The Panic Over Whether Religion Is 'Even Legal'

There's a new ripple of panic this week about religious freedom. In the National Review , Kathryn Jean Lopez, reacting to the American Civil Liberties Union's lawsuit against the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, asks : "Is religion even legal?" Lopez worries that the lawsuit , which seeks to hold the USCCB liable for providing substandard medical ... (more) Full Story
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#42 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not blaming anyone for it. nothing to blame. its great that SS couples adopt kids that need homes or otherwise have surrogate babies...
but again, the other kids will notice...and then most people know a gay couple or two.
you may want to keep kids in a bubble. is that what happened to you to make you so stupid and unknowing of the real world?
The real world is in an inner city school. Have little Timmy show up with his two dads and watch to see what happens.

Your attempts at insulting me are all a waste of time. Your 'real world' would have everyone accepting homosexual marriages and other kids telling little Timmy how wonderful it is that he has gay parents. Anyone that disagrees isn't living in your real world. I'm happy to say I don't.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#43 Dec 14, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what gays are doing. Keep it in your closets.
Sorry to dissapoint you, Delusional One, but the days of gays and lesbians "keeping it in the closet" are long over. Gay marriage and other civil rights are here to stay. Considering the fact you can't seem to deal with it, have you considered the idea of living on a desert island or in a cave? No homosexuals in either of those places....I'm sure you'd be happy living in either. And we certainly wouldn't mind if you quit posting comments on this forum.
drinK the hivE

East Hanover, NJ

#44 Dec 14, 2013
Like How Tommy Chong Smoked That Resin Off A Paperclip??...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QcA4fu77-QQ/SJE7e-q...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#45 Dec 14, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The real world is in an inner city school. Have little Timmy show up with his two dads and watch to see what happens.
Your attempts at insulting me are all a waste of time. Your 'real world' would have everyone accepting homosexual marriages and other kids telling little Timmy how wonderful it is that he has gay parents. Anyone that disagrees isn't living in your real world. I'm happy to say I don't.
it is wonderful that gay couples have kids...your bigotry is showing again...but thenit never stops.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#46 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not even close to correct. if we let some organizations get by tax free, they are not paying their fair share, thus we are subsidizing that org. how long do you think those massive basilicas and cathedrals would stay churches if they had to pay property taxes on what is usually prime real estate? about less than a year... they'd be the hottest nightclub in town in time for the next fiscal year...
As I said, you CLEARLY have NO IDEA what the word "subsidize" means. Try looking it up and understanding the definition.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#47 Dec 14, 2013
Fearmongering and horsecrap from the Nitwit's Review, how Buckley must be jumping in his grave. Although he was a fanatical Catholic, even he wasn't this dishonest.

NO one's suggesting that religion is or should be "legal" in America. The Constitution says it is and will remain so.

Only fraudulent Righties seek to whip up fake outrage over this issue, as they do over the fake "war on Christmas" every year.

Disgusting!
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#48 Dec 14, 2013
Apologies..."NO one's suggesting that religion is or should be "ILLEGAL" in America."

My error!:)

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#49 Dec 14, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
Fearmongering and horsecrap from the Nitwit's Review, how Buckley must be jumping in his grave. Although he was a fanatical Catholic, even he wasn't this dishonest.
NO one's suggesting that religion is or should be "legal" in America. The Constitution says it is and will remain so.
Only fraudulent Righties seek to whip up fake outrage over this issue, as they do over the fake "war on Christmas" every year.
Disgusting!
Please don't lump all Christians in with the hateful Catholics.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#50 Dec 14, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't lump all Christians in with the hateful Catholics.
Catholics are no better or worse, as a group, than any other Christians. Evangelicals are actually the worst.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#51 Dec 14, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are no better or worse, as a group, than any other Christians. Evangelicals are actually the worst.
And what about the Christian denominations, and other Christian groups tat welcome and accept LGBT people into the church ? You lump them in also with the hateful Catholics ?

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#52 Dec 15, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The real world is in an inner city school. Have little Timmy show up with his two dads and watch to see what happens.
.......
It happens every day.

That's why we are working so hard to reach children in schools before they are poisoned by folks like you. After all, a child must be taught to hate and fear. By teaching kids the truth about gay folks and their families early, we are breaking that viscous cycle.

