Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

Sep 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Democrat

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Comments
521 - 540 of 3,808 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2014
Dan Salazar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#549
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
"The rates, however, will be lower for poor and middle-income people who qualify for the federal subsidies."
This should read;
"The rates, however, will be lower for poor and middle-income people who qualify for the tax payer provided subsidies."
Californains aren't smart enough to even pay attention. Most don't even know they sold their children into $500 BILLION in Unfunded Pension Slavery every time they voted for anything with a D beside it's name on a ballot in CA.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#550
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>This should have read: IT WILL BE THOSE WHO have WORKED their entire lives, providing for their their families and the families of those who have NO personal repsonsiblity or a work ethic.
Teddy, you know who is buying policies from the exchanges. Hard working middle class people who now only have a choice between paying thousands of dollars a month if they are even allowed to buy insurance or go without insurance. You are well aware of this. Why would you intentionally post false information?

You can pat yourself on the back for all you want for your job in the school and enjoy the free insurance they provide to you, but to suggest other people have no responsibility is disgusting. Really disgusting.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#551
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy, you know who is buying policies from the exchanges. Hard working middle class people who now only have a choice between paying thousands of dollars a month if they are even allowed to buy insurance or go without insurance. You are well aware of this. Why would you intentionally post false information?
You can pat yourself on the back for all you want for your job in the school and enjoy the free insurance they provide to you, but to suggest other people have no responsibility is disgusting. Really disgusting.
I pay for my insurance with real dollars and cents, not Monopoly money.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#552
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I pay for my insurance with real dollars and cents, not Monopoly money.
Yet for some reason you have nothing but contempt for anybody else who does the same.
Randy G

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#553
Oct 31, 2013
 
Tragically for California families, the Devils Partnership (Unions and Democrat politicians} who run the State won't have to settle for Obama Care.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#554
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet for some reason you have nothing but contempt for anybody else who does the same.
I worked for what I have attained. I started to work at the age of 16, while in HS, & summers when in college and then for years after my kids were old enough for me to go back to work. I kept my hands in my own pockets, thank you. I have even worked a stint stuffing things in packaging on a conveyor belt the summer before I went off to school. What I have contempt for is people who make every excuse under the sun why they won't take a job, any job to tide them over. Working builds character; too many people nowadays lack that, because they think they are owed a living. I firmly believe we should help those who are TRULY unable to help themselves through no fault of their own. There are too many able-bodied loafers who never attempted to be responsible for themselves and their families. That IS what I find contemptable. You know, those people who have finagled ten free phones and are proud of the fact they committed fraud to get them. The same people who spend the money from their EBT cards on booze, drugs and casinos rather than buying food for their kids.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#555
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I worked for what I have attained. I started to work at the age of 16, while in HS, & summers when in college and then for years after my kids were old enough for me to go back to work. I kept my hands in my own pockets, thank you. I have even worked a stint stuffing things in packaging on a conveyor belt the summer before I went off to school. What I have contempt for is people who make every excuse under the sun why they won't take a job, any job to tide them over. Working builds character; too many people nowadays lack that, because they think they are owed a living. I firmly believe we should help those who are TRULY unable to help themselves through no fault of their own. There are too many able-bodied loafers who never attempted to be responsible for themselves and their families. That IS what I find contemptable. You know, those people who have finagled ten free phones and are proud of the fact they committed fraud to get them. The same people who spend the money from their EBT cards on booze, drugs and casinos rather than buying food for their kids.
Now you have spun off on a strange tangent that has nothing to do with why you have contempt for working people.

It is fantastic that you are so successful. You pay thousands of dollars a month for your individual insurance policy and don't even blink. That's great. Unfortunately for other people laying out thousands of dollars each month is an issue.

Why don't you just try thanking God everyday that you are one of the 1% and lay off on the venom for the rest of us.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#556
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have spun off on a strange tangent that has nothing to do with why you have contempt for working people.
It is fantastic that you are so successful. You pay thousands of dollars a month for your individual insurance policy and don't even blink. That's great. Unfortunately for other people laying out thousands of dollars each month is an issue.
Why don't you just try thanking God everyday that you are one of the 1% and lay off on the venom for the rest of us.
Listen, Turner, Get a grip already. I AM PROUD OF AND FOR EVERY AMERICAN THAT GETS UP DAILY AND DOES AN HONEST DAY'S WORK! Stop twisting my words for pity sake! I have cometmpt for those who refuse to help themselves, period. There is a difference in those who are trying to find work and those who simply sit on their couch expecting those who work to provide for them. Those who try, deserve a hand-up.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#557
Oct 31, 2013
 
