Health Exchanges Open, With Glitches

Oct 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

The health-insurance marketplaces at the center of President Barack Obama 's health law saw a surge of consumer interest Tuesday that surprised even many of the law's backers.

Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Obama is a Horses Rosette

Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 1, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Obamacare already causing chaos as expected.
Disgusted

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Tried to create my ACA account this morning but was informed the system was unavailable. Took 30 minutes to get a response via ACA live chat. Just told them to F--K OFF.

What a complete clusterfuck.
Obama is a Horses Rosette

Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Universal Health Care is more like Universal Cluster Fcuk.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

[Big smile] the worst you tea-baggers can say about the first day of the Affordable Care Act (OBAMACARE) is that computers are down and 30 minute wait time over the phone because millions of Americans are eager to get health insurance then you are really looking for a reason to disparage this; you have nothing. Glitches… that is the best, LOL.

Happy OBAMACARE Day Bitc… I mean Glitches, LOL!

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Disgusted wrote:
Tried to create my ACA account this morning but was informed the system was unavailable. Took 30 minutes to get a response via ACA live chat. Just told them to F--K OFF.
What a complete clusterfuck.
How stupid are you to basically waste however long you tried to log on, and then another 30 minutes on the phone to curse at someone ready to do their job; who probably just finished signing up someone for health coverage because your patience is that of a 5 year old… and furthermore, you’re the fool who needs health care insurance, so who are you hurting?… LOL, you tea-baggers are dumb.
Disgusted

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

These so called glitches are just an inkling of the mismanagement to come. Administration of ACA will fail. Oversight to prevent fraud will fail. All ACA will accomplish is employing another massive horde of incompetent leeches sucking the life out of this Nation and getting automTic raises for doing so.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Disgusted wrote:
These so called glitches are just an inkling of the mismanagement to come. Administration of ACA will fail. Oversight to prevent fraud will fail. All ACA will accomplish is employing another massive horde of incompetent leeches sucking the life out of this Nation and getting automTic raises for doing so.
Someone needs a lesson in server loads and how they can be overwhelm with traffic.

May I suggest some light reading?http://en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/Web_server#Load_limits
LoLbama

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you to basically waste however long you tried to log on, and then another 30 minutes on the phone to curse at someone ready to do their job; who probably just finished signing up someone for health coverage because your patience is that of a 5 year old… and furthermore, you’re the fool who needs health care insurance, so who are you hurting?… LOL, you tea-baggers are dumb.
With Obamacare’s massive Patient Data Hub poised to open soon, a sloppy mistake by an Obamacare employee hasn’t exactly inspired confidence that Americans’ private information will be closely guarded by Obamacare’s powers-that-be. As the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports (and Andrew Johnson highlights at NRO), an Obamacare exchange employee in Minnesota accidentally sent out an email containing 2,400 Americans’ Social Security numbers.

The Star Tribune writes:

“A MNsure employee accidentally sent an e-mail file to an Apple Valley insurance broker’s office on Thursday that contained Social Security numbers, names, business addresses and other identifying information on more than 2,400 insurance agents.

“An official at MNsure, the state’s new online health insurance exchange, acknowledged it had mishandled private data. A MNsure security manager called the broker, Jim Koester, and walked him and his assistant through a process of deleting the file from their computer hard drives.

“Koester said he willingly complied, but was unnerved.

“‘The more I thought about it, the more troubled I was,’ he said.‘What if this had fallen into the wrong hands? It’s scary. If this is happening now, how can clients of MNsure be confident their data is safe?’”
pat-cakes

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you to basically waste however long you tried to log on, and then another 30 minutes on the phone to curse at someone ready to do their job; who probably just finished signing up someone for health coverage because your patience is that of a 5 year old… and furthermore, you’re the fool who needs health care insurance, so who are you hurting?… LOL, you tea-baggers are dumb.
When you post on a TOPIX forum...call people names, and mock those that disagree with you...on a TOPIX...as if you are an authority on...Well, anything...on a TOPIX forum...and presume yourself wise...on a TOPIX form...?
To answer your question...we have a winner, Patty-Cakes, and it would be you that walks away with the stupid award!! Congrats!!
Your Ex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

72% of Americans blame GOP for shutdown.
3 million Americans sign up for healthcare in the 1st 24 hrs.
"They beat their fists against the posts, and still insist they see the ghosts.."
disgusted

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 2, 2013
 
LOL I guess I'm a lucky one after all. I'll just wait a while longer before signing up to see how many and what kind of huge holes in the ACA data protection process are exposed.

