No health-care reform coverage for un...

No health-care reform coverage for undocumented immigrants

There are 50 comments on the SanLuisObispo.com story from Aug 30, 2012, titled No health-care reform coverage for undocumented immigrants. In it, SanLuisObispo.com reports that:

After President Barack Obama's administration declared in June that 800,000 young undocumented immigrants could remain and work in the United States, it quietly issued a rule this week that blocks these immigrants from taking advantage of the health-care reform law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SanLuisObispo.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#1 Aug 30, 2012
None for illegal aliens too. I bet California will give them free medical and for anybody else who can cross the border.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 30, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
None for illegal aliens too. I bet California will give them free medical and for anybody else who can cross the border.
alot of ca hospitals have opened clinics just for them,yet for some reason they will not stay out of er's. must be orders from the kindg to try and kill off citizens by messing with medical care for citizens.
billingrehab

Pottstown, PA

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Nor should undocumented immigrants get access to health care reform. If they want free medical care become a legit documented worker or citizen to become elidgable for low income health care.

People have to understand the ILLEGAL undocumented workers are NOT just here to escape what ever they are here with a sense of entitlement and intent to get as much as they can off the books or for free. Meaning they have no real intentions of immigrating.

Oh well, can't play both sides of the fence-pun intended.
Sue Robbins

AOL

#4 Aug 31, 2012
You people are nuts. One of the rewards Illegals are given for ignoring our immigraiton laws is unlimited free tax slave funded health care.

You can barely get into an emergency room in So Cal. They are swarming with illegals getting all their families health care FREE at the expense of the pitiful citizen families. Hee Hee Hee.

If citizens are NOT stupid or weak minded enough to pay for illegals to get all sorts of free stuff where they are the should come to California. It's ONLY a Blue State! The State is already hundreds of BILLIONS in debt so nobody cares what anything costs.

Illegally colonizing Calif. is like hitting the Lottery for Illegals. The citizens here have no spine or backbone whatsoever and NEVER stand up for their families best interests.
billingrehab

Pottstown, PA

#5 Aug 31, 2012
Sue Robbins wrote:
You people are nuts. One of the rewards Illegals are given for ignoring our immigraiton laws is unlimited free tax slave funded health care.
You can barely get into an emergency room in So Cal. They are swarming with illegals getting all their families health care FREE at the expense of the pitiful citizen families. Hee Hee Hee.
If citizens are NOT stupid or weak minded enough to pay for illegals to get all sorts of free stuff where they are the should come to California. It's ONLY a Blue State! The State is already hundreds of BILLIONS in debt so nobody cares what anything costs.
Illegally colonizing Calif. is like hitting the Lottery for Illegals. The citizens here have no spine or backbone whatsoever and NEVER stand up for their families best interests.
It was several years ago at this point but I remember CNN report found illegal immigrant who used an ER around a dozens times and was proud of it but answering any questions.

ER service is not mandatory to those without insurance unless they have a life threatening condition. That means if you got the sniffles you sniffle some more. The hospitals in Calif probably treat those ILLEGALs because they might not only have fellow countrymen patients but there is probably somekind of reimbursement or tax write offs for treatment of uninsured patients. But this goes back to the problem of somebody else is paying for it.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#6 Aug 31, 2012
Let's see, what has the obam's amnesty program netted the illegal aliens? 2 years of green card. Hell, it's going to take them at least that long to find one! LOL

Yes, I know, if the obam wins, there will be special programs that provide special jobs for these illegal aliens. After all, it isn't their fault. I wonder how far you or I could go through life with that mantra?
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#7 Aug 31, 2012
Sue Robbins wrote:
I understand they have had to close some emergency rooms because of this. What a shame, like education, CA's hospitals use to be one of the top in the nation...now it is the arm pit! I grew up there. I only go back for funerals, brides & grooms should know better!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#8 Aug 31, 2012
Anyone who shows up at the emergency room wih an emergency should be treated. Cost should not be an issue. The law says we can get treatment.
billingrehab

Pottstown, PA

#9 Aug 31, 2012
Juan wrote:
Anyone who shows up at the emergency room wih an emergency should be treated. Cost should not be an issue. The law says we can get treatment.
Law says you can get treatment for a life threatening but mandatory treatment of the sniffles, tummy ache or boo boo isn't required.

I know US citizens without insurance sent home from the ER with sky rocketing blood pressure and misc complaints. Even with a recent history of hospitalization for misc ailments. If a state like Calif voluntarily choses to treat all uninsured ER patients probably for reimbursement of somekind that is on them.
see the light

United States

#10 Aug 31, 2012
Maybe all the Illegal aliens will move to Ca. They need to round them all up.
Bob Lewis

AOL

#11 Sep 1, 2012
Juan wrote:
Take full advantage of the pitiful losers who elected the unpatriotic garbage who are squandering American citizens money on you. If Americans had a spine or a back bone Obama wouldn't be in the White House...and you wouldn't be getting "special privileges" for ignoring American Law.

