7M Enrolled Doesn't Guarantee Health ...

7M Enrolled Doesn't Guarantee Health Law's Success

There are 32 comments on the National Public Radio story from Apr 5, 2014, titled 7M Enrolled Doesn't Guarantee Health Law's Success. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Seven million people signed up, so there is an appetite for President Barack Obama's health care law, but that doesn't guarantee success for the country's newest social program Big challenges are lurking for the next enrollment season, which starts Nov. 15. Chief among them are keeping premiums and other consumer costs in check, and overhauling an ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#2 Apr 5, 2014
Winning is so sweet. Keep wishing and crying losers.

Obama always wins, LOL!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#3 Apr 5, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
It's very sick and nobody likes it.
Yes, when folks are sick they need health care. Duh.

We "like it" and cruzzie received examples of folks who"like it" too. Loll
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#4 Apr 6, 2014
Maybe they are having a problem with their new enrollees, because only 893,000 have actually paid. We were led to believe nearly all had paid. Not true. So what now? What happens when these people try to go to the Doctor? To a hospital? What a mess, and it will be even worse by October when Americans start thinking about their precious vote.
Cordwainer Trout

Brownsville, KY

#6 Apr 6, 2014
The Orwellian doublespeak isn't limited. The lies are getting better. There were much less than a million people enrolled in Obamacare, who had previously been uninsured. Hospitals continue to cut staff and put staff to part time. Doctors continue to leave the profession.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Apr 6, 2014
While the insurance industry will naturally want to increase its prices so it can continue to pay its executives their traditional outrageously obscene salaries and bonuses, it will also have to mediate its greed motive taking into consideration the fact that it's very existence in the healthcare equation is obsolete since a truly socialized model that would be a better, more cost-effective model, is its only real competition. Keeping third-party insurance companies involved in the ACA healthcare scheme was a necessary concession at the time and a big mistake from the broader view — and they know it.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Apr 6, 2014
Is Fox still propagandizing that Obamacare is a miserable failure? I suppose they might until November, but that flies in the face of the fact that most voters like Obamacare and the GOP knows it.

If they were smart — and that's if, not when — they'd now be shifting their main focus from Obamacare to badmouthing Hillary with 24/7 Benghazi propaganda in preparation for 2016.

Yes, I've finally managed to liberate myself from Fox's demonic keep through an intensive program of abstinence potentiated by maintaining a healthier diet of proper information and lots of exercise of logic.
Dubya Tee Eff

Webster, MA

#14 Apr 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Obama always wins, LOL!
First line of the article states "Seven million people signed up, so there is an appetite for President Barack Obama's health care law, but that doesn't guarantee success for the country's newest social program".... yet Marine Core Fraud claims its a win. Pat, its quite obvious you have never won anything in your life.\
lemme guess, you didnt even read the article that proves that the ACA is not and has not "won" anything and indeed still has very far to go to even see if its is revenue neutral and yet here you are, claiming victory.
At least read the first paragraph before you start on your predictable "Us is mo bettah than yous" diatribe. Its to the point that Im thinking you are nothing but a spam bot. Same shit, over and over without an original thought or idea.
Dubya Tee Eff

Webster, MA

#15 Apr 6, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when folks are sick they need health care. Duh.
We "like it" and cruzzie received examples of folks who"like it" too. Loll
I would have liked it if the President had told me the truth too. I dont "like" being lied to. You can keep that whether you "like" it or not.
Dubya Tee Eff

Webster, MA

#16 Apr 6, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>I think you meant "LYING is so SWEET" for you because democrats are liars. Even "liars of the year."
How's that make you feel, Lappy?
Like everybody says, "If you can't believe Obama and Sebelius, who can you believe?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA Almost anybody..else, BUT NOT THEM......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. .LOL
LIARS always finish last in the end.Lappy.
Lie of the Year? Par for the course with the Dems. They shrug it off and them immediately try to change the subject to something else. Dodge, duck and deceive. Lib playbook chapter 1.
-
Chapter 2? Blame Bush.
Cordwainer Trout

