U.S. Supreme Court upholds President ...

U.S. Supreme Court upholds President Obama's health care reform law

There are 130 comments on the WTVR Richmond story from Jun 28, 2012, titled U.S. Supreme Court upholds President Obama's health care reform law. In it, WTVR Richmond reports that:

A The U.S. Supreme Court upheld President Barack Obama's sweeping health care legislation Thursday in a narrow 5-4 ruling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR Richmond.

Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#22 Jun 28, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
That can be debated as Constitutional law has several viewpoints and approaches. It appears John Roberts had taken a narrow viewpoint.
.
I can see why John Roberts put this decision off to the last possible minute, that coward, so he can run out of town before he gets the anger he deserves.
.
What can't be debated is John Roberts is a uselss f*ck.
But what the Supreme Court upheld is that everyone has to take responsibility for buying health insurance. Everyone uses health insurance so the court said everyone has to buy it. I guess they could mandate everyone to buy food too because it is a necessity for human survival too. But, people love to eat, whereas most people are used to getting health insurance either through their employer or through the government. Only about ten percent of people buy health insurance, probably all business owners. So this shifts the burden onto everyone to have to get health insurance. This really takes on the obesity epidemic, and that's a good thing. I don't know about you, but I am sick to death of being attacked by women cause I am a thin woman. This stuff is ten years overdue. I have yet to see one fat woman get thin just by being cruel to me. Doesn't work very well, maybe them having to buy health insurance will work better than them bulling thin women. Just a suggestion.
Hee Hee Hee

AOL

#23 Jun 28, 2012
Hot Karl wrote:
Don't matter we get free healthcare. The left wins (as they should) and the American people win (as they should). This is a great day in American history! Finally the government is working for us.
Will Governor Romney suspend his campaign and accept that America is only Obama Nation now? The die is cast and nothing can stop Obama now.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#24 Jun 28, 2012
Romneycare is upheld by the supreme court.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#25 Jun 28, 2012
Soo funny - Obama passes the GOP version of health care, and these idiots are against it!

Bunch of fools!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#26 Jun 28, 2012
I expect this to be just the beginning of mandated "purchases" by the fed. with SS going under quickly I expect disability insurance to be next.

Freedom and Liberty were officially taken off life support today. the constitution is officially no longer relevant in this country. <it's been so for a while but today it was officially admitted>
disappointedinro berts

Celina, OH

#27 Jun 28, 2012
Read some of the comments on other sites. Cannot believe the ignorance of people. They get all their news from the liberal media and think they are getting something for free. Make NO MISTAKE! This is a tax on the poor and middle class. ITs not about the rich. They already have HCI. This limits treatment to people over 76. It also exempts the beaurocrats from this program --- if its so good for america why are they exempt???? This gives direct access to your bank account to the fed. This also hurts small business, employment opportunity and the economy in that it will escalate the price of everything you buy! Wake up America...you didn't get free healthcare. You just became socialized and perhaps worse!
disappointedinro berts

Celina, OH

#28 Jun 28, 2012
Oh and by the way, the illegals will still get free Healthcare and not be penalized and mandated!
Night Witches

Red Oak, TX

#29 Jun 28, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>

.
What can't be debated is John Roberts is a uselss f*ck.
because you disagree with him?
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#30 Jun 28, 2012
That is the problem that they have. Romney ends up being the nominee and he's the one who did the individual mandate. It's all politics. Like now Romney is trying not to say that he would do the Dream Act, but he would same as he did the individual mandate. If you turn off MSNBC and Fox Noise, you figure it out that both parties want to do almost the exact same things and both parties run up the same amount of debt.

This is why they never mention Bush. He created more regulations than any other president, he doubled the size of the Dept. of Education with No Child Left Behind, he ran up more debt than all other presidents in the past combined, he ran up 5 trillion before Obama did. Bush tried to pass an amnesty too. Then, Fox sells it that the two parties are so different when in reality the only real difference is the Dems spend and spend on welfare and on those huge government pensions and the Repubs spend and spend on war profits for the rich, on oil wars and on tax cuts for the rich. They each spent $5 trillion, so now the U.S. will have to default on the debt. Before Bush and Obama, we didn't have any big debt ever, we had no threat of defaulting on our debt in the past. Clinton wasn't borrowing any money and the debt was almost 11 trillion less than it is now. Old Bushy and Obama spend and spend, they party like it's 1999, live like there's no tomorrow.
Night Witches

Red Oak, TX

#32 Jun 28, 2012
LoLBama wrote:
I expect this to be just the beginning of mandated "purchases"
next thing you know we will all have to have insurance on our cars!
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#33 Jun 28, 2012
This is WHY everyone should have gotten behind Ron Paul, had a radical revolution and kicked all of them out of Washington - ALL OF THEM, all of the Repubs and all of the Dems.
Txman812

Coppell, TX

#34 Jun 28, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're unaware that insurance premiums will be capped because of this law?
and that the only "profit" being made will by the stockholders of private insurance companies?
and how will taking the responsibility of healthcare OFF small businesses hurt them financially?
Well first of all i work for a small company and our insurance has skyrocketed the last few years becasue of this, my wife works at walmart and their insurance went up three times what it was before obamacare, and we will see if anything gets capped, we all know, that ANYTIME you REQUIRE anything that costs go up up up and im sure this will be no different. Its not taking the responsibility off of small businesses either, it is requiring them to have insurance for there employees or pay a penalty. Or as they put it another TAX. The worse thing about it is how you slowly have seen the last 3+ years, the government taking more and more control of our lives telling us what we can and cant do, this is not waht america is suppose to be about, have you ever read the constitution? Obama must go and must go soon

