Survey: Health Insurance Gains Pick Up

Survey: Health Insurance Gains Pick Up

There are 32 comments on the National Public Radio story from Apr 7, 2014, titled Survey: Health Insurance Gains Pick Up. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

A major new survey finds that a growing percentage of Americans gained health insurance as the initial sign-up season for President Barack Obama's health care law drew to a close last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#23 Apr 7, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
<quoted text>so youve got nothing (as usual) to dispute his post with othe rthan pesonal attack and off topic garbage? You lose, again. Troll on troll!
Gripes ya, doesn't it, boy? LMAO.

Luv the parade of numbers deniers. hahahahahahahahaha
Bee Eff Dee

Webster, MA

#24 Apr 7, 2014
TonyT, I admit I was wrong on the cause of the Springfield closing. I read your link and you are right and I honestly appreciate the correction. I try to be as accurate as possible but screw up info sometimes. I've double checked where I got the info and haven't heard back. I'm not here to spread misinformation as it hurts both sides of any discussion.
-

My UMass numbers still stand and will be a serious issue in the coming yrs for huge and small hospitals to survive with the ACAs cuts. Could the $ be found in CEOs massive pay? Some yes, not billions. The consumers (sick) will end up paying in the end either through higher taxes, bigger insurance premiums or bigger co-pays all in the name of %.0143 of the population.
-
I don't want to see people die. I just think a bi-partisan effort w tort reform, ensuring pre-existing conditions are covered would have been much better than what we have now. It's too much all at once and our gov can't get the post office to run effeciantly never mind an over haul like this.
-
Not to mention immigration and jobs should have gotten the yrs of attention the ACA got. Those 2, I feel anyway, should have been job #1 and #1a.
-
Again thank you for the clarification on Springfield.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#25 Apr 7, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"In a statement, officials at the nonprofit hospital said the board of its parent organization, Northern Berkshire Healthcare, voted to shutter the hospital and the Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of Northern Berkshire, and three hospital-owned medical practices. The move came in response to the hospital’s “worsening financial status,” it said.
Over the past six years, as the hospital went in and out of bankruptcy,“we have investigated every possible avenue and exhausted all options as we searched for a way to continue operating the hospital and its affiliates,” board chairwoman Julia Bolton said in the statement.
Bolton said hospital officials hoped to prevent a shutdown.“But now, given our finances and the daunting challenges that small rural community hospitals are facing in this health care environment, we can no longer continue,” she said....
Lynn Nicholas, president of the Massachusetts Hospital Association, said many other hospitals are being squeezed financially at a time of rapid changes in the health care business, with commercial health insurers and government payers cutting reimbursements.
“This is an example where some small community hospitals in today’s environment are not going to be able to survive without cross-subsidization from a larger system,” Nicholas said.“We may be seeing more of this in Massachusetts and elsewhere in the country.”
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/03/2...
Nah... Obamacare had nothing to do with it.
"The move came in response to the hospital’s “worsening financial status,” it said.
Over the past six years, as the hospital went in and out of bankruptcy"

So the ACA was around 6 years ago?

News to me - and anybody else with a semblance of comprehension.

So now smaller rural places cost more to maintain?

Keep trying Spunky - this is what happens when large corporations buy smaller subsidiaries and don't get the bang for the buck - or in many instances, they buy other less promising businesses to utilize as capital gains write offs for the profitable organizations they maintain. A little business sense or education would behoove you.

In any event - this had been going on 6 years ago - so nope, Obamacare had nothing to do with it.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#26 Apr 7, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
TonyT, I admit I was wrong on the cause of the Springfield closing. I read your link and you are right and I honestly appreciate the correction. I try to be as accurate as possible but screw up info sometimes. I've double checked where I got the info and haven't heard back. I'm not here to spread misinformation as it hurts both sides of any discussion.
-
My UMass numbers still stand and will be a serious issue in the coming yrs for huge and small hospitals to survive with the ACAs cuts. Could the $ be found in CEOs massive pay? Some yes, not billions. The consumers (sick) will end up paying in the end either through higher taxes, bigger insurance premiums or bigger co-pays all in the name of %.0143 of the population.
-
I don't want to see people die. I just think a bi-partisan effort w tort reform, ensuring pre-existing conditions are covered would have been much better than what we have now. It's too much all at once and our gov can't get the post office to run effeciantly never mind an over haul like this.
-
Not to mention immigration and jobs should have gotten the yrs of attention the ACA got. Those 2, I feel anyway, should have been job #1 and #1a.
-
Again thank you for the clarification on Springfield.
I appreciate your consideration on this, and thank you for your humility.

Your concerns will not be realized. By tort reform, are you referring to malpractice caps? I sincerely hope not, as this is not the primary driver of medical insurance. The doctors who in fact pay the highest malpractice insurance are in fact plastic surgeons - primarily elective surgery, and they make a huge bang for their buck. But for a doctor who has in fact been proven to be negligent, and causing irreparable damage to a patient, one cannot simply state all suits are capped at $250,000.00 - something the previous administration was proposing and an advocate of.

