Undocumented immigrants and Medicaid

Jun 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

Over on Capitol Hill, lawmakers are struggling to come to some sort of consensus on immigration reform, and it appears that health care is a big sticking point.

Comments
1 - 20 of 108 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

All immigrants and undocumented workers should get free Medicare. Medical care should be provided to everyone.
El Cid

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mcallen Medical Center alone last year was out over $100,000,000 in uncompensated care for illegal aliens getting emergency care there. That cost is roughly half labor and delivery. The CEO, Joe Riley stated they come, still dripping wet from swimming the river and in many cases in actual labor, ready to deliver the baby in America.
Parkland Hospital in Dallas is the leader in the nation of illegal aliens birthing children. Even surpassing LA County General.
75% of all births there were to illegal aliens, many birthing their 2nd or 3rd child there.
2010 were the last numbers they released and for just over $80.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2010. Emergency Medicaid kicked in $39.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers through the Healthcare District kicked in $31.5 million and the feds tossed in another $9.7 million.
How many of the illegal aliens paid their bill? 0
Oh My

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Juan wrote:
All immigrants and undocumented workers should get free Medicare. Medical care should be provided to everyone.
STFU!
El Cid

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Juan wrote:
All immigrants and undocumented workers should get free Medicare. Medical care should be provided to everyone.
Illegal aliens already get "free" healthcare, to the tune of hundreds of billions nationwide every year. Free for the criminals but not free for the taxpayers who pay the bills.
Want universal healthcare then go back to Mexico where they have it, for their citizens.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

ILLEGALS not undocumented don't need no steenkin medicaid, they waltz into any hospital emergency room, get treatment and waltz out leaving the hospital to cover the bill by charging paying/insured patients $15.00 for a 3 cent aspirin.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Juan wrote:
All immigrants and undocumented workers should get free Medicare. Medical care should be provided to everyone.
.
yes juan, in their OWN effing country
Le trou de balle

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

El Cid wrote:
Mcallen Medical Center alone last year was out over $100,000,000 in uncompensated care for illegal aliens getting emergency care there. That cost is roughly half labor and delivery. The CEO, Joe Riley stated they come, still dripping wet from swimming the river and in many cases in actual labor, ready to deliver the baby in America.
Parkland Hospital in Dallas is the leader in the nation of illegal aliens birthing children. Even surpassing LA County General.
75% of all births there were to illegal aliens, many birthing their 2nd or 3rd child there.
2010 were the last numbers they released and for just over $80.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2010. Emergency Medicaid kicked in $39.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers through the Healthcare District kicked in $31.5 million and the feds tossed in another $9.7 million.
How many of the illegal aliens paid their bill? 0
I guess this expenditure bothers you because it is spend on services to illegal which is legal with current law and Constitution.
.
Right now the yearly cost of medical treatment (including out pocket fees and payments to insurance) is four trillion dollars!
Poverty cost money. The amount we spend on the poor in Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Baltimore, Newark, Memphis, Mississipi, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas City, St. Louis, etc. is huge!!!
.
Demographically, the elderly makes a significant fraction of the poor in the US. Their medical requirements is order magnitude larger than the young poor. The bad behavior and poor diet of the poor make them more costlier to attend to. The poor tend to be less educated and have a tendency to birth at a faster rate than the middle or upper class.
.
Geographically, the biggest drain on medical cost in the US is North, South, and South East (including Florida). Again places where there are more legal than illegal.
.
Thus, your complaint is based on a particular group that in the global aspect of things is miniscule. If you really care about medical cost, you should be after those retirees in the South, AZ, CA and other locations.
.
Read more and learn:
See => => http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2012/12/...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 14, 2013
 
deport never reward. illegals have cause hospitals to close by being deadbeats and never paying their bills.
Uppity Me

Union City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 14, 2013
 
Juan wrote:
All immigrants and undocumented workers should get free Medicare. Medical care should be provided to everyone.
Not off of the backs of working people. also the $$$$ is stolen and does not go where it is supposed to go. It simply funds organized crime and nothing more.
Uppity Me

