Obamacare woes frustrating Democrats'...

Obamacare woes frustrating Democrats' 2014 prospects

There are 61 comments on the Reuters story from Nov 2, 2013, titled Obamacare woes frustrating Democrats' 2014 prospects. In it, Reuters reports that:

The chaotic launch of President Barack Obama's healthcare law has Democrats in Congress increasingly anxious about its potential impact on them in the 2014 elections and scrambling to protect themselves if the program's problems persist.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#50 Nov 3, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Millions face sticker stock following insurance cancellations...
Made up Au Dumbo numbers mean nothing.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#53 Nov 3, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to this reporter.
Not that I care what you think Dumbo - wait, that you DON'T do / but here you go stupid;

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fo...

"I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.

First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce?“Well,” he said,“I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did."

"Next I called Allison Denijs. She’d told Hannity that she pays over $13,000 a year in premiums. Like the other guests, she said she had recently gotten a letter from Blue Cross saying that her policy was being terminated and a new, ACA-compliant policy would take its place. She says this shows that Obama lied when he promised Americans that we could keep our existing policies.

Allison’s husband left his job a few years ago, one with benefits at a big company, to start his own business. Since then they’ve been buying insurance on the open market, and are now paying around $1,100 a month for a policy with a $2,500 deductible per family member, with hefty annual premium hikes. One of their two children is not covered under the policy. She has a preexisting condition that would require purchasing additional coverage for $600 a month, which would bring the family’s grand total to around $20,000 a year.

I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.

I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market.

Allison also told me that the letter she received from Blue Cross said that in addition to the policy change for ACA compliance, in the new policy her physician network size might be reduced. That’s something insurance companies do to save money, with or without Obamacare on the horizon, just as they raise premiums with or without Obamacare coming."

You make this too easy Dumbo!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#54 Nov 3, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
You living in Florida and not being a northern transplant to the State would know more about being poor than anyone else, kind of like you being the authority on the issue, residing in a leech State. prone to Federal Handouts.
Yet, you swing republican so that is a direct contradiction to your theory and validates that Republicans like you who rail against social and aid programs live in places that depend on aid and social programs funded by the Liberals in America because of your low wages and inability to care for yourselves.
If not for those generous Aid programs and those Earned Income Credits at Tax time used to lift yall out of poverty and starvation most of Florida would resemble Haiti.
<quoted text>
So true!!

Now Rick Scott decided to do the Medicaid expansion - f'in hypocrite he is!

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#55 Nov 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Just get ready to say (once again), "Speaker Pelosi"... oh, and in 2017 Madam President Hillary.
Are you truly that delusional?

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#56 Nov 3, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I care what you think Dumbo - wait, that you DON'T do / but here you go stupid;
Is this how you you have a civil discussion with someone. Just damn.
my guess

Prestonsburg, KY

#57 Nov 4, 2013
I would be all for affordable health care, but its not affordable, this year i go from making co pays for seeing a doctor to paying 6 thousand before my insurance will pay anything, reality is i will never use the insurance but will pay for it as well as every visit to a doctor and every medication i get, so im really paying everything, oh the insurance companys are not gonna get hurt on this crap at all, this will also be a hard thing if i need to see a doctor and dont have 100 bucks to pay them
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#60 Nov 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Conjoured-up conspiracy theories. Those 14 swing states come in yet? Take your meds.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#62 Nov 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Flagged for removal for violating terms of service.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#63 Nov 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals start most post with an attack and degrading the poster they are answering. It is the key to what Saul taught them. He said when you don't have any ammunition your only action is to try and bluster your way through with bullchit.
Poor, bitter baby.

kleenex.com
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#64 Nov 4, 2013
Because of ACA high risk pools are not illegal, or will be after Jan 1, 2014....... no more discrimination.

In that story from Hanity, what was a hoot was the guy who had 3 employees and considered making them part time although the law has no impact on his small business, the law only affects 10% of American Employers those with more than 50 employees.

By the Census Report there are less than 600,00 American business with more than 50 Employees in a population of 5.9 Million employers.

That was hilarious.......
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It might have had some believability if you had actually proven anything by this hatchet job from a bias reporter. One the first person interview was non conclusive because he did not call back so the writer added his own assumptions to give credence to his story. The second, I didn't see a third, did not include her preexisting conditions which would have put her in a high risk pool. So his reduced amount was a prevarication or distortion.
You are too easy bot boy.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#65 Nov 4, 2013
High Risk Pools are NOW Illegal as of Jan 1, 2014, no more discrimination.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#68 Nov 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Poor commie, trying to make like you work for Topix. You are violating by stalking and attacking. Too bad you can't take your own hypocritical advice.
Ugh...lafraud plays heap big commie card. lafraud tweaked.

Your rap sheet of removed posts from le au portal speaks for itself. hahahahahahaha

Location hidden

#69 Nov 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals start most post with an attack and degrading the poster they are answering.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Don't dish it out if you can't take it, Au Dumbo.

How many of your more than 100,000 posts are nothing but an attack?

Location hidden

#71 Nov 4, 2013
my guess wrote:
I would be all for affordable health care, but its not affordable, this year i go from making co pays for seeing a doctor to paying 6 thousand before my insurance will pay anything
yeah... no one believes you.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#73 Nov 4, 2013
Any candidate participating in the coup, should be shamed and fired.

Location hidden

#74 Nov 4, 2013
RustyS wrote:
It is becoming clear that the average working family won't see a $2500 drop in health insurance costs as promised.
Prove it.

Location hidden

#77 Nov 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of lies, Obama has at least 407....
You have over 100,000.

Wipe your chin, Scrote!

PS: Flagged for the off-topic cross thread Au DumboSpam.

Location hidden

#78 Nov 4, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text> Fools that have been on MEDICAIDe
Attention span.

You made an assertion, you back it up, Whine&Cry222

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#80 Nov 4, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Flagged for removal for violating terms of service.
Well it is still there slick. What does that say about you? That you just might be a dumbass?

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#81 Nov 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find some invisible beer, some invisible chips, and some invisible cheese dip. Then we can all return and debate your invisible and lacking intellect.

What a dumbass. Flagging post you do not like. Nothing but a baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Cross Blue Shield in Texas ... comments, r... (Sep '14) Feb 23 JayCraswell 19
Health insurance Feb 22 wendykroyxo 1
News New center shows surge in demand for children's... Feb 22 Humanspirit 1
grace period Feb 21 KRYS 1
Another reason you got unexpected out of networ... Feb 16 JayCraswell 1
Disputing Medical Bills (Urgent Question (Jul '16) Feb 16 JayCraswell 2
News UPDATE 1-U.S. Senate confirms Rep. Price as hea... Feb 12 Captain Yesterday 15
More from around the web