports that say it works, and others say it has no effect on H-Pylori. I have many intestinal issues ( Including H-pylori )I also have high blood presure and atrial fibrialtion. I guess I am nervous about side effects and/or negative interactions with my beta blocker. I was placed on Biaxin and Metronidazole, but I couldn't take it for more than 2 days it made me feel horrible. Im now trying virgin pine nut oil, and probiotics. I want to try Mastic gum, but am fearful. Anyone have any positive/negative feedback on this supplement?
I took virgin nut oil also, it helped ease pain but never cured it. I was on gastro for ulcers by nature sunshine it helped but did not cure me. Ive been sick for 5 years ulcers in my intestines and stomach. Tried antibiotics got worse real sick. Ive been taking mastic gum and DGl with manuka honey. I started on the mastic first but wasnt good enough so bought the DGL and manuka honey and added to it I am feeling really good after almost dying a couple of times. The only problem I have with mastic gum is it is constipating me bad. So Im dealling with this now. But, the pain is gone if I keep taking it. So I pray that it will heal me. Best thing I have found so far. Be Blesses
Ttj

Karaj, Iran

#486 Aug 3, 2010
Apparantly this is why raw form of mastic gum has no effect on Pylori:

"Some in vivo studies have shown that mastic gum has no effect on Helicobacter pylori when taken for short periods of time[11][12]. However, a recent and more extensive study showed that mastic gum reduced Helicobacter pylori populations after an insoluble and sticky polymer (poly-β-myrcene) constituent of mastic gum was removed and taken for a longer period of time. Further analysis showed the acid fraction was the most active antibacterial extract, and the most active pure compound was isomasticadienolic acid."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistacia_lentisc...

Since: Jan 10

Orange, CA

#487 Aug 3, 2010
There is conflicting data on whether mastic gum kills H. pylori effectively in vivo (live human trials). Killing it in a test tube or mice is one thing, but I am interested in living human beings.

There is evidence that it aids in the healing of the gastric mucosa, possessing anti-inflammatory properties. I use it for healing rather than as an agent to kill the H. pylori bacteria. Note: there are studies that have shown that mastic gum kills H. pylori. The problem is that it is in less than 30% of the trial groups. So it works in about 1 out of every 3 that try is as a primary treatment (at dosages of 500mg’s 3x/day).

http://www.advancedhealing.com/blog/2009/09/1...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helicobacter Pylori Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
H.Pylori and Atrial Fibrillation Connection (Apr '09) 12 hr hsssam 34
A guide to taking Pylera from someone on the fr... (Apr '13) Jul 22 Nora 24
H Pylori and Constipation Jul 21 ramdog93 9
News Antibiotics are still the treatment of choice f... (Dec '07) Jul 20 Bri 218
H Pylori symptoms (Sep '07) Jul 18 kakdkfj 626
H Pylori and Weight loss (May '13) Jul 14 margaz 54
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) Jul 14 maria011 7,019
More from around the web