Spinning Obamacare success

Spinning Obamacare success

There are 418 comments on the The Washington Post story from Apr 22, 2014, titled Spinning Obamacare success. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Fact Checker was on break last week, but did manage to pass a TV set that aired images of the president's announcement on April 17 that 8 million people had signed up for health insurance on the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#460 May 15, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
So braniac, you claim to have shown your pot head tenants what you wrote about them, and think they have no recourse in court?
WRONG! You supposedly (and we all know how full of shit you are) told them you wrote this specifically about them - therefore azzhole, you SUPPPOSEDLY not only incriminated yourself to them, but to others here - f'in moron you are!
As to your supposed quote you claim to have received, you would have received an e-mail detailing specifically which plans were in fact offered to you numbnuts - something you could in fact easily share should you ha actually done this / but alas, our stupidity as well as your lies know no boundaries.
Come on fantasy landlord who hasn't has a vacation in 20 years, but has a shitload of time to spend here - cough up the evidence!
So let's sum this up;
You claim to be a trucker, but are here every single day
You claim you lost your health insurance, and the ACA was too expensive
BUT, you have multiple properties you rent, yet still can't afford health care???????
BHAWWWWWW!!!!
you idiots make these boards a funny experience, I'll give you that!
What a typical leftist. You think because people worked for and have something in life, they must be rich. Yes I have rental property, but I also pour a lot of money into them as well. Then we have our leftist city politicians that think just like you do; these landlords are loaded with money, so we need to take our cut.

And no brainiac, you can't sue anybody for talking about a situation that nobody knows WTF you're even talking about. Do you know my tenants? What are their names? Where do they live? Stay on welfare because you have no chance at being a lawyer. You don't understand the simplest of laws. You don't even have the intelligence to realize it's impossible to prove I am who I am because anybody can post under this name or any other. So even if I revealed who my tenants are, they would stand no chance at hell in court because they can't prove I posted anything about them. Pickup a newspaper sometime.

As for my job, I am not here every day. I never post during the day except weekends and perhaps when I take a vacation day. Don't believe me, then look up any post I've made and tell me I'm here during working hours. At least I'm honest and not like you liberals that constantly claim you have your own business, are independently wealthy, or otherwise make money from home. I've yet to meet a liberal on this thing that actually works for a living like I do.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#462 May 15, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nearly as often as boner said jobs were his number one priority.
Really?

Over 40 House passed jobs bills sit idle under Dirty Harry Reids desk never having a chance to even make it to the floor for a vote as,"he alone",sets the floor schedule.

Over 200 bills sit stalled in the Senate,only 31 of them authored by Democrats.

Yet every tax increase bill gets fast tracked to the front of the Senate docket,routinely.

Hmmmmmm,makes you wonder who the real obstructionists are,eh?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#463 May 15, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of pivoting,by the summer of 2013 Oblamer had promised to pivot to jobs for the 19th time,of course he never did.
Wonder what the grand total is up to now?
9.2 million created over the last 50 months
foster

Ashburn, VA

#464 May 15, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Over 40 House passed jobs bills sit idle under Dirty Harry Reids desk never having a chance to even make it to the floor for a vote as,"he alone",sets the floor schedule.
Yet every tax increase bill gets fast tracked to the front of the Senate docket,routinely.
theyre not job bills thet are plutocrat lollipops cutting taxes, programs and regulations

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#465 May 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What a typical leftist. You think because people worked for and have something in life, they must be rich. Yes I have rental property, but I also pour a lot of money into them as well. Then we have our leftist city politicians that think just like you do; these landlords are loaded with money, so we need to take our cut.
And no brainiac, you can't sue anybody for talking about a situation that nobody knows WTF you're even talking about. Do you know my tenants? What are their names? Where do they live? Stay on welfare because you have no chance at being a lawyer. You don't understand the simplest of laws. You don't even have the intelligence to realize it's impossible to prove I am who I am because anybody can post under this name or any other. So even if I revealed who my tenants are, they would stand no chance at hell in court because they can't prove I posted anything about them. Pickup a newspaper sometime.
As for my job, I am not here every day. I never post during the day except weekends and perhaps when I take a vacation day. Don't believe me, then look up any post I've made and tell me I'm here during working hours. At least I'm honest and not like you liberals that constantly claim you have your own business, are independently wealthy, or otherwise make money from home. I've yet to meet a liberal on this thing that actually works for a living like I do.
Sorry fantasy landlord - if you SUPPOSEDLY showed the fantasy pot head tenants you have what you wrote, and specified it was about them, it is quite simple for an attorney to notify Topix moderators of your breech, and intent to sue. They would very quickly provide your computer code to track you. Now remember stupid, you STATED you told them you wrote AND showed them the shit you post about them!