Union City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 14, 2013
 
Le trou de balle wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess this expenditure bothers you because it is spend on services to illegal which is legal with current law and Constitution.
.
Right now the yearly cost of medical treatment (including out pocket fees and payments to insurance) is four trillion dollars!
Poverty cost money. The amount we spend on the poor in Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Baltimore, Newark, Memphis, Mississipi, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas City, St. Louis, etc. is huge!!!
.
Demographically, the elderly makes a significant fraction of the poor in the US. Their medical requirements is order magnitude larger than the young poor. The bad behavior and poor diet of the poor make them more costlier to attend to. The poor tend to be less educated and have a tendency to birth at a faster rate than the middle or upper class.
.
Geographically, the biggest drain on medical cost in the US is North, South, and South East (including Florida). Again places where there are more legal than illegal.
.
Thus, your complaint is based on a particular group that in the global aspect of things is miniscule. If you really care about medical cost, you should be after those retirees in the South, AZ, CA and other locations.
.
Read more and learn:
See => => http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2012/12/...
there is nothing in the US Constitution that says that you can live off of the backs of working people. This is simply a front for organized crime and nothing more.
ronnie

Kaysville, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 14, 2013
 
Detroit has literally gone broke. First low income blacks and now the newly illegals. They are insolvent.... And the Hospitals will have to be bailed out by us. Tax-payers are supporting every employer in this Country for health care and low income housing, EBT. The reform bill should not allow one illegal too receive any benefit's until they've payed into the pie for twenty year's. This Is a huge point of contention as it should be. Not one illegal on the States charge deserves the so-called path, except the one back to Mexihell....
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 15, 2013
 
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
yes juan, in their OWN effing country
Exactly
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Everyone, including citizens should receive free health care, it's the right thing to do.

We are all each others keepers and brothers.
jack

West Chester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 15, 2013
 
Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>STFU!
Juan said he'll pay for all the illegals medical issues, because its unfair for the American taxpayers.
Chuggaboom

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Juan wrote:
Everyone, including citizens should receive free health care, it's the right thing to do.
We are all each others keepers and brothers.
I am all for universal healthcare for citizens and legal residents but it is not free. It is paid for by taxpaying people, of which illegal aliens are not. If an illegal aliens is in need of life threateing medical care they can receive it and be given a bill to pay, police can arrest the criminal at the hospital and jail the criminal afterwards, then the criminal can be deported. If the criminal is caught here again and is found to have not paid the hospital bill yet then the charge of theft of service can ba added to their felony count of at least twice illegally entering the country.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 17, 2013
 
Juan wrote:
All immigrants and undocumented workers should get free Medicare. Medical care should be provided to everyone.
Wrong...emergency care, yes. Nothing else...elspecially transplants...never before a legal US citizen...EVER!!!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 17, 2013
 
s/b: especially
ronnie

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 17, 2013
 
El Cid wrote:
Mcallen Medical Center alone last year was out over $100,000,000 in uncompensated care for illegal aliens getting emergency care there. That cost is roughly half labor and delivery. The CEO, Joe Riley stated they come, still dripping wet from swimming the river and in many cases in actual labor, ready to deliver the baby in America.
Parkland Hospital in Dallas is the leader in the nation of illegal aliens birthing children. Even surpassing LA County General.
75% of all births there were to illegal aliens, many birthing their 2nd or 3rd child there.
2010 were the last numbers they released and for just over $80.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2010. Emergency Medicaid kicked in $39.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers through the Healthcare District kicked in $31.5 million and the feds tossed in another $9.7 million.
How many of the illegal aliens paid their bill? 0
In every State in this Country, provisions have bee put in place to facilitate illegals healthcare, ALL ON TAX PAYER'S DIME. In Utah Non Profit's are popping up all over, while the General population support's the large Corporate Hospitals. Every aspirin you pay ten bucks for in the hospital, 9.99 goes to pay for uninsured and illegals. The whole system is out of sync. And as usual, middle Americans pay all the bill's. This problem is impossible to sustain.
Dan Salazar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pathetic loser Americas must pay for the health care needs of the millions of Illegals. Allowing millions of illegals to infest America was an act of Cowardice. Pay Up Suckers!
el stupido

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Juan wrote:
All immigrants and undocumented workers should get free Medicare. Medical care should be provided to everyone.
Ok Juan. Tell us all WHY? Tells us all why the US taxpayers have got to pay for Mexico's poverty problem? I gotta pay for all the baby making that Mexicans are all none for. Five kids in a household making minimum wage and rely on free social services provided by me... Go F yourself .. Wey

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••