CEO's and doctors receive a very lucrative salary, so to imply doctors will simply leave as some have stated here is a complete fallacy. Many doctors here in the US have actually done very well in Canada. Doctors will never just say "this isn't worth it - I'll become a trucker instead". They may say this to interviewers so they can instill the fear of not having doctors anymore, but this will not happen. Where would they go? Most industrialized countries in fact have socialized medicine, so don't believe they'll just close up shop.

When capitalism and heath care are intertwined, yours nor my health is truly of any concern to a doctor - we are merely a client, nothing more. A doctors "Hippocratic Oath" means nothing anymore in America. If our health were truly their concern, would taking a cut in reimbursements for more clients be a bad trade off? Of course not - we are expected to do more for our employers for the same rate of pay - this should only apply to you and I?
April Foo

Greenfield, IN

#27 Apr 7, 2014
RustyS wrote:
Finally, obamacare is a success. So when, as Obama promised, does the average family start saving $2500?
and dat watta U think Dr. Bo speech was?;-00h, U confueling with Teleprompt. typer vs typing!!;-000h, do U with Obama can playing ping pong with Mr. Bill from NY?;-00
April Foo

Greenfield, IN

#28 Apr 7, 2014
bely wrote:
I enjoyed your article: http://adf.ly/6509114/kiemtien
;) hahahahahanoi IS Soviet Union? and U hidden in Paris Hilton Hotel? does U really a Holy Spirit? watta Holy Cowmos?;-00h, Hanoi, Vietnam vs Holy C Vietbucky!! ;-00h, Obamacare so bad U got back to the jungle fewer!! ;-000
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#29 Apr 7, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The move came in response to the hospital’s “worsening financial status,” it said.
Over the past six years, as the hospital went in and out of bankruptcy"
So the ACA was around 6 years ago?
News to me - and anybody else with a semblance of comprehension.
So now smaller rural places cost more to maintain?
Keep trying Spunky - this is what happens when large corporations buy smaller subsidiaries and don't get the bang for the buck - or in many instances, they buy other less promising businesses to utilize as capital gains write offs for the profitable organizations they maintain. A little business sense or education would behoove you.
In any event - this had been going on 6 years ago - so nope, Obamacare had nothing to do with it.
"But now, given our finances and the daunting challenges that small rural community hospitals are facing in this health care environment, we can no longer continue,” she said..."

See that "now" not six years ago. "in this health care environment". Gee.. what's that environment, now?

Obamacare is the environment now -- the nail in the coffin.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#30 Apr 7, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"But now, given our finances and the daunting challenges that small rural community hospitals are facing in this health care environment, we can no longer continue,” she said..."
See that "now" not six years ago. "in this health care environment". Gee.. what's that environment, now?
Obamacare is the environment now -- the nail in the coffin.
So using an excuse such as "Now" has no implications on how business was obviously conducted over the last 6 years?

Keep reaching - you boys were implying the same for Sloan Kettering - not accepting ACA plans / proven a lie, with a link supplied directly to Sloan's web site regarding that fallacy.

Or the other fallacy you and your ilk were touting - that Cleveland Hospital was letting go of doctors, due to ACA cuts - also proven false.

What else ya got son?

You've been shot down too many times to make this fun anymore.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#32 Apr 8, 2014
Only 15.6% of adults were without health insurance by the end of March, compared with 17.1% at the end of 2013, according to a Gallup study released Monday. The current number marks the lowest levels since 2008 and a triumph for President Obama’s health care law.

Why haven't the con/teahadist numbers deniers like fux, rusty limbot and dreck invested their own machinery wealth and assigned any of their staff to disprove them? Because they can't.....LMAO.
Really

Las Vegas, NV

#33 Apr 8, 2014
Hmm success huh? So when are my medical bills going down? The democratic IDIOTS are in full force now. We the people are now paying more than ever but doctors aren't making money, then who is?
The 50+ million illegal aliens still get their medical for FREE.So WTF?
So the plan was to get MORE poor people lower medical cost at the expense of those who work and can afford insurance. Wow what a fkd up system this is.
ohabamacareless works for who again? Stupid democrap supporters.
You are as worthless as this POS president we have. DUMMIES
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#34 Apr 8, 2014
Really wrote:
Hmm success huh?
Success is paying less monthly premiums than the previous $2700 per month with blue shield.

And we keep our doctor too.
Chelsea

Newport News, VA

#35 Apr 8, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Success is paying less monthly premiums than the previous $2700 per month with blue shield.
And we keep our doctor too.
LOL....BullShit. You lie like a true democrat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the best insurance south of california 4 hr malena 1
News Number of Americans who die prematurely each ye... 13 hr Bill Dunning 5
News The Latest: Insurer says cost-sharing will stab... Jun 26 mike pence veep 1
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... (Jul '15) Jun 23 Black Appalachia 15
News Repeal and replace debate filled with unknowns Jun 4 LOL 15
News Sheila Jackson Lee Blasts OMB Director For Diab... May 29 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Lawmakers revisiting requiring those on Medicai... May '17 Putins Glock Holster 149
More from around the web