WSJ: Restaurants are increasingly mov...

WSJ: Restaurants are increasingly moving to part-time hiring

There are 1 comment on the Hot Air story from Jul 15, 2013, titled WSJ: Restaurants are increasingly moving to part-time hiring. In it, Hot Air reports that:

As I mentioned last week, even that most excellent of all grocery stores, Wegmans - much like many other businesses - is adjusting to the new costs of doing business directly imposed on them by ObamaCare, and is now preparing to nix their longtime practice of voluntarily offering health insurance options to part-time employees who work even just ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hot Air.

sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#1 Jul 17, 2013
The service industry especially retail have been doing this for DECADES. But even a decade ago there were still enough other jobs to go to if you didn't like benefits or pay at a job. Must say though since corporate America started heavy outsourcing and subcontracting in the 1980s the quality of jobs has rapidly deteriorated.

This should not be shock because companies who have been cutting back and/or downsizing have frequently cited employee costs including health care. It's not just pensions, excessive pay, overtime etc..

So while the ability of Americans to actually pay for health insurance/care has decreased the ability of the health care/insurance industries to make more money has increased.

Like many other issue until it affects an individual directly the sheeple of America do not care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) Jul 23 A Nonsmoker 44
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) Jul 21 Not True Franken 243
Very upset with my situation.! Help, please Jul 17 just axe me 9
News Obama calls for 'public option' for Obamacare Jul 12 YourEx 36
News Study: Trump health care plan would make 18M un... Jul 9 Donald Trump 4
News The least healthy cities in America Jul 8 Just Sayin 4
Disputing Medical Bills (Urgent Question Jul 5 johnnyburns527 1
More from around the web