Democrats struggle to win over skepti...

Democrats struggle to win over skeptical Americans on Obamacare

There are 570 comments on the Reuters story from May 11, 2014, titled Democrats struggle to win over skeptical Americans on Obamacare. In it, Reuters reports that:

Barack Obama and his Democratic allies in the Congress have grown more confident in recent months about their ability to use the president's signature healthcare law as a draw rather than a liability in this November's midterm elections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#45 May 13, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
But you believe there is an Obamacare card.
Still waiting on that list of Republicans that voted for Obamacare.....
foster

Ashburn, VA

#46 May 13, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you list the Republicans that voted for Obamacare?
And.......
Go!
Representative Cao of Louisiana
foster

Ashburn, VA

#47 May 13, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats Oblamer for ya.
Not an original bone in his body.
He extended all Bush's shitty policies and the Republicans too.
Hope and change my ass.
No, is ideas were filibustered with 52 Senate blocks, a congressional record
foster

Ashburn, VA

#48 May 13, 2014
Monty Anaconda wrote:
We aren't skeptical. We're pissed. The Democratic party is done. You have sold us all out and are laughing at the stupidity of the American people while you empty our wallets.
If only Republicans rated better than 7% you'd be belivable
foster

Ashburn, VA

#49 May 13, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Democrats are struggling.
.
Yet Republicans rate 7% approval and 68% Disapproval in America.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#50 May 13, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Representative Cao of Louisiana
http://www.searchnc.com/who-voted-for-obamaca...

Not according to this link.

NOT A SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR THIS NIGHTMARE.

IT'S 100% ON THE DEMOCRATS.

You're just making shit up.

it took all of about 5 seconds to find that link, proving you a liar, just like your hero, Field Marshall Obama.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#51 May 13, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Republicans rate 7% approval and 68% Disapproval in America.
Yet the Democrats are going to get destroyed in November.

If you like your Senate Majority, you can keep your Senate Majority, Period.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#52 May 13, 2014
Dems and repugs just have to come up with new scripts of bulls--t. The gullible and brain dead voters always fall for a 19.95 for two plus shipping product!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#53 May 13, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even remotely like it. More pathetic lies.
I suspect that many tea partiers actually believe the misconceptions that they take pleasure in repeating. The main thing they know is that they hate President Obama for "some" reason.(Of course, some make no secret about their racism, while others know only that they just hate feeling forced to share their stuff with "urban" people, and perhaps other minorities to whom they feel superior and hence more entitled.)

At least ACA is much more popular than Obamacare. What does that tell us?

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#54 May 13, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
At least ACA is much more popular than Obamacare. What does that tell us?
That you aren't smart enough to know the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#56 May 13, 2014
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
poor cryboy – that one just flew right over your pointy little head.
lol
Not hardly, dimwit.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#57 May 13, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that many tea partiers actually believe the misconceptions that they take pleasure in repeating. The main thing they know is that they hate President Obama for "some" reason.(Of course, some make no secret about their racism, while others know only that they just hate feeling forced to share their stuff with "urban" people, and perhaps other minorities to whom they feel superior and hence more entitled.)
At least ACA is much more popular than Obamacare. What does that tell us?
Lets see what went over my head.....

Tea Partiers hate President Obama because he's Black.

If that so, why would I vote for Allen West of Benjamin Carson in a heartbeat. So it's obviously not race....

Hate being forced to share their stuff with urban people.

Key Words: BEING FORCED.

All men should be able to keep what they earn.

Nobody is entitled to my stuff but me.

Nobody is entitled to your stuff but you.

"At least ACA is much more popular than Obamacare. What does that tell us?"

The Affordabvle Care Act is Obamacare.

Nope, nothing went over my head at all.

