Insurance exchanges opening soon for ...

Insurance exchanges opening soon for Ga. residents

There are 1 comment on the The Macon Telegraph story from Sep 29, 2013, titled Insurance exchanges opening soon for Ga. residents. In it, The Macon Telegraph reports that:

Starting Tuesday, those without employer-provided health insurance can visit an online exchange run by the U.S. government and purchase policies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Macon Telegraph.

conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Sep 29, 2013
The exchanges are for those without insurance. People who receive health care coverage through their employers will not use the exchanges. Studies released this month by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services showed the lowest-cost silver-level policy on the Georgia exchanges would average around $304 per month for an individual.

Bill Rencher, the health access program director for Georgia Watch, a consumer organization that has tried to educate Georgia's residents about the pending changes:

"I was actually pretty thrilled with the prices," Rencher said. "They were more reasonable than I thought they were going to be. I tell people that affordable doesn't mean dirt cheap. Don't expect it to be free."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Repeal or retain? Election opens final act for ... Aug 22 Hostis Publicus 12
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) Aug 22 Vote Trump 245
News Repeal or retain? Election opens final act for ... Aug 21 Stephany McDowell 1
Braces covered by health insurance? Aug 14 tuf4311 1
News Why it Matters: Issues at stake in election Aug 14 mar 1
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) Aug 4 Rock the Rock 61
Very upset with my situation.! Help, please (Feb '16) Jul '16 just axe me 9
More from around the web