First glimpses of a new health care w...

First glimpses of a new health care world

There are 7 comments on the Fortune story from Sep 20, 2013, titled First glimpses of a new health care world. In it, Fortune reports that:

As health insurance is reshaped, some major corporations are switching the way they offer coverage to current employees and retirees, in a move that is likely to pave the way for major change to the American health care system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fortune.

Steph

Magdeburg, Germany

#1 Sep 20, 2013
it was already new world order-it means wars and massacres everywhere and now it will be new health care order- it will be probably more and more deaths.Why are such people, who are laways damned to failure instead of all lunatic ideas? It would be better if they would have common reason and use brains in their lives.
international citizen

Hazleton, PA

#2 Sep 20, 2013
I do not care, because I am setup under foreign corporations and do not pay much taxes if any to this government. Let the parasites mooch off of Chinese banks, because I am anchored in tax havens.
mea

United States

#3 Sep 26, 2013
So, this was a good article and if you all haven't yet read it, then do so.

It says that in private exchanges, employers pay a
set amount to that exchange, and then the retiree or employee then cough up the rest.

The Affordable part ---then--- is for only companies!

The UNaffordable part is for the individual.

AND the individual voted for this...remember??????

Obama and gang were elected TWO TIMES!!! DAH!

So how's it gonna go in 2014? The same stupidity?
mea

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2013
And here's another bit of info for all you voters out there:

10% is the schedule! And this is 10% INFLATION
per year.

The national debt is going to be reduced by devaluing it.
BUT the down side is this....ALL things get more expensive and your income pretty much stays the same.

So, are YOU gonna be able to AFFORD ANY health care
in five years...after 50% inflation has attacked it?

NOPE

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#5 Sep 26, 2013
Original plan of the Democrats was to allow people to buy into Medicare as an option to buying private insurance. When the bill was in the Senate, Lieberman flipflopped and withdrew his support of this approach. The Democrats increased the federal subsidies to help people afford buy private plans on state exchanges as part of the mandate. The insurance companies said that they had to accept people with preexisiting conditions, they couldn't make premiums affordable unless the healthy bought policies as well. We shall see if everyone buying in actually changes costs in any significant way. In the law is a requirement that insurance plans spend 80% they collect through premiums on actual medical care.

There is a short article in this month's Prevention magazine that offers some useful information.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#6 Sep 26, 2013
on choosing a plan...
newsfl

Lynnwood, WA

#7 Sep 27, 2013
the prices are outrageous lol.....just saying me paing 140 bucks a month for good insurance cannot compare to what i will be paying lol. time to man up and just deal with the infection, the cold the fever's the bronchitis and live with a broken give a fuck about the whole situation ima help fund with a percentage of my check whether or not if i have insurance or not...lol we all are gonna pay for that shit ass with two good arms to have healthcare he cant afford because he wont work, "i aint baggin no groceries, feed me, keep me healthy and with cheap rent" lol. btw, i have one good arm...so i am definitly biast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers revisiting requiring those on Medicai... 8 hr Just Think 146
My brother can't afford his insurance, can he c... May 23 ardith 2
News Medicaid cuts coming in Trump budget - Washingt... May 23 ardith 1
News Repeal and replace debate filled with unknowns May 23 Standupvote 10
insurance and counties May 19 BitBit 1
News Protesting in Dunkirk May 17 Todd 10
News Progress reducing US uninsured rate comes to a ... May 17 ohwilbur 1
More from around the web