Obama apologizes, seeks healthcare solutions

Nov 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WAPT-TV Jackson

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Comments
61 - 66 of 66 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

So why hasn't Obama apologized for continuing so many of bush's policies?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
No Question about our Political System being Fascist----with elections being a sham. If you are with the Fascists, the MSM will cover-up any wrong-doing or corruption. If you are against the Fascists they can turn jay-walking into a war-crime.
I will need more info as to who wrote the bill before being convinced----but I'm not ruling anything out at this point.
I don't know that it matters. It clearly is a boon to the health insurance company executives. Their markets just expanded dramatically and profits will go through the roof.

Both political parties support it. The corporations who can write the laws are the organizations who write them for their own benefit, to extract our wealth to their pockets. Even if you do trace the origin to the GOP, the origin goes even further to the corporations who control the GOP and the democrats.

The real answer is the fascists are in control and they can do anything they want, while we argue about which party is to blame.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that it matters. It clearly is a boon to the health insurance company executives. Their markets just expanded dramatically and profits will go through the roof.
Both political parties support it. The corporations who can write the laws are the organizations who write them for their own benefit, to extract our wealth to their pockets. Even if you do trace the origin to the GOP, the origin goes even further to the corporations who control the GOP and the democrats.
The real answer is the fascists are in control and they can do anything they want, while we argue about which party is to blame.
in fact, the insurance industry is not enamored with the ACA, many of them think taking away their ability to charge more for riskier people makes the industry ready to fold, regardless of whether everyone signs up or not.

your fantasy about corporations running the US just shows how far out of touch with reality you are. try getting involved in your countries politics and you might actually be able to speak intelligently and knowingly about it.

where do you get your meager employment from? one of those big bad corporations?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

"I'm sorry! So sorry!!!" Yeah right. Obama has been admonished twice in the last 2 weeks, first by President Carter, and now by President Clinton. Democrats up for reelection are doing the kabuki dance over the lying from Obama's lips. Republicans couldn't have written a better drama if they tried.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

So a liar apologizes, and people believe he's now sincere?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, the insurance industry is not enamored with the ACA, many of them think taking away their ability to charge more for riskier people makes the industry ready to fold, regardless of whether everyone signs up or not.
your fantasy about corporations running the US just shows how far out of touch with reality you are. try getting involved in your countries politics and you might actually be able to speak intelligently and knowingly about it.
where do you get your meager employment from? one of those big bad corporations?
You are correct that the insurance companies don't consider the ACA ideal. While they get hundreds of millions more in revenue, they had to accept a bit of regulation. Instead of just taking your money and laughing all the way to the bank, they have to actually pay for a few things here and there. While they like the extra profits, they are still going for more, and all they have to do is fight a bit of regulation and just think how many billions the CEOs can get in new bonuses.

If the industry would fold, that would be great. It won't happen because they won't turn their backs on billions in new profits. If they did, the stock holders would have them in prison within a year. If you really think the ACA tells the insurance companies what you charge, perhaps you can provide a link. I doubt you can, because as you say, you don't have to look anything up, because you already know everything.

As to where have I worked. Yes, I worked for those big corporations for more than 15 years. I understand how they make profit. I saw first hand how when they sell to the government, they cannot also sell commercially. I see why the prices are outrageously high.(like the $500 toilet seat). Yes, they do hire lobbyists, and they get massive subsidizes even for failure. They do donate to politicians, to maintain their influence (both parties; either side wins, they win.) And yes, I have seen how politicians cater to those who "invest" in their campaigns. Those who invest, expect a good return on that investment, just like any other investment. If they don't get the return they expect, they fire the person in charge and get someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Health Insurance Discussions

Search the Health Insurance Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MMA Rounds Jul 18 Mary Ziotard Brand 3
BlueCross rate increase in 2015 would affect th... Jul 17 Low Rent 4
White House Website Promotes Obamacare En Espanol Jul 9 Amigo 1
Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest r... (Sep '13) Jul 8 Amigo 3,808
Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years Jul 5 Cris Ericson 2
Health insurance cards for migrants Jul 3 fenerB 1
House overwhelmingly refuses to expand Medicaid (May '13) Jul 2 Johnny 2
•••
•••