Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

Sep 26, 2013 Read more: The Daily Democrat 3,802

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Read more

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#569 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen generations of the same family do as the generation before them did, nothing but make kids and expect them to be supported by others.
I don't believe you.

Based on what you have said so far.

I don't think you can name ONE person you say you know who has been living for generations on welfare- as you say.

I believe you will insist that you know of people that are going to the store in Cadillacs and shopping with food stamps and other such nonsense.

Or standing in line behind them and they were wearing fur coats.

ETC.

SNAP puts food on the table of single women and their kids, for the most part. Sure: there are exceptions and people who abuse the system.

Many of them post here.

Oh well.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#570 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
I and many others have tried to help some of these families, and guess what, they don't want help, they want cash. They take back the clothes and toys we have gotten the kids, and take the money to spend on themselves.
You are a liar.

Give me the name of someone who took back something you bought for her kids for cash.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#571 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
There are many stories about just this that I can tell, sweetpea.
There are many stories because LIARS like you repeat them.

I would be happy to tell you so to your lying face.

The food that goes into boxes goes into the trunks of cars and sometimes literally shopping carts and then into the mouths of the people who don't have food at the end of the month and would otherwise do without.

The COATS we collected for school kids for the school SHOWED UP the next day on the backs of children who the day before had no coats or ratty coats that did not fit.

You are a LIAR, honey.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#572 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
Based on what you have said so far.
I don't think you can name ONE person you say you know who has been living for generations on welfare- as you say.
I believe you will insist that you know of people that are going to the store in Cadillacs and shopping with food stamps and other such nonsense.
Or standing in line behind them and they were wearing fur coats.
ETC.
SNAP puts food on the table of single women and their kids, for the most part. Sure: there are exceptions and people who abuse the system.
Many of them post here.
Oh well.
LOL..Really????? I beg to differ. I know plenty of people where the members all chose to be on the dole or live a life of crime, rather than to work for a living. I worked for 28 years in the local school system, and saw how they rolled. You really are ignorant of the fraud that occurs, aren't you? Go on living in lala land...one day the house of cards will come crashing down.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#573 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..Really????? I beg to differ. I know plenty of people where the members all chose to be on the dole
You are a liar.

I'm not interested in your apocryphal tales.

Tell us the name of someone whose family has been on welfare for three generations.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#574 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
I worked for 28 years in the local school system, and saw how they rolled.
I don't believe you.

Coats we collected at our schools went to either cleaners- some needed it- or the new coats went from the table to the backs of the children who were quite happy and wore the coats all winter.

There is some fraud in every government program; it could be argued than ALL tax write offs are fraud, certainly, I have seen it happen.

So what?

If one hundred children are fed and there is somewhere some person who selling her food stamps to someone like you two for one so she can buy cat food or cigarettes: I am not going to insist the 100 children should starve.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#575 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
Coats we collected at our schools went to either cleaners- some needed it- or the new coats went from the table to the backs of the children who were quite happy and wore the coats all winter.
There is some fraud in every government program; it could be argued than ALL tax write offs are fraud, certainly, I have seen it happen.
So what?
If one hundred children are fed and there is somewhere some person who selling her food stamps to someone like you two for one so she can buy cat food or cigarettes: I am not going to insist the 100 children should starve.
We adopt families at Christmas and had to cut the tags out of the clothes to keep them from taking them back to the store. Truth. I could give a fiddler's tinker whether you believe it or not. It's not the kids who don't appreciate, it is the parents who only think of themselves, there is a big difference.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#576 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
I'm not interested in your apocryphal tales.
Tell us the name of someone whose family has been on welfare for three generations.
As If doing that would mmean a thing to you, however it would to the folks in my town.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#577 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
We adopt families at Christmas and had to cut the tags out of the clothes
You didn't have to cut out the tags, Sweet Pea.

I think you adopt families because it makes you feel good about yourself.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#578 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>As If doing that would mmean a thing to you, however it would to the folks in my town.
right.

the same people who drove to the market in the Caddy and shopped in furs.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#579 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
right.
the same people who drove to the market in the Caddy and shopped in furs.
Whoever made that claim? You really are goofy.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#580 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have to cut out the tags, Sweet Pea.
I think you adopt families because it makes you feel good about yourself.
Oh, yes we did. We do it for the kids. Try it, you might like doing something for somebody other than yourself.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#581 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Try it,
I'm not the one rolling around on the floor crying third generation single mothers are making a fortune reselling donated clothes.

"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly."

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#582 Nov 1, 2013
Do you think Obama was lying when he said, "If you like your current health plan you can keep it" or did he not know?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#583 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Memo, don't bother me with your garbage anymore. I respect work you claim to have done, but I have come to the conclusion that you and I just don't see things from the same persepctive.
We see things from a different perspective? You are too cute by half Teddy. You were called out for questionable claims and for saying vile things about hard working Americans and that is the best you can do.

If you ever find religion and decide to start speaking the truth come back and we can talk.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#584 Nov 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one rolling around on the floor crying third generation single mothers are making a fortune reselling donated clothes.
"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly."
Who said anything about selling them, I said they take them back to the store for a cash refund. Reading comp is not your forte.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#585 Nov 1, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
We see things from a different perspective? You are too cute by half Teddy. You were called out for questionable claims and for saying vile things about hard working Americans and that is the best you can do.
If you ever find religion and decide to start speaking the truth come back and we can talk.
Nobody can talk to you, you like to twist things. Ta ta.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#586 Nov 1, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody can talk to you, you like to twist things. Ta ta.
Teddy you have been exposed as a fraud once again. If you don't like being called out for it then clam up.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#587 Nov 2, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy you have been exposed as a fraud once again. If you don't like being called out for it then clam up.
I have not lied, what is the truth is that some folks can't face it. Clam up??? Ha, I don't think so.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#588 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Do you think Obama was lying when he said, "If you like your current health plan you can keep it" or did he not know?
Was your wife lying when said you liked to watch?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Insurance Marketing in 2015: Tell Us What You T... Apr 16 dnelson 1
Health Insurance Apr 13 Travis Simons 1
News Survey: Nearly 9 in 10 US adults now have healt... Apr 13 radiofreeamerica 3
News Brien Center Employees Protest Contract Wage... Apr 11 Jon Dinerstein 16
News Aetna aims for LGBT community with targeted mar... Apr 7 Abrahammock Regions 1
News When It Comes To Insurance, Mental Health Parit... Apr 7 JEngdahlJ 6
News Ready for another big Obamacare fight? Here com... Apr 7 Steve 1
More from around the web