You're just a typical intoelrant Progressive ass.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#58 May 13, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see what went over my head.....
Tea Partiers hate President Obama because he's Black.
If that so, why would I vote for Allen West of Benjamin Carson in a heartbeat. So it's obviously not race....
Hate being forced to share their stuff with urban people.
Key Words: BEING FORCED.
All men should be able to keep what they earn.
Nobody is entitled to my stuff but me.
Nobody is entitled to your stuff but you.
"At least ACA is much more popular than Obamacare. What does that tell us?"
The Affordabvle Care Act is Obamacare.
Nope, nothing went over my head at all.
You're just a typical intoelrant Progressive ass.
I have a theory as to why you would vote for Alan West or Ben Carson in a heartbeat. I think it's because the three of you are intolerant asses. Alan West in particular is a zealot from the shallow end of the gene pool, teetering on the edge of sanity. Ben Carson strikes me as a fairly intelligent fellow, but who is also a self-hating naif. As for you, Space cadet, enough has been said already.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#59 May 13, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
liberals.....making things worse since 1965
Yeah, the gift that keeps on giving.!!!
Sort of like AIDS if you think about it.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#60 May 13, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have a theory as to why you would vote for Alan West or Ben Carson in a heartbeat. I think it's because the three of you are intolerant asses. Alan West in particular is a zealot from the shallow end of the gene pool, teetering on the edge of sanity. Ben Carson strikes me as a fairly intelligent fellow, but who is also a self-hating naif. As for you, Space cadet, enough has been said already.
You RAYSIS. You just don't like them because they are black. Just hate the fact that a black man can be smart and be successful; don't need someone to help them make it. Stayed in school etc. Most of all don't walk around with a sorry-azzed, worn out chip on their shoulders thinking the world owes them a living.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#61 May 13, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have a theory as to why you would vote for Alan West or Ben Carson in a heartbeat. I think it's because the three of you are intolerant asses. Alan West in particular is a zealot from the shallow end of the gene pool, teetering on the edge of sanity. Ben Carson strikes me as a fairly intelligent fellow, but who is also a self-hating naif. As for you, Space cadet, enough has been said already.
What do you have against Black people?

You are obviously a racist.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#62 May 13, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Representative Cao of Louisiana
source?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#63 May 13, 2014
"Reminder: Obamacare passed without a single Republican vote

Back in 2009 and 2010, Democrats controlled the White House and the U.S. House and U.S. Senate. President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rammed Obamacare through without a single Republican vote.
The Washington Post said of the Obamacare fight at the time “It has inflamed the partisanship that Obama pledged to tame when he campaigned for the White House and has limited Congress’s ability to pass any other major legislation.”
In December 2009, the U.S. Senate voted 60 to 39 for Obamacare. The Washington Post reported “The Senate bill passed without a single GOP vote.”
In March 2010, the U.S. House voted 219 to 212 for Obamacare. 34 House Democrats and all of the House Republicans voted against Obamacare. The NO votes were the only bipartisan votes.
President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) on March 23, 2010.”

http://oregoncatalyst.com/25561-reminder-obam...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#64 May 13, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
<quoted text>
You RAYSIS. You just don't like them because they are black. Just hate the fact that a black man can be smart and be successful; don't need someone to help them make it. Stayed in school etc. Most of all don't walk around with a sorry-azzed, worn out chip on their shoulders thinking the world owes them a living.
You're joking of course. No one with a functioning brain could be serious about this.

But just for the record, I don't hate Ben Carson or demean his intelligence. I just think he should remain a doctor. I don't hate Alan West, but I do hate what he stands for. Religious zealots are a very scary lot.

As for President Obama, I consider him one of the wisest and most intelligent persons to hold that office in our nation's history.

One more thing. Sometimes we all need someone to help us make it.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#65 May 13, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see what went over my head.....
Tea Partiers hate President Obama because he's Black.
If that so, why would I vote for Allen West of Benjamin Carson in a heartbeat. So it's obviously not race....
Hate being forced to share their stuff with urban people.
Key Words: BEING FORCED.
All men should be able to keep what they earn.
Nobody is entitled to my stuff but me.
Nobody is entitled to your stuff but you.
"At least ACA is much more popular than Obamacare. What does that tell us?"
The Affordabvle Care Act is Obamacare.
Nope, nothing went over my head at all.
You're just a typical intoelrant Progressive ass.
My goodness, Cowboy, have I unwittingly overlooked numerous opportunities to induct you into the Knights of the Satanic Order of the List of Terminally Insulting and Disgusting Without Redeeming Capacity for Reasonable Discourse — or simply “Club SOL” for short? Perhaps I have. I've made it a point to shun you as an active member in good standing, but I want to make it official in case I've overlooked you. So...

Congratulations! Your name has earned dishonorable mention on my “do not reply” list of people who either prefer or have only the capacity to post personal insults in lieu of attempting to engage in reasonable discussion. You may continue to respond to me if you must, but I’ll not respond to you, no matter how strongly you may appeal for me to do so. You may find it just as rewarding, however, to settle on rating all my posts negatively, as has become the tradition of those who have been so disenfranchised. I welcome disagreement, but not personal insults.

I can assure you, however, that my decision to knight you. has nothing to do with your limited skill expressing sarcasm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Last call: Obamacare open enrollment ends Friday 29 min Classified info 7
North Carolina Graduate Student about to turn 2... Dec 9 jjjordanjjj 2
News In Las Vegas and U.S., undocumented bear brunt ... Nov 22 Faith 2
premium shown online Nov '17 hal 1
News Hillary Clinton urges Congress to renew childre... Nov '17 anonz 5
Mail order from Blue Shield Nov '17 hal 1
News Study: Premiums for popular ACA plan up by 34 p... Nov '17 Cordwainer Trout 6
More from around the web