The fact that Voters were pathetic enough to elect Obama to be President is not your fault. Take all you can get from the Suckers who Obama is forcing to PAY for it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 Sep 1, 2012
hospitals have to eat most of the bill and pass what they can on to the rest of us for illegal aliens. one by me got sued for not having enough translators.

that needs to stop being there is no way for every hospitals to have a translator for every language on earth.
Obama 2012

AOL

#13 Sep 1, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
hospitals have to eat most of the bill and pass what they can on to the rest of us for illegal aliens. one by me got sued for not having enough translators.
that needs to stop being there is no way for every hospitals to have a translator for every language on earth.
You Racists need to Man Down. Cowardice is vital to accomodaing Illegals.

Californian's stood in silence as their Public Schools plummeted from 9th to 47th in quality education in service to the massive number of illegals. In Southern California, 13 major Hospitals were force into Bankruptcy serving non paying Illegals over the last few years.

Lower your standards. You must accept every tragic out come as all your family deserves if you are going to be seen as a "good" Democrat.

Embrace the Disgrace as though it is all your families deserve. Obama 2012! Obama 2012!
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Juan wrote:
Cost will be an issue for someone. I guess it doesn't matter when you are only here to take...
see the light

United States

#15 Sep 1, 2012
Juan wrote:
Juan, answer me this, why do you feel being an illegal your'e intitled to all American benefits?
billingrehab

Pottstown, PA

#16 Sep 1, 2012
Why should legal US citizens be subject to lawsuits and/or denied medical care but an ILLEGAL alien gets their boo boos and sniffles taken care of like that. California?

http://soundmedicine.iu.edu/segment/3288/Is-h... -

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/07/opinion/carroll...

http://articles.philly.com/2012-06-11/busines...

I guess you can't be sued when you don't have a valid home address to or permanent phone line for the bill collectors and lawyers to pursue. Hah! A perk to being an ILLEGAL alien, avoid obligations.
Vern Moore

AOL

#17 Sep 2, 2012
billingrehab wrote:
Why should legal US citizens be subject to lawsuits and/or denied medical care but an ILLEGAL alien gets their boo boos and sniffles taken care of like that. California?
http://soundmedicine.iu.edu/segment/3288/Is-h... -
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/07/opinion/carroll...
http://articles.philly.com/2012-06-11/busines...
I guess you can't be sued when you don't have a valid home address to or permanent phone line for the bill collectors and lawyers to pursue. Hah! A perk to being an ILLEGAL alien, avoid obligations.
STFU.......America is only Obama Nation now.
Elections have consequences!
Bend over, grab you ankles and prepare to own the consequences you earned when you didn't vote to stop Obama
Robert

Lees Summit, MO

#18 Sep 2, 2012
Juan wrote:
Gee Juan, who do we bill for your free healthcare? Since you do not have a SSN, us US citizens eat those costs too? Typical illegal thinks they are entitled to free everything. I wonder who gave them that idea? Stupid liberals!!!
Sanity Now

AOL

#19 Sep 2, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Juan, who do we bill for your free healthcare? Since you do not have a SSN, us US citizens eat those costs too? Typical illegal thinks they are entitled to free everything. I wonder who gave them that idea? Stupid liberals!!!
Don't stoop to demeaning the Illegals. The relentlessly unpatriotic citizen Commnity Organizers have driven the Illegals to DEMAND rights invented for the express purpose of DIVIDING Americans against one another.

Diabolical Citizen Community Groups like La Raza and ACORN are using the Illegals to drive a wedge between Americans. Like all of the UnAmerican Class Warfare crap we are seeing from the Obama campaign.

Divide and Conquer.
Very Progressive.
Very Obama!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#20 Sep 2, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Juan, answer me this, why do you feel being an illegal your'e intitled to all American benefits?
I'm as close to a citizen as one can get. I was brought to the states as an infant, I've been Americanized and deserve all the benefits a citizen gets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Share on LinkedIn 19 hr NOM s Waffle House 1
News Gauging the real risks and benefits of a medica... Aug 17 Spiralight 1
Health Insurance Survey Aug 14 jlmilli 1
News Governor's Address: Maine's Senators are out of... Aug 13 heisanutjob 15
News Study says Trump moves trigger health premium j... Aug 13 Covfefe 31
News Insurers accused of 'ageism' with extra charges... Aug 12 Still in pain 1
News Study: Trump actions trigger health premium hik... Aug 10 Crosshairs 8
More from around the web