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, Turner, Get a grip already. I AM PROUD OF AND FOR EVERY AMERICAN THAT GETS UP DAILY AND DOES AN HONEST DAY'S WORK! Stop twisting my words for pity sake! I have cometmpt for those who refuse to help themselves, period. There is a difference in those who are trying to find work and those who simply sit on their couch expecting those who work to provide for them. Those who try, deserve a hand-up.
clueless is extremely conniving in changing and twisting poster's comments. Most of the time clueless acts completely stupid and can't seem to grasp what he is reading.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#558
Oct 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, Turner, Get a grip already. I AM PROUD OF AND FOR EVERY AMERICAN THAT GETS UP DAILY AND DOES AN HONEST DAY'S WORK! Stop twisting my words for pity sake! I have cometmpt for those who refuse to help themselves, period. There is a difference in those who are trying to find work and those who simply sit on their couch expecting those who work to provide for them. Those who try, deserve a hand-up.
The feigned outrage thing is played out. Apparently you are fabulously wealthy and I could not be happier for you. If you can peel off three thousand a month to pay for your insurance without breaking a sweat then good for you, but to denigrate anybody who can not pay it as easily as you is unbecoming. Yes believe it or not Teddy it is possible for people to work hard, but still not be as rich as you. Count your blessing, but save the bile.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#559
Oct 31, 2013
 
Same ole Same ole wrote:
<quoted text>You should quit hanging out at playgrounds there BIP.
You should stop molesting them, DongLiquueer.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#560
Oct 31, 2013
 
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I worked for what I have attained. I started to work at the age of 16
16?

And you think that's something you can brag on?

Really?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#561
Nov 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The feigned outrage thing is played out. Apparently you are fabulously wealthy and I could not be happier for you. If you can peel off three thousand a month to pay for your insurance without breaking a sweat then good for you, but to denigrate anybody who can not pay it as easily as you is unbecoming. Yes believe it or not Teddy it is possible for people to work hard, but still not be as rich as you. Count your blessing, but save the bile.
Rich???? Are you daft????? We are comfortable, we don't run out and buy new cars every two years. We live WITHIN our means, we don't care about what our neighbors have. We are content with what we have and have been able to do for our kids, and yes, I DO thank God daily for the blessings we have received. Even I have gone through very rough times; losing my child took a toll on me. Don't lecture me on things about which you know nothing.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#562
Nov 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
16?
And you think that's something you can brag on?
Really?
Listen leftfoot, I am not bragging. Stating a fact can hardly be construed as bragging.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#563
Nov 1, 2013
 
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Listen leftfoot, I am not bragging. Stating a fact can hardly be construed as bragging.
If you waiting until you were 16 before you had your first paying job, you have nothing to brag about.

Pay attention.

Many of us had paper routes, and mowed lawns, pulled weeds, and mowed lawns long before 16.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#564
Nov 1, 2013
 
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Rich???? Are you daft????? We are comfortable, we don't run out and buy new cars every two years. We live WITHIN our means, we don't care about what our neighbors have. We are content with what we have and have been able to do for our kids, and yes, I DO thank God daily for the blessings we have received. Even I have gone through very rough times; losing my child took a toll on me. Don't lecture me on things about which you know nothing.
While your modesty is endearing apparently you are pretty wealthy. You spend thousands of dollars a months of "your own money" for your medical insurance, but refuse out of principle to even consider getting a new policy through the ACA. If you could save thousands a month, but chose not too than you are doing pretty well.

Unfortunately many of us are not in a position to blow that much money to prove a point, but for you to suggest that anybody who is not as well off as you has "no personal responsibility or a work ethic" is pure teabagger nonsense.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#565
Nov 1, 2013
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you waiting until you were 16 before you had your first paying job, you have nothing to brag about.
Pay attention.
Many of us had paper routes, and mowed lawns, pulled weeds, and mowed lawns long before 16.
It was my first job working in a business other than doing the usual babysitting.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#566
Nov 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
While your modesty is endearing apparently you are pretty wealthy. You spend thousands of dollars a months of "your own money" for your medical insurance, but refuse out of principle to even consider getting a new policy through the ACA. If you could save thousands a month, but chose not too than you are doing pretty well.
Unfortunately many of us are not in a position to blow that much money to prove a point, but for you to suggest that anybody who is not as well off as you has "no personal responsibility or a work ethic" is pure teabagger nonsense.
Memo, don't bother me with your garbage anymore. I respect work you claim to have done, but I have come to the conclusion that you and I just don't see things from the same persepctive.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#567
Nov 1, 2013
 
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>It was my first job working in a business other than doing the usual babysitting.
I was going by what you said, dear.

And now you want to pick apart what I said about what you said?

It's easy to take shots at people who are on SNAP but I say: walk in their shoes. Most are children and single mothers. Get a job? How's that going to work?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#568
Nov 1, 2013
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going by what you said, dear.
And now you want to pick apart what I said about what you said?
It's easy to take shots at people who are on SNAP but I say: walk in their shoes. Most are children and single mothers. Get a job? How's that going to work?
I have seen generations of the same family do as the generation before them did, nothing but make kids and expect them to be supported by others. I have no problem helping others, but do have a problem with those who refuse to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Thinking they are owed something has sent this country's spending ut of control. It is a vicious circle, one in which the kids suffer when they see very little of the beneifts that are meant for them. I have also seen how some of these single mothers abuse the system. I and many others have tried to help some of these families, and guess what, they don't want help, they want cash. They take back the clothes and toys we have gotten the kids, and take the money to spend on themselves. Don't talk about something of which you know nothing. There are many stories about just this that I can tell, sweetpea.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••