Gov't advisers: Cover birth control for free

There are 15 comments on the Abc13.com story from Jul 19, 2011, titled Gov't advisers: Cover birth control for free. In it, Abc13.com reports that:

Millions of women stand to gain free access to a broad menu of birth control methods, thanks to a recommendation issued Tuesday by health experts advising the government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Abc13.com.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Jul 20, 2011
What services are they planning to offer to men without copays? Prostate exams? Diabetes testing? Free BC?

--At least one "well-man" preventive care visit annually?

--Annual HIV counseling and screening for sexually active men?

--Screening for and counseling about domestic violence?

--Annual counseling on sexually transmitted infections for sexually active men?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 20, 2011
Susanm wrote:
What services are they planning to offer to men without copays? Prostate exams? Diabetes testing? Free BC?
--At least one "well-man" preventive care visit annually?
--Annual HIV counseling and screening for sexually active men?
--Screening for and counseling about domestic violence?
--Annual counseling on sexually transmitted infections for sexually active men?
Are you objecting to this? Seriously? For what reason?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#3 Jul 20, 2011
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you objecting to this? Seriously? For what reason?
Who's objecting? I just want to know what is being done for the men.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 20, 2011
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's objecting? I just want to know what is being done for the men.
Oh, so you really had nothing pertinent to say, you just wanted to see your words in writing. Got it.

Nice dodge of yet another question, by the way.

Here, we'll try this....DO you object to it?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#5 Jul 20, 2011
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you really had nothing pertinent to say, you just wanted to see your words in writing. Got it.
Nice dodge of yet another question, by the way.
Here, we'll try this....DO you object to it?
Let's try this: why are these services only being provides for women?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 20, 2011
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this: why are these services only being provides for women?
When you've answerd my question, I'll answer yours.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 20, 2011
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
When you've answerd my question, I'll answer yours.
I asked first.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8 Jul 20, 2011
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked first.
You did not ask me first, Spin Queen, you posted to the thread. Not the same. My question TO YOU came before your question TO ME.

I repeat, when you've answerd my question, I'll answer yours.

I doubt you'll have the courage to do so.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#9 Jul 20, 2011
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not ask me first, Spin Queen, you posted to the thread. Not the same. My question TO YOU came before your question TO ME.
I repeat, when you've answerd my question, I'll answer yours.
I doubt you'll have the courage to do so.
I asked questions, then you responded to my questions by asking different questions. My questions came first.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10 Jul 20, 2011
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked questions, then you responded to my questions by asking different questions. My questions came first.
You didn't ask me first. That is the difference. I get tired of answering ALL your questions, only to have you then avoid many of mine. Your answer only has to be one word. Either you'd like an answer to your question, or not. I'll be more than happy to answer you, my answer is all set, and ready to go. All you have to do is say yes, or no to my question.

Thank you, for proving that my doubts were valid, BTW.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11 Jul 21, 2011
That's what I thought. You're not here to actually debate the issue. You're just here to throw out little snarky comments and questions that you think will 'score points' off others, that's all. You have no intellectual honesty, avoid the tough questions because you haven't got the guts to answer them, and lie and pretend that you have. You've been doing this for years, and we've all seen it.

You're a Troll.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12 Jul 21, 2011
Just remember who has no problem answer straightforward questions with a straightforward answer.

You have apparently misread the article. That's what HAPPENS when all you're doing is looking for something to pick at in your snarky Troll fashion.

Routine health screenings will already BE provided without copays under most health insurance. Contraception is under debate as 'preventative care' in order to be INCLUDED without copay, as the OTHER PREVENTATIVE CARE FOR BOTH SEXES ALREADY WILL BE.

There, I've answered your question. That's because my position is strong, my views based upon facts, and I'm not afraid to answer what others might consider tough questions, or questions asked in an effort to 'trap' someone. And of course, we all know that's why you don't answer a lot of questions, you're afraid of traps, of 'answering' yourself into a corner. That's because that's what YOU attempt to do to OTHERS (often lurking until you see a comment you think you can use, and the 'pouncing' on it), and because your position is based upon nothing but your personal feelings.
Ocean56

AOL

#13 Jul 21, 2011
Susanm wrote:
Let's try this: why are these services only being provided for women?
Um...because only WOMEN get pregnant, I would think. Since men don't get pregnant and condoms are much cheaper than BC methods for women, why would men need free birth control?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15 Jul 21, 2011
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...because only WOMEN get pregnant, I would think. Since men don't get pregnant and condoms are much cheaper than BC methods for women, why would men need free birth control?
What happened was that she was trolling for ammo, and misread the article. SHE thought they were suggesting a whole list of preventative care be provided to just women without copay. She's an idiot, plain and simple.
Aryan
#16 Sep 25, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palin calls Obama `most pro-abortion president' (Nov '10) 21 hr mjjcpa 547
News House adopts compromise GOP budget targeting 'O... Mon goonsquad 20
News Health care: Illegal immigrants would get Medi-... Mon wild child 2
Facility fee being billed as copayment? Mon sarah2345 1
News Avoiding Job Applicants who Smoke: Is Snuffing ... Sun Nope 2
work place health paid insurance - cannot affor... Apr 30 Jose A Rodriguez 3
News Senators Seek 'Living Wage' for Capitol Hill Co... Apr 30 Black Annie 9
More from around the web