How much will your surgery REALLY cost?

Feb 12, 2013 Full story: New York Daily News 7

Sean Toohey, a grains broker at the Chicago Board of Trade, who had hip replacement surgery last summer, walks home from work in Chicago.

Full Story
Keisha

Kansas City, MO

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Pricing of medical procedures, for instance, hip replacement surgery should be fair and square. Not all have health insurance or money to pay for an operation. Transparency of the prices is essential. However, a hip replacement operation has its risks as well. Based on media reports, it may cause metallosis, wherein metal debris may leak into the bloodstream of the recipients of metal-on-metal hip implants. This actually stimulated others to file lawsuits against the manufacturer of these hip prostheses. I had a chance to visit stryker-hip-replacement-recall.com and I think they've got the info on related issue.
Luz

Perth Amboy, NJ

#2 Mar 9, 2013
If these reports are true, then something must be done about this. Having a hip surgery can really be costly and not all have the available funds for it. Knowing the amount needed will help a patient prepare for the expenses he or she will be incurring. Maybe the government health authorities can do something about this.
Ben

Perth Amboy, NJ

#3 Mar 22, 2013
This can be very frustrating to the patient. One cannot help but wonder if he is gettng the right services for the amount he paid. Knowing the price would also surely be helpful in preparing the funds for such an operaton. This issue was taken up by Congress but somehow got lost along the way. Hopefully they will take this concen seriously. Having a hip surgery is difficult as it is without the confusion brought by these different prices. More on hip replacement surgery is available in DePuy ASR hip lawsuit informaton center.
Carl

Perth Amboy, NJ

#4 Apr 26, 2013
This issue has really affected a lot of patients since most these people have to shell out personal funds to have a hip surgery. Knowing in advance the total cost will allow these patients to prepare for a surgery that may be life-changing. A recent study has shown that cost may range from as low as 20,000 to as high of 125,000. For more on information, you may visit DePuy Settlement Information Center.
Kae

Pioneer, CA

#5 May 4, 2013
Yes getting a hip replacement surgery is very expensive. I read an article about how much will a patient spend for this type of surgery, and according to the article ( www.medpathgroup.com/total_hip_replacement.ph... ) that it may cost you up to $40,000. Considering that it is a major surgery, then it is expected to be really costly. And it is better to do research of your own before getting one. You must get the best surgeon you can find, a good attending physician to educate and rundown some pointers about the surgery and its possible risks. To know more about it, pls http://www.depuyrecallnewscenter.com/lawsuits...
Luke

Macon, GA

#7 May 9, 2013
You might be very anxious on how much you will need to prepare for getting a hip replacement surgery. And I know how frustrating it is to juggle your thoughts whether the procedure is really effective and how much will u spend in return. Yes you may spend a lot, and a lot more if you don't have health insurance. So to avoid any regrets, do some homework. Doctors will recommend treatments but they won't really mind if you can afford it or not. Explore some possible options, go for alternative treatments if you like. Good if it works, if not and THR is the only solution, then go for the best surgeon and a good hospital that you can find. THR is a crucial procedure thats why its quite expensive, make sure every penny you spent is worth it. See http://www.hipreplacementlawsuitcenter.com
rehabthebill

Bryn Mawr, PA

#8 May 25, 2013
Your surgery can cost anything the health provider industry wants it to cost because the health care provider industry can charge you/your insurance anything they want for surgery and/or supplies, rooms, miscellaneous services etc. Meaning this is why you have 50 dollar band aids and aspirin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hospitals say too many of the newly insured are... 17 hr TX_Braniac 10
Blue Cross Blue Shield in Texas ... comments, r... Sep 15 lomofirefly 13
Ask Emily: Is kidsa dental care considered a es... Sep 12 bryanflake1984 1
The 'Ed Show' returns to MSNBC with Sen. Bernie... (May '13) Sep 11 guest 2
My FREE annual check-up for $1,347.36 Sep 10 TX_Braniac 2
Many kids fall through gaps in dental care Sep 10 Israel is evil 13
Alison Lundergan Grimes might as well run on Ky... Sep 8 Electra41 1
•••

Health Insurance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE