Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th...

Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

There are 3802 comments on the The Daily Democrat story from Sep 26, 2013, titled Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange. In it, The Daily Democrat reports that:

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Democrat.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2499 Feb 11, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said children are being taught he was a liberal.
Which of course is a lie and I have pointed out that is what liars do: lie.
Wipe your chin, dear.
Wrong, the common core lesson lists his religion as: liberal. Look at the second image:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2500 Feb 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Delay, defund and repeal:
I have health insurance, Brainless.

You?

Location hidden

#2501 Feb 11, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, the common core lesson lists his religion as: liberal.
Claptrap.

Get a shot.

Location hidden

#2502 Feb 11, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Claptrap.
Get a shot.
Stop taking shots!

Location hidden

#2503 Feb 11, 2014
You have to start taking yours, Shug.

Department of Health is looking for you.

Location hidden

#2504 Feb 11, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
You have to start taking yours, Shug.
Department of Health is looking for you.
Stop drinking shots, it is affecting your thought processes, Chug.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#2505 Feb 11, 2014
California's Obama Care exchange will come up 78 million dollars short next year. They are blaming it on a reduction in federal funding.

Covered California needs approximately 400 million dollars a year. Some are wondering as well with the budget short fall why are they spending over million dollars on things like a Richard Simmons promotion. An audit has been ordered. But 78 million dollars short this early in the process??? And if more Californian take mz Pelosi's advice and don't work that will be less tax money for state or federal subsidies.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2014-02-10/cal...

http://watchdog.org/126541/senator-seeks-obam...

One last note I saw where Covered California wants to hire an additional 400 call center workers. When they are having budget problems they are hiring more? WHO is going to pay?

Location hidden

#2506 Feb 11, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Stop drinking shots, it is affecting your thought processes, Chug.
Not as much as they do you, obviously.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2507 Feb 11, 2014
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
California's Obama Care exchange will come up 78 million dollars short next year. They are blaming it on a reduction in federal funding.
Covered California needs approximately 400 million dollars a year. Some are wondering as well with the budget short fall why are they spending over million dollars on things like a Richard Simmons promotion. An audit has been ordered. But 78 million dollars short this early in the process??? And if more Californian take mz Pelosi's advice and don't work that will be less tax money for state or federal subsidies.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2014-02-10/cal...
http://watchdog.org/126541/senator-seeks-obam...
One last note I saw where Covered California wants to hire an additional 400 call center workers. When they are having budget problems they are hiring more? WHO is going to pay?
No need to fret Nancy Piglosi will save the day. She always has something brilliant to say."We have to pass it,to know what's in it".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2508 Feb 11, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"This unusual book of readings is ballyhooed as presenting correspondence between Abraham Lincoln and Karl Marx,concerning, we presume, slavery and involuntary labor. It is disappointing that there is really no such correspondence. "
Poor AnalButter: soundly refuted.
Poor AnalDiver your the one that is still in denial of the facts and the thing is there is Liberals within your own Radical Left that know all about the Letters between Lincoln and Marx and their existence and they ridiculed Steven Spielberg for not mentioning the Letters & communication between Lincoln and Marx in his Movie “Lincoln”.

Spielberg’s “Lincoln,” Karl Marx, and the Second American Revolution – by Kevin Anderson

December 19, 2012 | Kevin Anderson

Summary: The film “Lincoln” shows the radicalization that had taken place in Civil War America by January 1865, with the Lincoln administration allying itself with the Radical Republicans to end slavery. At the same time, this Hollywood epic ignores both the economic/class dimensions and the warm exchange of letters between Marx’s First International and the Lincoln administration during the very same weeks that are the subject of the film — Editors

Economic and Class Dimensions of Abolition

Some on the left have criticized the film’s failure to emphasize the struggle for self-emancipation of African-Americans, as seen in for example in the 1989 film “Glory,” which told the story of African-American soldiers of the 54th Massachusetts Regiment.

While those criticisms are valid and important ones, I would like to focus on two other issues not covered by the film, the economic importance of slavery and abolition, and the exchange of letters between Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln, which occurred during the same month of January 1865 that is the focus of the film. These issues could easily have been taken up without altering the angle from which the film views these momentous historical events, that of rival political elites rather than masses in motion. Of course, the latter influence the former, and vice-versa, but I am engaging here in more of an immanent critique, one that takes the film on its own terms and looks at some contradictions that emerge from that.

http://www.internationalmarxisthumanist.org/a...

Location hidden

#2509 Feb 11, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
... and the warm exchange of letters between Marx’s First International and the Lincoln administration.
The Lincoln "administration".

Not Lincoln, AnalOriface.

Too bad...

What a shame it is you cannot find ONE Single letter written by Lincoln to Marx.

And you told us they were pen pals.

Here is what a tiny letter looks like:
http://tinyurl.com/lincolnletter5

Location hidden

#2510 Feb 11, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Not a Lincoln letter, AnalButter.

Where oh where is that proof?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2511 Feb 12, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
I have health insurance, Brainless. You?
I get mine from my employer so part of the premium is sheltered from income tax. What do you think of Obama's delaying the ACA employer mandate again? Do you think it's lawful?

Location hidden

#2512 Feb 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I get mine from my employer so part of the premium is sheltered from income tax. What do you think of Obama's delaying the ACA employer mandate again? Do you think it's lawful?
Good question...interested to see if you get a response.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#2513 Feb 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I get mine from my employer so part of the premium is sheltered from income tax. What do you think of Obama's delaying the ACA employer mandate again? Do you think it's lawful?
Some groups requested waivers. The right wing jumped all over this and also demanded the waivers.

Obama listened to them and granted the waivers. Now the right wing is outraged the waivers they demanded were indeed granted.

The Republicans pushed for the waivers. Are you now saying it was unlawful for them to do that?

Location hidden

#2514 Feb 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Funny how people who have health insurance care the least about the people who don't.
Funny

Bellingham, WA

#2515 Feb 12, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how people who have health insurance care the least about the people who don't.
Funny how people who live off of tax payers care the least about those who pay taxes.

Location hidden

#2516 Feb 12, 2014
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how people who live off of tax payers care the least about those who pay taxes.
You make this obvious.

Find a job yet?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#2517 Feb 12, 2014
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that supposed to mean something? What difference does it make to you or actual taxpayers if somebody else is allowed to buy insurance with their own money?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2518 Feb 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
Those "new enrollees" are mostly for Medicare, not private health insurance. Obamacare is doom on private insurers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Insurance Marketing in 2015: Tell Us What You T... Jul 30 CarenGreen 2
News "Follow The Money" & "Blackmail": Conservative ... Jul 29 Conspiraciesabound 4
Something to know about ObamaCare Jul 20 abb23 1
News Can same-sex marriage make America healthier? Jul 12 Pat 71
saving on medical costs Jul 8 GTOdad 1
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... Jul 4 Le Jimbo 14
Astronomical fines incurred by the healthcare i... Jul 3 GandalfGrey 1
More from around the web