And we are succeeding.
A Little Dab Will Do It

Alpharetta, GA

#53 Dec 15, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Parts of it, yes. No one has to be told there are gays. What you do is try to force them to think of gays as you want them to. Sorry, no.
You could have benefited from such an education
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#54 Dec 15, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It happens every day.
That's why we are working so hard to reach children in schools before they are poisoned by folks like you. After all, a child must be taught to hate and fear. By teaching kids the truth about gay folks and their families early, we are breaking that viscous cycle.
And we are succeeding.
Gays never came up in family discussion or public schools. That's the way it should be today. Lying to kids about gays isn't teaching, it's brainwashing. Parents are becoming increasingly aware of these tactics, that's why you're failing. No one teaches their kids to hate, they might learn that in the real world but not at home. Our kids are none of your business. You can tell your kids whatever you wish.

Cat74

West Chicago, IL

#55 Dec 15, 2013
Unborn CHILD. Did you get that. It isn't a tomato those evil women are slicing, and dicing.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#56 Dec 15, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Gays never came up in family discussion or public schools. That's the way it should be today.
You were left to your own devices to learn about this subject and looked how well that turned out for you. Why, why, why, do you keep saying things like this when there might be somebody reading this who considers you the poster child for why this has to be taught in the schools?
Wondering wrote:
Lying to kids about gays isn't teaching, it's brainwashing.
The only folk I hear talking about lying to kids are folks like you. We want kids to receive age appropriate factual information.
Wondering wrote:
Parents are becoming increasingly aware of these tactics, that's why you're failing.
Where? When? You alleged adults throw conniption fits and make a lot of ugly noise, but eventually common sense will prevail and you'll be left to find something else to be upset about.
Wondering wrote:
No one teaches their kids to hate, they might learn that in the real world but not at home.
Uh-huh.Right. You really do believe in the silliest of fantasies. Hate begins at home, if it didn't it wouldn't survive.
Wondering wrote:
Our kids are none of your business.
Unless you make them our business and you heterosexual folk are darn good at that.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#57 Dec 15, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
We want kids to receive age appropriate factual information.
False. What you want to do is train them to think your way. Sorry, won't happen. Homosexuality never came up while my kids were in elementary school. If they came home with a story book about gays, trust me, you wouldn't be making any friends. Your efforts would be counterproductive. Especially if feeding them this stuff without my consent. I would have explained what you were doing and why you were doing it.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#58 Dec 15, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about the Christian denominations, and other Christian groups tat welcome and accept LGBT people into the church ? You lump them in also with the hateful Catholics ?
Catholics are probably more likely to accept gay people than Evangelicals. But generally I lump all Christers together as superstitious fools, FWIW...
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#59 Dec 15, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
False. What you want to do is train them to think your way. Sorry, won't happen. Homosexuality never came up while my kids were in elementary school. If they came home with a story book about gays, trust me, you wouldn't be making any friends. Your efforts would be counterproductive. Especially if feeding them this stuff without my consent. I would have explained what you were doing and why you were doing it.
Better than training them to "think" your way, bigoted asshat. Teaching your kids to hate?

I say take 'em away from you...
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#60 Dec 15, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Unborn CHILD. Did you get that. It isn't a tomato those evil women are slicing, and dicing.
Another fetus-worshipping, forced-birth Rightie nitwit. No surprise there!
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#61 Dec 15, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays never came up in family discussion or public schools. That's the way it should be today. Lying to kids about gays isn't teaching, it's brainwashing. Parents are becoming increasingly aware of these tactics, that's why you're failing. No one teaches their kids to hate, they might learn that in the real world but not at home. Our kids are none of your business. You can tell your kids whatever you wish.
Amazingly clueless. The subject of gay people comes up all the time these days. What do you do, other than hiding the truth and trying to keep your kids (and everyone else's) ignorant?

Lying to kids about gay people is what bigots and Christians do. That should be prevented as hateful and abusive. You don't have the right to teach hatred, sorry.

You teach your kids to hate every damn day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Health care exchanges, tax credits are availabl... Wed JEngdahlJ 1
Survey: Civilian Psychologists Struggle To Trea... Wed HumanSpirit 3
latest plan Nov 20 Zach 1
Obamacare's 2.0 health insurance enrollment per... Nov 19 Le Jimbo 66
Best health insurance plans (India)? Nov 17 KevinShine 1
2VIDEO: Jonathan Gruber says Obama knew 'the Am... Nov 17 squeaky 43
Americans: How health care law affected them Nov 16 Not Cool 1

Health Insurance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE