Medicaid Fight Reinvigorated With Political Light On Health Care

Aug 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., points to piles of the health care overhaul legislations during a markup hearing before the U.S. House Budget Committee last year in Washington, D.C. Rep.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of70
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Roberto D'Aubuisson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Major Roberto D'Aubuisson, Salvadoran politician. Roberto D'Aubuisson Arrieta (
23 August 1944 - 20 February 1992) was a major in the Salvadoran Army and ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_D 'Aubuisson - 49k - Cached - Similar Pages
Roberto d'Aubuisson, 48, Far-Rightist in Salvador - New York Times
Feb 21, 1992 ... Roberto d'Aubuisson, a rightist leader and former national guard officer who was
widely believed to be a principal proponent of assassinations ...

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/21/world/rober... -

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

It's funny to watch the Maggot Obama Squirm when trying to LIE about the $500 BILLION in Cuts to Medicare/Medicaid then trying to Double Count It!
But it's Sad to see how Obama Created 15 Member Death Panels that will decide if Seniors are "Worthy" of life-saving treatments.

What Filth!

“Truth to Power!”

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Obama Panel to Curb Medicare Finds Foes in Both Parties

By ROBERT PEAR
Published: April 19, 2011

WASHINGTON — Democrats and Republicans are joining to oppose one of the most important features of President Obama’s new deficit reduction plan, a powerful independent board that could make sweeping cuts in the growth of Medicare spending.

Mr. Obama wants to expand the power of the 15-member panel, which was created by the new health care law, to rein in Medicare costs.

But not only do Republicans and some Democrats oppose increasing the power of the board, they also want to eliminate it altogether. Opponents fear that the panel, known as the Independent Payment Advisory Board, would usurp Congressional spending power over one of the government’s most important and expensive social programs.

Under the law, spending cuts recommended by the presidentially appointed panel would take effect automatically unless Congress voted to block or change them. In general, federal courts could not review actions to carry out the board’s recommendations. The impact of the board’s decisions could be magnified because private insurers often use Medicare rates as a guide or a benchmark in paying doctors, hospitals and other providers.

Last week, in his speech on deficit reduction, Mr. Obama said he wanted to beef up the board’s cost-cutting powers in unspecified ways should the growth of Medicare spending exceed certain goals.

DEATH PANELS from the Faux Messiah!!!!

WHAT FILTH!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/20/us/politics...

Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

You old farts should just buy your own GD health insurance. We've got to pay for two wars and give tax cuts to the job creators! I love Paul Ryan, even though he isn't Mormon.... He's a regular guy like the rest of us Bishop Rmoney supporters who hope to be billionaires... one day.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
You old farts should just buy your own GD health insurance. We've got to pay for two wars and give tax cuts to the job creators! I love Paul Ryan, even though he isn't Mormon.... He's a regular guy like the rest of us Bishop Rmoney supporters who hope to be billionaires... one day.
More blather from the Dearborn bigot.
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

El Salvador Civil War | Moral Low Ground
Bain's Blood Money: Mitt Romney Started Company with Millions from Families ...
Money from families closely connected with Salvadoran death squads funded ...
Carlos Eugenio Vides Casanova, Former Salvadoran Defense Minister & SOA ...

http://morallowground.com/tag/el-salvador-civ... - 58k -
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

I LOVE Bishop R-money and Saul Wry-an!!!!

You lazyass Democrats will be history in November!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
ya just can't help it, can ya?
any attention at all...

pathetic schmuck.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
More blather from the Dearborn bigot.
It's not that I don't like old people and the poor. I just don't like freeloaders.

George W. Bush was right. We need to privatize Medicare and Medicaid. Wry-an is the right guy to get the job done. We can give old people vouchers and they can buy supplemental health insurance to cover the costs. The same goes for the poor.

If there is one truly great thing about Bishop Rmoney, it's that he knows how to hire a great henchman. His private sector experience as a vulture capitalist, at Bain Capital, is the proof in the pudding.

Now that he hired Wry-an, I FINALLY truly believe Bishop Rmoney will REPEAL RMONEYCARE once elected!!! Before I wasn't so sure...

Besides Florida always votes for Democrats. It's not like we had a chance there anyway.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
any attention at all...
pathetic schmuck.
Whine whine whine.... Just get a job already!!!!
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
any attention at all...
pathetic schmuck.
Why do you hate the free market????

“Truth to Power!”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:

Obama Proposes $320 Billion in Medicare and Medicaid Cuts Over 10 Years

By ROBERT PEAR
Published: September 19, 2011

WASHINGTON — President Obama’s budget director said Monday that the president’s new deficit-reduction plan would impose “a lot of pain,” and that is clearly true of White House proposals to cut $320 billion from projected spending on Medicare and Medicaid in the coming decade.

Mr. Obama proposed higher premiums and deductibles for many Medicare beneficiaries and lower Medicare payments to teaching hospitals and rural hospitals. He would start charging co-payments to frail homebound older people who receive home health services. And he would reduce the growth of federal payments to states for treating low-income people under Medicaid.

The White House said Mr. Obama’s proposals would cut $248 billion from the projected growth of Medicare in the next 10 years, while shaving $72 billion from Medicaid and other health programs. A large share of the Medicare savings would, in effect, be used to pay doctors, who would otherwise face deep cuts in the fees they receive for treating Medicare patients.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/us/politics...

“Truth to Power!”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Obama Raises Cost for the Poor

About 5 percent of the 48 million Medicare beneficiaries now pay the higher premiums. The proportion would eventually rise to 25 percent under the proposal.

Starting in 2017, Mr. Obama would require certain new beneficiaries to pay co-payments for home health care, which is now exempt from such charges. The co-payment would be $100 per episode, defined as a series of five or more home health visits not preceded by a stay in a hospital or a skilled nursing home.

Howard J. Bedlin, vice president of the National Council on Aging, a service and advocacy group, said such co-payments would “significantly increase out-of-pocket costs for many low-income widows with multiple chronic conditions.” Likewise, Mr. Bedlin said,“The Medigap proposal would shift costs onto Medicare beneficiaries.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/us/politics...
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that I don't like old people and the poor. I just don't like freeloaders.
George W. Bush was right. We need to privatize Medicare and Medicaid. Wry-an is the right guy to get the job done. We can give old people vouchers and they can buy supplemental health insurance to cover the costs. The same goes for the poor.
If there is one truly great thing about Bishop Rmoney, it's that he knows how to hire a great henchman. His private sector experience as a vulture capitalist, at Bain Capital, is the proof in the pudding.
Now that he hired Wry-an, I FINALLY truly believe Bishop Rmoney will REPEAL RMONEYCARE once elected!!! Before I wasn't so sure...
Besides Florida always votes for Democrats. It's not like we had a chance there anyway.
So more lies make your more credible?

Taking lessons from Obama or Harry Reid?
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
btw, why did you change your name from "Seeking Truth"?
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
So more lies make your more credible?
Taking lessons from Obama or Harry Reid?
BIGOT!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
I hope your Palin like attacks against Ryan are going to get better. I would hate to think this is the best you and Axlerod can come out with........maybe the bimbo brigade again like with Cain.......oh that's right they are still in Hawaii with Gloria Alread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
BIGOT!
maggot

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate the free market????
Ask Obama, he's the one that with his Czars has added 17,500 new regulations that kill business.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
BIGOT!
Being called names by a liar?

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of70
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••