I do hope the MNsure 'security manager'(who allowed this blatanty simple security breach in the first place) guided Koester through a true data wipe and did not have him merely delete and then empty the recycle bin.
LoLbama wrote:
<quoted text>
With Obamacare’s massive Patient Data Hub poised to open soon, a sloppy mistake by an Obamacare employee hasn’t exactly inspired confidence that Americans’ private information will be closely guarded by Obamacare’s powers-that-be. As the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports (and Andrew Johnson highlights at NRO), an Obamacare exchange employee in Minnesota accidentally sent out an email containing 2,400 Americans’ Social Security numbers.
The Star Tribune writes:
“A MNsure employee accidentally sent an e-mail file to an Apple Valley insurance broker’s office on Thursday that contained Social Security numbers, names, business addresses and other identifying information on more than 2,400 insurance agents.
“An official at MNsure, the state’s new online health insurance exchange, acknowledged it had mishandled private data. A MNsure security manager called the broker, Jim Koester, and walked him and his assistant through a process of deleting the file from their computer hard drives.
“Koester said he willingly complied, but was unnerved.
“‘The more I thought about it, the more troubled I was,’ he said.‘What if this had fallen into the wrong hands? It’s scary. If this is happening now, how can clients of MNsure be confident their data is safe?’”
Your Ex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

You don't have to provide your SSN to the exchange sites.
So don't.
Everything else you put in, every data mining Co. On the planet already knows about you.
Get over the 'privacy' issue.
We don't have any.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

LoLbama wrote:
<quoted text>
With Obamacare’s massive Patient Data Hub poised to open soon, a sloppy mistake by an Obamacare employee hasn’t exactly inspired confidence that Americans’ private information will be closely guarded by Obamacare’s powers-that-be. As the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports (and Andrew Johnson highlights at NRO), an Obamacare exchange employee in Minnesota accidentally sent out an email containing 2,400 Americans’ Social Security numbers.
So let me get this right, you're arguing that because someone might have or just might make a mistake millions of Americans should be denied affordable health insurance coverage?
You know the best part of this has been that you all went from -
The day before Obama care became implemented: the end of the world is near...
The day of and after Obama care is implemented to: there are glitches because so many people are logging on to get affordable health insurance coverage...LOL
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this right, you're arguing that because someone might have or just might make a mistake millions of Americans should be denied affordable health insurance coverage?
You know the best part of this has been that you all went from -
The day before Obama care became implemented: the end of the world is near...
The day of and after Obama care is implemented to: there are glitches because so many people are logging on to get affordable health insurance coverage...LOL
In one of the first breaches of the new Obamacare online marketplaces, an employee of the Minnesota marketplace, called MNsure, accidentally emailed Koester a document containing personally identifying information for more than 2,400 insurance agents, the Minnesota Star Tribune reported. MNsure was able to quickly undo the damage because Koester cooperated with them, but the incident left him unnerved. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Your Ex wrote:
You don't have to provide your SSN to the exchange sites.
So don't.
Everything else you put in, every data mining Co. On the planet already knows about you.
Get over the 'privacy' issue.
We don't have any.
But are the data mining sites as un-protected and vulnerable as the exchanges? Hope you have cubic hours to spend recovering your identity.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 2, 2013
 
Your Ex wrote:
You don't have to provide your SSN to the exchange sites.
So don't.
Everything else you put in, every data mining Co. On the planet already knows about you.
Get over the 'privacy' issue.
We don't have any.
You are absolutely right.
Companies buy and sell ever spec of data that they accumulate about you.
The only people that don't have their life nearly public are the homeless
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 2, 2013
 
A democrat senator being told like it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you to basically waste however long you tried to log on, and then another 30 minutes on the phone to curse at someone ready to do their job; who probably just finished signing up someone for health coverage because your patience is that of a 5 year old… and furthermore, you’re the fool who needs health care insurance, so who are you hurting?… LOL, you tea-baggers are dumb.
You must have been tea bagged your entire libtard life growing up. I have Blue Cross and Blue Shield and I have been all over those obama care web sites helping crash them. LOL!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Your Ex wrote:
72% of Americans blame GOP for shutdown.
3 million Americans sign up for healthcare in the 1st 24 hrs.
"They beat their fists against the posts, and still insist they see the ghosts.."
That's a lie. msnbc gives their puppets talking points and you guys run out and spread the garbage. 3 million people may have logged onto their pathetic web site but I guarantee you 3 million people didn't sign up. You are an idiot. 72%? LMFAO!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this right, you're arguing that because someone might have or just might make a mistake millions of Americans should be denied affordable health insurance coverage?
You know the best part of this has been that you all went from -
The day before Obama care became implemented: the end of the world is near...
The day of and after Obama care is implemented to: there are glitches because so many people are logging on to get affordable health insurance coverage...LOL
I log on constantly just to crash the system. It ain't over till it's over. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••