See how I neither hide nor come on here unregistered like trolls such as you do? Now dummy, look up my area you idiot. I live in one of the more affluent areas of Nassau County moron - you live in Cleveland - a shithole, as I've been there before.

Next, you claim "TO POUR MONEY" into your fantasy rentals / but can't afford healthcare??

You really do think you're convincing anyone of anything except what a lying moron you are?

You are good for a laugh, that I'll give you.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#466 May 16, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
theyre not job bills thet are plutocrat lollipops cutting taxes, programs and regulations
Uuuuhhhhhh yyyeeaaaahhhhh.

Sky high taxes,crippling regulations and layer upon layer of government programs and liberal policies are designed to stunt economic growth and job creation.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#467 May 16, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry fantasy landlord - if you SUPPOSEDLY showed the fantasy pot head tenants you have what you wrote, and specified it was about them, it is quite simple for an attorney to notify Topix moderators of your breech, and intent to sue. They would very quickly provide your computer code to track you. Now remember stupid, you STATED you told them you wrote AND showed them the shit you post about them!
See how I neither hide nor come on here unregistered like trolls such as you do? Now dummy, look up my area you idiot. I live in one of the more affluent areas of Nassau County moron - you live in Cleveland - a shithole, as I've been there before.
Next, you claim "TO POUR MONEY" into your fantasy rentals / but can't afford healthcare??
You really do think you're convincing anyone of anything except what a lying moron you are?
You are good for a laugh, that I'll give you.
Yeah, I believe a lying leftist that posts where he lives. Sure. Well how about if I change my location to Hollywood? Real hard to do that.

You leftists want to believe that everybody is as stupid as you would like them to be.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#468 May 16, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Not one was a jobs bill. You lose.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#469 May 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I believe a lying leftist that posts where he lives. Sure. Well how about if I change my location to Hollywood? Real hard to do that.
You leftists want to believe that everybody is as stupid as you would like them to be.
Well we know you're as stupid as you've proven yourself to be.

7:30 AM and posting here? You said you never posted during the day.
Delbert

Newport News, VA

#470 May 16, 2014
That would be the perspective of someone content having a job. If you were fortunate enough to pursue a career that is meaningful and require skills and talent you could recognize yourself as an asset and critical resource to an employer.

A company is only as good as the employees protecting the firm's reputation.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't understand about business is that the employee pays for everything he or she gets. It's deducted from their wages before taxation.
You get a job at 25 bucks per hour with no benefits. But you and your coworkers want healthcare coverage, so now your employer provides that coverage, but you only make 22 dollars per hour.
Later you and your coworkers decide that 2 weeks of vacation isn't enough. You want 4 weeks. Again, the employer provides you that extra two weeks of vacation, but now you're making 20 dollars per hour.
Once again, you and your coworkers want a pension/ retirement plan. And once again, your employer agrees. But now you are making 18 dollars per hour.
On top of paying for your own benefits, your employer has to consider what it costs him or her to provide you with workman's compensation which goes up every year. Yearly increases in healthcare premiums, increases in unemployment insurance, and the list goes on and on.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#471 May 16, 2014
Delbert wrote:
<quoted text>That would be the perspective of someone content having a job. If you were fortunate enough to pursue a career that is meaningful and require skills and talent you could recognize yourself as an asset and critical resource to an employer.

explains why the Obama administration continually fails.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#472 May 16, 2014
Delbert wrote:
That would be the perspective of someone content having a job. If you were fortunate enough to pursue a career that is meaningful and require skills and talent you could recognize yourself as an asset and critical resource to an employer.
<quoted text>
This is true, but on the other hand, an employee is only worth as much as the next person that is willing to do that same job. It's Supply and Demand.

