Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th...

Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

There are 3805 comments on the The Daily Democrat story from Sep 26, 2013, titled Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange. In it, The Daily Democrat reports that:

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Democrat.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3771 Jun 15, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
An open city. Civilian target. The Brits hit the city in the direct center with enough incentaries to start a firestorm. There were no military targets in the city center, a firestorm is exactly what the Allies wanted. That is why, genius, they used incendiaries..
A vital rail center too, Dresden's Hauptbahnhof was destroyed in the bombing too. Germany's army used Dresden's railroads for maneuver, bombing Dresden stopped German maneuver in and around Dresden while our boys were fighting their way toward Berlin. Were you rooting for the Germans to win WWII?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3772 Jun 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I've been to Dresden, it didn't cease to exist after the bombing,.
It ceased to exist as a city.

(quoted)

A Dresden police report written shortly after the attacks reported that the old town and the inner eastern suburbs had been engulfed in a single fire that had destroyed almost 12,000 dwellings.[76] The same report said that the raids had destroyed 24 banks, 26 insurance buildings, 31 stores and retail houses, 640 shops, 64 warehouses, 2 market halls, 31 large hotels, 26 public houses, 63 administrative buildings, 3 theatres, 18 cinemas, 11 churches, 6 chapels; 5 other cultural buildings, 19 hospitals including auxiliary, overflow hospitals, and private clinics, 39 schools, 5 consulates, the zoo, the waterworks, the railways, 19 postal facilities, 4 tram facilities, and 19 ships and barges. The Wehrmacht's main command post in the Taschenbergpalais, 19 military hospitals and a number of less significant military facilities were also destroyed.[76] Almost 200 factories were damaged, 136 seriously damaged (including several of the Zeiss Ikon precision optical engineering works), 28 with medium to serious damage, and 35 with light damage.[77]

(quote)
A vast amount of the city was destroyed and when the Red Army took it over, the city had all but ceased to exist. Much of the city centre remained rubble into the 1950's, when the Russians who remained in the city during the Cold War, put their effort into rebuilding destroyed cities in Russia itself, rather than rebuild eastern Germany.

(quote)
By dawn on February 14, the Dresden landscape
had ceased to exist. Countless bodies lay in streets
and even more in collapsed shelters and homes. But
Dresden’s ordeal was not over. At noon, the arrival of
the American Eighth Air Force threw the smoldering city into
pandemonium.

(quote)

I have to leave Dresden. This is the last train back to Berlin and the hotels are full and expensive anyway. Now I’m staring at my PowerBook waiting for the locomotives to change, and being stared at by everyone else.

It’s a bizarre thought: at this hour fifty years ago Dresden was being bombed out of existence. The station, and to my right, Prager Straße — among the presumptive targets, easily visible from the air in a city caught by surprise. Glass shatters; steel and iron buckle above me; the first gas fires break out. Later, the fires themselves become the target as wave after wave of bombers drone in the night sky.

But it’s a quiet night, and the sky is cloudless and empty. There are no bombers, and my imagination is failing to convincingly provide them. Volkswagen Golfs blaze. The McDonald’s takes a direct hit.

No. I’ve never seen war, and I can’t picture one happening here. Look at Dresden today, and you’d never imagine it fell victim to anything more than bad taste. For the anniversary the city has placed large placards at street junctions showing how the city used to appear, in the 1930’s — and after February 1945.

That Dresden is a different city, one that ceased to exist five decades ago. Only one building is still in ruins in Dresden, the Frauenkirche, the Church of Our Lady. Once Germany’s most important Protestant church, it lay untouched as a reminder of the destruction of war, a pile of rocks slowly being reclaimed by moss and weeds. Leaving it that way also saved the East German government an expensive restoration.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#3773 Jun 15, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
ARound 250,000 died alongside. "It seems to me that the moment has come when the question of bombing of German cities simply for the sake of increasing the terror, though under other pretexts, should be reviewed. Otherwise we shall come into control of an utterly ruined land… The destruction of Dresden remains a serious query against the conduct of Allied bombing. I am of the opinion that military objectives must henceforward be more strictly studied in our own interests than that of the enemy. The Foreign Secretary has spoken to me on this subject, and I feel the need for more precise concentration upon military objectives such as oil and communications behind the immediate battle-zone, rather than on mere acts of terror and wanton destruction, however impressive" Churchill.
Good thing the German Luftwaffe didn't kill around 250,000 Londoners, you agree? Or how about the German Luftwaffe raids on Guernica and Madrid, what was the difference between those cities and Dresden, other than location?

Germany and Japan started WWII, they started bombing cities before Britain or America declared war. WWII was a war of cities, lucky for us we had an ocean between the Luftwaffe and our cities.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#3774 Jun 15, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
Open City with few military targets bombed back into the stone age using weapons designed to cause a firestorm to leave nothing standing without regard to the half million population living there.
A vital military target within range and visible night and day thanks to incendiaries. The target denying German troops an open city and travel through Dresden during battle.

barefoot2626 wrote:
A demonstration to the Russians was as was the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a new kind of warfare for Russia but Dresden was just more of Kiev, Sevastopol, Kursk and Stalingrad.
Germany started bombing cities in Guernica and Madrid in 1937. Putin is following suit.

Location hidden

#3775 Jun 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't insult other posters; this is where we differ.
You do and we differ in many ways: I don't feel compelled to lie every time I open my mouth, for example.

I don't have to invent things you didn't say to make you look stupid- I use your direct quote/

I don't have to pretend someone is less than American because he thinks carpet bombing is wrong when the Germans did it but okay when we did it.

I don't have to pretend the reason we HAD to drop the atomic bomb was because we had it.

