Fewer health care options for illegal immigrants

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times Leader

For years, Sonia Limas would drag her daughters to the emergency room whenever they fell sick.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Dec 14, 2012
Tradition

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

They need to go home. We cannot afford to take care of them
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Fewer options, the missed the go home one I guess.
El Cid

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Illegal laiens already cost American taxpayers plenty.
The Feds states that annually the Feds/taxpayers foot roughly $97,000,000,00 (97 BILLION) a year for the uninsured. Of that amount the Feds state roughly $58,000,000,00 is for illegal aliens.
Those amounts do not include what taxpayers in individual states pay. In Texas the last numbers out were 2010 and uninsured people cost Texas taxpayers just over $2,000,000,00 that year. That was after what the Feds kicked in on their end.
The amount atributable to illegal aliens was roughly half to a little over half the total amount.
Parkland Hospital in Dallas is the second largest and busiest maternity ward in America and their labor and delivery costs in 2011 for illegal aliens birthing children at the hospital was just under $560 million after the Feds kicked in their $21 million to specifically offset the cost to the hospital and county taxpayers specifically for caring for illegal aliens.
Most of the women were birthing their 3rd child there.
Dallas County and the City of Dallas taxpayers were the ones paying the $560 million with higher property taxes, sales taxes, city and county fees, and of course the local hospital district.
What did each illegal alien pay on their hospital bill as they left with their new anchor? 0
Cracker

House Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Good, let the illegal aliens die off.
Saves us the expense from having to deport them criminals .

After all, the only good illegal aliens are dead illegal aliens !
:)
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

El Cid wrote:
Illegal laiens already cost American taxpayers plenty.
The Feds states that annually the Feds/taxpayers foot roughly $97,000,000,00 (97 BILLION) a year for the uninsured. Of that amount the Feds state roughly $58,000,000,00 is for illegal aliens.
Those amounts do not include what taxpayers in individual states pay. In Texas the last numbers out were 2010 and uninsured people cost Texas taxpayers just over $2,000,000,00 that year. That was after what the Feds kicked in on their end.
The amount atributable to illegal aliens was roughly half to a little over half the total amount.
Parkland Hospital in Dallas is the second largest and busiest maternity ward in America and their labor and delivery costs in 2011 for illegal aliens birthing children at the hospital was just under $560 million after the Feds kicked in their $21 million to specifically offset the cost to the hospital and county taxpayers specifically for caring for illegal aliens.
Most of the women were birthing their 3rd child there.
Dallas County and the City of Dallas taxpayers were the ones paying the $560 million with higher property taxes, sales taxes, city and county fees, and of course the local hospital district.
What did each illegal alien pay on their hospital bill as they left with their new anchor? 0
I don't want to pay anything on them including their anchor baby, we need to change our laws so that the only can get citizenship here is to go through the legal channels, the provisions the anchor babies take advantage of were only put in place to make sure that slavery did not stop the children of slaves from being citizens. We don't do that anymore so we don't need the law.

What worries me most is that we have millions of Americans who have paid into the system in many ways who are becoming of age to get medicare benefits. We currently have some 47 million people enrolled in medicare, the first of the baby boomers became eligible for medicare in 2011 and the upward trend in enrollee s will continue for 18 years, that is ever increasing numbers until 2030 then things will start to slowly taper off until they die off which hopefully will take a while since I am one.

By 2030 we should have about 77 million in medicare, a 63% increase. Just think for a minute, only 18 states have signed up for Obamacare's medicaid expansion others are saying that they can not afford to pay their share after the federal money runs out. That is adding people who are younger and therefor less likely to use as many healthcare dollars. People on medicare by definition have to be over 65 and remain covered until they die. The cost for this he going to be huge and I don't know how we are going to pay for it.

The way I see it is that when we spend money on a program, a foreign war we should not be in, or just give aid away we are taking away from older Americans who deserve better. We need to put our foot down on spending not because we are misers but because we truly need that money for our people and they should come first.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Americans can be disappeared by the federal government. The illegal is granted rights and legitimacy.

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

USA became leader because is the most liberal country.

Because of liberalism, USA was the hope of every human of planet, and the most good place for money and business.

Now USA need to continuing the liberalism.

For those reasons, immigration need be free, and need to give amnesty and citizenship to illegal immigrants.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

That's not true, those poor aliens, get pass's to Intermountain Health Care Free Clinic's in Utah. Catholic Charities give voucher's to illegals. My son a Student could never get the health care freebies the illegals in this Country get. Once they Anchor, they're set. That's why you see 13 year old girls woddeling down the street pregnant. Once they break in and anchor, they're set.It's the largest use of our taxpayer dollars in Utah next to entitlements. What a pathetic mess.
paddyomalley

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

european2012 wrote:
USA became leader because is the most liberal country.
Because of liberalism, USA was the hope of every human of planet, and the most good place for money and business.
Now USA need to continuing the liberalism.
For those reasons, immigration need be free, and need to give amnesty and citizenship to illegal immigrants.
The only good liberal is in the middle of the Mojave Desert with a hole in their canteen.
paddyomalley

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

This breaks my heart. I love waiting 8 to 12 hrs in an ER that my insurance and myself will pay for, so illegal aliens can clog up the system with their BS. They are illegally here and I don't give a rat's azz what obama, all the Republicans and all the Dimocrts say, they deserve nothing but to be driven like cattle across our southern Borer. They can starve or bleed to death, but no Free services to illegal aliens. For those illegal scum in our jails and prison, let their families feed them, or give them three-riceballs a day and forget them, until burial time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Health Insurance Discussions

Search the Health Insurance Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MMA Rounds Jul 18 Mary Ziotard Brand 3
BlueCross rate increase in 2015 would affect th... Jul 17 Low Rent 4
White House Website Promotes Obamacare En Espanol Jul 9 Amigo 1
Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest r... (Sep '13) Jul 8 Amigo 3,808
Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years Jul 5 Cris Ericson 2
Health insurance cards for migrants Jul 3 fenerB 1
House overwhelmingly refuses to expand Medicaid (May '13) Jul 2 Johnny 2
•••
•••