Democratic senator says Obamacare cou...

Democratic senator says Obamacare could have 'meltdown,' hurt party

There are 110 comments on the Reuters story from Dec 22, 2013, titled Democratic senator says Obamacare could have 'meltdown,' hurt party. In it, Reuters reports that:

President Barack Obama's healthcare law could have a "meltdown" and make it difficult for his Democratic Party to keep control of the U.S. Senate next year if ongoing problems with the program are not resolved, a Democratic senator said on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Evilmonger

Evansville, IN

#106 Dec 26, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
High Schools used to be dedicated, well some to Vo-Tech Training. Running lathes and presses was a common shop class offering some kids journeymen licenses upon graduation. Why doesn't you employer work with the local school board to institute a training program as a feeder program for his operations?
These jobs are not running a lathe. They are running automated machining lines with multiple lathes, drills, and grinders, along with all sorts of diagnostic equipment. The one I usually run amounts to about $800,000 worth of equipment. They DO sponsor a free class at a local community college designed to see that people are ready to begin to learn. That technical certification gives people a large boost towards getting hired to begin paid classroom training. The real attrition of hirees begins when they get out on the floor because the job is damned intimidating. It took about a year before I felt fairly comfortable with it. Depending on what parts you make, burnout is also an issue; some of our people work 40 hours, and some work up to 68 hours. But it does pay well for the area, and it has to be one of the last places where the company pays for ALL the health insurance premiums.
Evilmonger

Evansville, IN

#107 Dec 26, 2013
spoko wrote:
<quoted text>
Illiterates getting into colleges? No one ever accused you of being the brightest bulb in the chandelier eh?
Idiot. Look up some statistics on how many high-school graduates have to take remedial classes when they get to college. It's pathetic.
spoko

Oakland, CA

#108 Dec 26, 2013
Evilmonger wrote:
<quoted text> Are lefties so stupid as to think someone will give up a bonus when it's so easy not to? Keep slinging those fries and dreaming of $15/hr!
Now that is brilliant for a moron ...:-/
spoko

Oakland, CA

#109 Dec 26, 2013
Evilmonger wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot. Look up some statistics on how many high-school graduates have to take remedial classes when they get to college. It's pathetic.
You should know ... I'm sure!

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#110 Dec 26, 2013
spoko wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know ... I'm sure!
This coming from the left coast. 36th place out of 50 for quality of their education. In case they didn't teach you this, that isn't good.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#111 Dec 26, 2013
Some states that scored better than California when it comes to public education.

Florida: the state with arguably the largest number of drunk, naked rednecks of all placed 30 positions higher than California.

Georgia: One word, Deliverance

Maine: Basically the south with snow and a funny accent.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#112 Dec 27, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
Some states that scored better than California when it comes to public education.
Florida: the state with arguably the largest number of drunk, naked rednecks of all placed 30 positions higher than California.
Georgia: One word, Deliverance
Maine: Basically the south with snow and a funny accent.
California has got 139 "takers" for every 100 "givers or working tax payers".

55 Reasons Why California Is The Worst State In America

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/12/13/55-reas...

The Number Of People On Welfare Exceeds The Number Of People With Jobs In 11 States

by Michael Snyder • December 26, 2012

http://michaelsnyder.mensnewsdaily.com/2012/1...

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#113 Dec 27, 2013
Evilmonger wrote:
<quoted text>Are lefties so stupid as to think someone will give up a bonus when it's so easy not to? Keep slinging those fries and dreaming of $15/hr!
The only use one of their three brain cells.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#115 Jan 1, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Health Care in america is a congressional guaranteed right as of March 2010 with the enactment of ACA. That in not way makes health care free.
Have you been paying attention to the issue at large, or just running off at the face as you are now?
The Health Care markets are now open to all American citizens on an equal basis. Where prior to ACA discrimination that locked out certain individuals from the market that is today not allowed.
States like Texas have a $8K maximum income participation criteria, so what of those minimum wage earners in Texas that number about 7 Million, who earn more than $8K a year and can't purchase comprehensive health care coverage on the peanuts they earn?
Are those American not good enough to provide some access to Health Care insurance in some way? Texas politicians don't think so. If they did one quarter of the 26 Million Texans would not be without health care insurance. That's colonial era European barbarism. Those are the same conditions colonial era immigrants were trying to escape from in coming to America as indentured servants.
Healthcare in America is not a guaranteed right. As of March 2010, health "insurance" is a government mandate.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#116 Jan 1, 2014
Even if the Government corrects the problems with the website Americans will not forget the premiums are higher, and the deductibles are out of sight. So what can Americans do? They can vote out all those who supported Obamascam, and tell the new leadership we want it repealed. If they do not repeal it then vote them out in 2016.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) 5 hr cruzin_mama 34
News McClintock Joins Statement Against Extending Ob... 6 hr tomin cali 1
News How Therapy Became A Hobby Of The Wealthy, Out ... 15 hr HumanSpirit 1
News Brown signs bill to help illegal immigrants buy... Jun 11 tomin cali 1
News Clinton Dumbfounded byRising Cost of Obamacare Jun 10 just axe me 2
Very upset with my situation.! Help, please Jun 9 just axe me 8
News California Dems Inch Closer to Extending Obamac... Jun 8 tomin cali 1
More from around the web