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#35 Jun 28, 2012
disappointedinroberts wrote:
Read some of the comments on other sites. Cannot believe the ignorance of people. They get all their news from the liberal media and think they are getting something for free. Make NO MISTAKE! This is a tax on the poor and middle class. ITs not about the rich. They already have HCI. This limits treatment to people over 76. It also exempts the beaurocrats from this program --- if its so good for america why are they exempt???? This gives direct access to your bank account to the fed. This also hurts small business, employment opportunity and the economy in that it will escalate the price of everything you buy! Wake up America...you didn't get free healthcare. You just became socialized and perhaps worse!
The mandate will make it very difficult for people to find full-time jobs. The practical effect here is that the best college graduates will be able to hope for is a part-time job. Student loan crisis is going to deal a serious blow to this nation.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#36 Jun 28, 2012
Night Witches wrote:
<quoted text>next thing you know we will all have to have insurance on our cars!
You should have to. In most states you are mandated to have car insurance or a bond.
Txman812

Coppell, TX

#37 Jun 28, 2012
Pamela wrote:
That is the problem that they have. Romney ends up being the nominee and he's the one who did the individual mandate. It's all politics. Like now Romney is trying not to say that he would do the Dream Act, but he would same as he did the individual mandate. If you turn off MSNBC and Fox Noise, you figure it out that both parties want to do almost the exact same things and both parties run up the same amount of debt.
This is why they never mention Bush. He created more regulations than any other president, he doubled the size of the Dept. of Education with No Child Left Behind, he ran up more debt than all other presidents in the past combined, he ran up 5 trillion before Obama did. Bush tried to pass an amnesty too. Then, Fox sells it that the two parties are so different when in reality the only real difference is the Dems spend and spend on welfare and on those huge government pensions and the Repubs spend and spend on war profits for the rich, on oil wars and on tax cuts for the rich. They each spent $5 trillion, so now the U.S. will have to default on the debt. Before Bush and Obama, we didn't have any big debt ever, we had no threat of defaulting on our debt in the past. Clinton wasn't borrowing any money and the debt was almost 11 trillion less than it is now. Old Bushy and Obama spend and spend, they party like it's 1999, live like there's no tomorrow.
Yes and Bush is out of the picture, so now it is every americans duty to assure Obama is voted out of office come November, we definatley can not afford another 4 years of this guy
Txman812

Coppell, TX

#38 Jun 28, 2012
Hee Hee Hee wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Governor Romney suspend his campaign and accept that America is only Obama Nation now? The die is cast and nothing can stop Obama now.
Free ? LOL ...... how do you see this as free? ANd This will ASSURE that Obama doesnt get re-elected, wait and see, over 50% of americans did not want this, lots of them being independent or undecided on who to vote for. Obama nation huh LOL would that be t he land of the spending and taxing???

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#39 Jun 28, 2012
disappointedinroberts wrote:
Oh and by the way, the illegals will still get free Healthcare and not be penalized and mandated!
Yep - I am wondering how they're going to collect that penalty from illegals who they don't want to even keep track of.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#40 Jun 28, 2012
Txman812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Bush is out of the picture, so now it is every americans duty to assure Obama is voted out of office come November, we definatley can not afford another 4 years of this guy
But the point is we go back and forth, back and forth, vote in Rs, kick them out, vote in Ds, kick them out. I think Ron Paul was the real solution because he saw where both parties were running up all of this debt and on what and he was taking both of them on. I think MSNBC and Fox fuel a fake argument that one party or the other is a solution. I voted Republican for over 30 years and then look what happened to the country in 2008. that was as bad as it gets. that showed me that we all need a revolution. And I liked what I heard Ron Paul saying since 2007. He was talking about the debt since 2007. I think we have to go full on Libertarian and get rid of both parties in order to stop the problems, the big spending and the corruption.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#41 Jun 28, 2012
LoLBama wrote:
<quoted text>
The mandate will make it very difficult for people to find full-time jobs. The practical effect here is that the best college graduates will be able to hope for is a part-time job. Student loan crisis is going to deal a serious blow to this nation.
I don't know. Those student loans are from the mega banks, they make good money off of the interest on those loans, and people cannot discharge them in a bankruptcy. They are stuck with those loans for life and as soon as they get a job, the banks garnish their wages, so my take on it is that those loans will get paid. The big, huge debt is in SS and Medicare. Look at the unfunded liabilities in SS and Medicare on the National Debt Clock and add them up. It comes out to $119 TRILLION dollars. That is promises the government has made beyond taxes it collected. That debt isn't loans that banks make interest on or that banks can garnish wages on. That debt is tax money. In other words, you would have to borrow the money to pay it out or raise taxes so big to pay that stuff, it's not even funny. I think the SS and Medicare problems far outshadow the student loan debts.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#42 Jun 28, 2012
Night Witches wrote:
<quoted text>next thing you know we will all have to have insurance on our cars!
If you don't stupid, and you get in an accident, the other party can go after you civilly in court, have liens put against your home, etc.

In other words SFB's, you SHOULD have car insurance. Most states mandate you have insurance on your vehicle - if not, your license can be revoked.

Gawd, you're a dumb hick!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illegal immigration has many abuses (Apr '09) Sat Brian 9
News Number of Minnesota adults without health insur... (Dec '14) May 15 Greedy Government 7
News A year after 'Obamacare' vote, Democrats see el... May 4 He Named Me Black... 1
News Sen. Landrieu Criticized By Abortion Opponents ... (Dec '09) Apr '18 yidfella talking ... 4
News Massachusetts, a Health Pioneer, Turns Its Focu... Mar '18 Christsharia sLaw 1
News She had a colonoscopy without anesthesia - but ... Mar '18 billnowcreditlater 1
News Bipartisan push for Obamacare fix unravels in t... Mar '18 mr gleeble 3