7M Enrolled Doesn't Guarantee Health ...

7M Enrolled Doesn't Guarantee Health Law's Success

There are 32 comments on the National Public Radio story from Apr 5, 2014, titled 7M Enrolled Doesn't Guarantee Health Law's Success. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Seven million people signed up, so there is an appetite for President Barack Obama's health care law, but that doesn't guarantee success for the country's newest social program Big challenges are lurking for the next enrollment season, which starts Nov. 15. Chief among them are keeping premiums and other consumer costs in check, and overhauling an ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#30 Apr 7, 2014
Anson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor big bird - great programs for our kids, but villified by the silly repubes.
The problem is far deeper than one of silliness. There's a fundamental misunderstanding about how our government works, based on the false premise that we should fund only those things that I as a taxpayer personally and uniquely ó a premise that assumes I alone understand what's in everyone's best interest or at least deserve to dictate how our revenue is distributed. For example, I could argue that since I watch Fox all day and all night, I have no time or interest in listening to NPR and disapprove of some of its programming, and so it should be defunded.
Les Claypool

Rowlett, TX

#31 Apr 7, 2014
Na, they just donít want to pay for other peopleís health insurance premiums. It has nothing to do with Fox, Bush, Reagan, race, religion or sexuality.
If Bert wants to sleep with Ernie, thatís their business. But if they want to steal Big Birds egg to make their breakfast and Big Bird doesnít agree, he should have a say in the matter. If Bert and Ernie want to eat, they need to get out of bed earn their own way. Itís not right to give to some at the forced expense of others.
Les Claypool

Rowlett, TX

#32 Apr 7, 2014
Na, they just donít want to pay for other peopleís health insurance premiums. It has nothing to do with Fox, Bush, Reagan, race, religion or sexuality.
If Bert wants to sleep with Ernie, thatís their business. But if they want to steal Big Birds egg to make their breakfast and Big Bird doesnít agree, he should have a say in the matter. If Bert and Ernie want to eat, they need to get out of bed earn their own way. Itís not right to give to some at the forced expense of others.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#34 Apr 7, 2014
What is success? What is progress?

Is AFFORDABLE CARE success? or Is affordable INSURANCE success?

Is an increase in tax payer subsidized insurance premiums a success?

Are higher co pays and deductibles a success?

IF 7 million without insurance actually signed up and paid a premium is 14% of the 48 million without insurance a success in year 4 of Obama Care???

The touting of the "success" is nothing but the move along nothing to see here crowd trying to make Obama Care go away as stated by the strategists and pundits. Make it seem like a success. The only way to make it seeeem like a success is actually call it one because too much spin will make most dizzy & nauseous. Notice how the leftist are trying to misdirect attention away from Obama Care by immediately linking it to the opposition that won't be able to use a "successful" program against the DemocRATs.

So when the leftist yell "success'-move along, nothing to see there.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#35 Apr 8, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>Who?? Bill RWANDA GENOCIDE BLACKHAWK MONICA Clinton? That bill Clinton?
It's been obvious for a long time, Pat gets under your fur, too. LMAO at the toothpix con clown cavalcade.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#36 Apr 8, 2014
This just in...

Fox reports its flawed policies a huge failure:
Obamacare, here to stay, is a huge success.

Proving that Fox News (if you'll allow the use of the term most reserve to denote dissemination of factual information ó and we know the Fox faithful do) demonstrated it can take a bashing as well as it can dish it when it announced yesterday its practice of reporting Obamacare to be a complete and total failure for more than a year on a, shall we say, multiple-times-per-hour basis is nothing less than a completely flawed policy, because even senior real-reporter-like Brit Hume conceded that there's no denying that Obamacare's a huge success. This is, of course, a momentous concession not previously witnessed since the great reality attack on the integrity of its reporting that fateful night of the last presidential election that the Fox faithful would prefer never to have happened. Will this newly-found realty catch on at Fox? The morning couch program with Steve Douchie, the hot leg model and the other nondescript guy will be the ultimate litmus test of such trickle down effect.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#37 Apr 8, 2014
kuda wrote:
This just in...
Fox reports its flawed policies a huge failure:
Obamacare, here to stay, is a huge success.
Proving that Fox News (if you'll allow the use of the term most reserve to denote dissemination of factual information ó and we know the Fox faithful do) demonstrated it can take a bashing as well as it can dish it when it announced yesterday its practice of reporting Obamacare to be a complete and total failure for more than a year on a, shall we say, multiple-times-per-hour basis is nothing less than a completely flawed policy, because even senior real-reporter-like Brit Hume conceded that there's no denying that Obamacare's a huge success. This is, of course, a momentous concession not previously witnessed since the great reality attack on the integrity of its reporting that fateful night of the last presidential election that the Fox faithful would prefer never to have happened. Will this newly-found realty catch on at Fox? The morning couch program with Steve Douchie, the hot leg model and the other nondescript guy will be the ultimate litmus test of such trickle down effect.
How many times does this make it, that fux has gone 'all-in' on something and horribly failed? LMAO.
Bee Eff Dee

Webster, MA

#38 Apr 8, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times does this make it, that fux has gone 'all-in' on something and horribly failed? LMAO.
FOX NEWS! FOX NEWS! SQUUUAAAAKKK!
Bee Eff Dee

Webster, MA

#39 Apr 8, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been obvious for a long time, Pat gets under your fur, too. LMAO at the toothpix con clown cavalcade.
So youve got nothing to rebut his point? As usual, you fail. Notice everyone in this thread ignored you too? Keep on Trollin!!!!
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#40 Apr 8, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
<quoted text>FOX NEWS! FOX NEWS! SQUUUAAAAKKK!
So the boy, who wants to police everyone ele's posts, posts back with off-topic nonsense. LMAO @ you boy.
Bee Eff Dee

Webster, MA

#41 Apr 8, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
So the boy, who wants to police everyone ele's posts, posts back with off-topic nonsense. LMAO @ you boy.
So its ok for your to spam off topic trash and not for others? Hypocrite much? Like i said before, too easy.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#42 Apr 8, 2014
Bee Eff Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Another off-topic reply by the hypocrite from massawhogivesashit? LMAO. You have conservative crapola derangement syndrome. Welcome to the fan club. LMAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mental health insurance FLORIDA Sun rab1976 1
News Trump gets Obamacare reform started Oct 19 Retribution 87
News 24 hours later, Senate health deal all but comp... Oct 19 Shirvell s Shrivel 3
News Pro-Trump states most affected by hisa Oct 16 WasteWater 1
News Analysis: How Trump is unraveling Obamacare pie... Oct 16 Retribution 17
News Pro-Trump states most affected by his health ca... Oct 16 indecentproposal 1
News A pilot insurance program covering undocumented... Oct 14 Wildchild 2
More from around the web