Like a pin you pull out of a grenade and you forgot what number you were on.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Wipe your chin, shug.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#3776 Jun 15, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest not drop[ping it.
If you insisted I had to drop it somewhere, I would have called up the emperor and suggest he set some lawn chairs out on the deck and look out over Tokyo Bay.
At noon.
And then I would have dropped it on Sarushima.
Are you done, Sweet Pea?
show us what you're made of take care of Iraq and get our American contractors out of there !

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3777 Jun 15, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAAHAHAHAHA!
I know you are but what am I??
MOMMY! Barefoot2626 keeps smacking the sh!t out of me!
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
It ain't the way I wanted it!
I can handle things!
I'm smart!
Not like everybody says... like dumb...
I'm smart and I want respect!
You dont have to be told what you are since your postings have proven that for everyone to see for themselves and when it comes to intelligence that is something you lack bigtime which your own posting confirm that too just like this one I am replying to which confirms that you have mentality of an adolescence also which explains your thinking & reasoning skills when you reply.

Location hidden

#3778 Jun 15, 2014
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> show us what you're made of take care of Iraq and get our American contractors out of there !
Show us that you complied with the court order and you put new batteries in your ankle bracelet.

Location hidden

#3779 Jun 15, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You dont have to be told .
What is sad is: you think you are clever (or funny, I'm not sure) but you aren't, and we can be sure that you will keep repeating it until someone gives that fake chuckle and the head nod to make you stop.

And when they do, as soon as you look aware they'll look back and give the rest of us that arched eyebrow.

Wipe your chin, Butters... KY streaks...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#3780 Jun 16, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
You do and we differ in many ways: I don't feel compelled to lie every time I open my mouth, for example. I don't have to invent things you didn't say to make you look stupid- I use your direct quote/ I don't have to pretend someone is less than American because he thinks carpet bombing is wrong when the Germans did it but okay when we did it.
I don't have to pretend the reason we HAD to drop the atomic bomb was because we had it.
Like a pin you pull out of a grenade and you forgot what number you were on.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH! Wipe your chin, shug.
It was during total war, I condemn Germany's bombing of Guernica, Madrid, Warsaw, Coventry, Stalingrad and so many other European cities for aggression against other nations, not for military tactics. Germany started WWII, the allies fought in self defense.

We had to drop the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to save the lives of millions who would die in an invasion and to ensure Japan wouldn't develop and use the same type of weapons.

BTW, first pull the pin, release the spoon THEN count. The left hates our military so instead of learning history, they learn talking points to show our troops in the worst possible light. They hate our military more than they hate war, this is where we differ. War is hell and losing war is worse. We must ensure victory, or the enemy will take the initiative and attack our cities again; there's ample precedent.

I commend Churchill for reviewing the air campaign and focusing military action on the front lines.

Location hidden

#3781 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It was during total war, I condemn Germany's bombing of Guernica,
Goody.

You condemn other countries for bombing civilians but not countries that say they have a good reason, like the USA.

I get a warm feeling... like I get in my swimming trunks when I am at the beach.

Location hidden

#3782 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<
We had to drop the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to save the lives of millions who would die
Complete nonsense.

We dropped the bombs to send a message to Stalin.

Japan was ready to surrender, and invasion of Japan was not needed.

Location hidden

#3783 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
BTW, first pull the pin, release the spoon THEN count.
As I said: you'd forget what number you were on.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Location hidden

#3784 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Germany started WWII, the allies fought in self defense.
So rules of war don't apply...

Location hidden

#3785 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I commend Churchill for reviewing the air campaign
After the war, yeah, that was helpful.

Location hidden

#3786 Jun 16, 2014
Guernica = less than one thousand deaths
Dresden = more than 200,000 deaths.

PS: there were opposition troops in Guernica too. And arms factories.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3787 Jun 16, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is sad is: you think you are clever (or funny, I'm not sure) but you aren't, and we can be sure that you will keep repeating it until someone gives that fake chuckle and the head nod to make you stop.
And when they do, as soon as you look aware they'll look back and give the rest of us that arched eyebrow.
Wipe your chin, Butters... KY streaks...
What is sad is AnalDiver you keep proving to everyone that you are not too smart which everyone has already made that determination by your own postings.

Location hidden

#3789 Jun 16, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>What is sad is AnalDiver you keep proving to everyone that you are not too smart
I know you are but what am I?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Butters...
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#3790 Jun 16, 2014
brad wrote:
Oblamer; The world is less violent than it has ever been. It is healthier than it has ever been. It is more tolerant than it has ever been. It is better fed then it’s ever been. It is more educated than it’s ever been.
FORE!
Man is the guy clueless or what. He must of read that bullsht in some leftwing rag newspaper.Some people will fall for his lies. Dudette Bareback2626 sees his Messiah lie all the time so dudette thinks Obozos conduct is appropriate.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#3791 Jun 16, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
<quoted text>Man is the guy clueless or what. He must of read that bullsht in some leftwing rag newspaper.Some people will fall for his lies. Dudette Bareback2626 sees his Messiah lie all the time so dudette thinks Obozos conduct is appropriate.
Of course the world is safer then it has ever been. Anyone familiar with history can tell you that.

There was a terrific book that came out a couple of years ago named "The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined". I highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Better-Angels-Our-N...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) Jun 23 Porch Honkey the ... 31
News Brown signs bill to help illegal immigrants buy... Jun 11 tomin cali 1
News Clinton Dumbfounded byRising Cost of Obamacare Jun 10 just axe me 2
Very upset with my situation.! Help, please Jun 9 just axe me 8
News California Dems Inch Closer to Extending Obamac... Jun 8 tomin cali 1
News Americans are more overweight than ever, CDC su... May '16 TimeforHonesty 9
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) May '16 Not Low Income Se... 241
More from around the web