If in your line of work, your employer can find five other people to do your job just as good if not better, your worth to a company is lowered. You could do a great job, have a great attitude, never be late for work once, but it doesn't make you any better than the people willing to do your job if they can perform the same way.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#473 May 16, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we know you're as stupid as you've proven yourself to be.
7:30 AM and posting here? You said you never posted during the day.
Absolutely true, and I said I never post during the day unless I am on vacation. This is the first vacation day I've taken this year and I did so for a doctors appointment.

But you know what I noticed when I got on this morning? Your last post was approximately 2:00 am. I can't ever remember the last time I stayed up that late, and certainly never on a weeknight of all things. Yet there you were, posting into the wee hours of the morning. How do you do that and hold down a full-time job? Either that or you don't live where you say you live in the EST zone.

But I don't believe that, because you post here all day long as well.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#474 May 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely true, and I said I never post during the day unless I am on vacation. This is the first vacation day I've taken this year and I did so for a doctors appointment.

But you know what I noticed when I got on this morning? Your last post was approximately 2:00 am. I can't ever remember the last time I stayed up that late, and certainly never on a weeknight of all things. Yet there you were, posting into the wee hours of the morning. How do you do that and hold down a full-time job? Either that or you don't live where you say you live in the EST zone.

But I don't believe that, because you post here all day long as well.
They are on over time due to Obama's polls diving.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#475 May 16, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one was a jobs bill. You lose.
How could you know that,even Dirty Harry never read any of the bills before tucking them into the circular filing cabinet.

Reid rubber stamped every one of those bills as,"Dead on arrival,"before any ever saw the light of day.
Brad

Bolton, CT

#476 May 16, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
9.2 million created over the last 50 months
LOL

Another example of liberal math.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#477 May 16, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Another example of liberal math.
Exactly. He tried that progressive math before, and I had to set him straight with facts, but he doesn't like facts, so I'll just have to post it again:

Selective Job Growth Stat

Obama referred to “more than 8 million new jobs our businesses have created over the past four years.” That’s true as far as it goes, but it’s a highly selective statistic.
It’s true that nearly 8.2 million private sector jobs have been added since February 2010, which was the low point of the great job slump that began a year before Obama took office and continued through his first year. But total employment has risen less – by 7.6 million – held back by layoffs of state and local government workers. Obama was technically correct, as he was careful to speak of jobs “our businesses have created.”
His 8 million figure also leaves aside the nearly 4.2 million private sector jobs that were lost between the time he took office and the time the slump bottomed out. Overall, the net job gain since he took office stood at just over 3.2 million (or nearly 4 million if counting only private sector jobs), as of the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics figures for December.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/facts-of-the...

Highlights of the article: Overall, the net job gain since he took office stood at just over 3.2 million (or nearly 4 million if counting only private sector jobs), as of the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics figures for December.

Again: Overall, the net job gain since he took office stood at just over 3.2 million (or nearly 4 million if counting only private sector jobs), as of the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics figures for December.

Maybe it will sink in this time.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#478 Jun 17, 2014
Up to 2 million enrollees have inconsistencies in their applications.

http://news.yahoo.com/2-million-obamacare-enr...

Biggest concern-too many received a too high subsidy.

So setting aside those who haven't paid yet you have 2 million enrollees out of the first batch of enrollments with problems. By the time this is done I'd say about 30% of ACA sign ups will be nullified or won't re apply.

The problem is COST, not who will pay for it. By making it a who will pay for it issue stuff like this will happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) 6 hr cruzin_mama 34
News McClintock Joins Statement Against Extending Ob... 8 hr tomin cali 1
News How Therapy Became A Hobby Of The Wealthy, Out ... 17 hr HumanSpirit 1
News Brown signs bill to help illegal immigrants buy... Jun 11 tomin cali 1
News Clinton Dumbfounded byRising Cost of Obamacare Jun 10 just axe me 2
Very upset with my situation.! Help, please Jun 9 just axe me 8
News California Dems Inch Closer to Extending Obamac... Jun 8 tomin cali 1
More from around the web