Experiments: Olive Garden, Red Lobste...

Experiments: Olive Garden, Red Lobster to Cut Hours Instead of Giving Health Insurance

There are 1 comment on the Eater story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Experiments: Olive Garden, Red Lobster to Cut Hours Instead of Giving Health Insurance. In it, Eater reports that:

Darden Restaurants, Inc., which owns omnipresent suburban chains Red Lobster and Olive Garden , is gearing up to deal with new federal health care requirements.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eater.

rehabthebill

Pottstown, PA

#1 Oct 10, 2012
So basically Darden and others are saying they will staff their stores with government backed benefit programs. Maybe they should just go out of business because they won't pay the employees enough to offset the tax increases that have to cover non "participatiing" companies. Not only is it socialized medicine it's basically charity for many of these companies.

Not the first time I've heard of this either. I've heard in many cases you can be dropped to 27 hours a week and still be considered full time and elidgable for medical insurance programs provided by the company.

The problem is the COST of medical care INSURANCE and so called medical care. It is not government regulation or lack of. It is greedy insurance and health care companies gouging the employee, employer and patients to the max.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Cross Blue Shield in Texas ... comments, r... (Sep '14) Nov 30 rlpanda 17
News Social Security: Open enrollment begins for aff... Nov 18 Done to me too 10
News Is Obamacare working for anyone in Alabama in 2... Nov 17 ThomasA 2
News Jake Tapper grills Paul Ryan over whether his O... Nov 15 Gotti 1
HMO or HDHP Nov 11 Ultragc 1
News $0 deductible health insurance plans coming to ... Nov 11 kevinkoh 2
Need Insurance? Nov 5 HealthWiz 1
More from around the web