Brownsville, KY

#17 Apr 6, 2014
kuda wrote:
While the insurance industry will naturally want to increase its prices so it can continue to pay its executives their traditional outrageously obscene salaries and bonuses, it will also have to mediate its greed motive taking into consideration the fact that it's very existence in the healthcare equation is obsolete since a truly socialized model that would be a better, more cost-effective model, is its only real competition. Keeping third-party insurance companies involved in the ACA healthcare scheme was a necessary concession at the time and a big mistake from the broader view — and they know it.
The only good Communist is a dead Communist. You obviously don't know how anything works. Communists complain about "obscene salaries", but never apply it to their propagandists in Hollywood, or people like Al Gore, or Michael Moore.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#18 Apr 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Obama always wins, LOL!
You really get under the fur of that whiner from cheatum, massawhogivesashit. How quickly the crybaby forgot their 8-year balltlewhine of, it's clinton's fault. LMAO.

Obama got Osama!

#19 Apr 6, 2014
Dubya Tee Eff wrote:
<quoted text>First line of the article states "Seven million people signed up, so there is an appetite for President Barack Obama's health care law, but that doesn't guarantee success for the country's newest social program".... yet Marine Core Fraud claims its a win. Pat, its quite obvious you have never won anything in your life.\
lemme guess, you didnt even read the article that proves that the ACA is not and has not "won" anything and indeed still has very far to go to even see if its is revenue neutral and yet here you are, claiming victory.
At least read the first paragraph before you start on your predictable "Us is mo bettah than yous" diatribe. Its to the point that Im thinking you are nothing but a spam bot. Same shit, over and over without an original thought or idea.
You poor thing you... the article doesn't need to be read when we all know that OBAMACARE is a complete success. President Obama won again and I am so freaking happy about that.
Cordwainer Trout

Brownsville, KY

#20 Apr 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor thing you... the article doesn't need to be read when we all know that OBAMACARE is a complete success. President Obama won again and I am so freaking happy about that.
A little over 800,000 enrollees from the previously uninsured is not a success. The stupid lies of Democrats was that the whole thing was for the uninsured, who were already receiving necessary health care. America is an overwhelmingly drugged society; Obamacare is solely to support the pharmaceutical industries and keep a weakened people hooked on drugs.

Obama got Osama!

#21 Apr 6, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
A little over 800,000 enrollees from the previously uninsured is not a success. The stupid lies of Democrats was that the whole thing was for the uninsured, who were already receiving necessary health care. America is an overwhelmingly drugged society; Obamacare is solely to support the pharmaceutical industries and keep a weakened people hooked on drugs.
Crybaby loser talk from a crybaby loser… just STFU and go fix me a plate woman.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#22 Apr 6, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of these teahadists hanging out and acting out on toothpix are obviously overmedicated.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#23 Apr 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only sad thing about those who berate President Obama for ACA is that they do it mockingly because of their racism and have been brainwashed into repeating the fiction that he was motivated by evil intent. It's distasteful and insulting to belittle him in this fashion and they embarrass themselves by doing so.

Obama got Osama!

#24 Apr 6, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
The only sad thing about those who berate President Obama for ACA is that they do it mockingly because of their racism and have been brainwashed into repeating the fiction that he was motivated by evil intent. It's distasteful and insulting to belittle him in this fashion and they embarrass themselves by doing so.
I think that the shock of a Black man winning the Presidency in 2008, especially with them almost giddily confident that there was no way that a Black man with a Muslim name who was a “Community Organizer” that spend years in the Church of Reverend (GodDamnAmerica) Wright, who they said started his political career in the living room of Bill Ayers – just pushed them completely over the edge. The night that McCain gave his concession speech, as you looked over the crowd there was this look of dread, fear and disbelief as their racist subconscious worst fear was coming true:

They were no longer in control; no longer the majority.

And that caused a mental breakdown that there will never be a cure or remedy for…

And I love the fact that I can wake up every day and wallow in their misery. And there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it but suffer… WE WON!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#27 Apr 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the shock of a Black man winning the Presidency in 2008, especially with them almost giddily confident that there was no way that a Black man with a Muslim name who was a “Community Organizer” that spend years in the Church of Reverend (GodDamnAmerica) Wright, who they said started his political career in the living room of Bill Ayers – just pushed them completely over the edge. The night that McCain gave his concession speech, as you looked over the crowd there was this look of dread, fear and disbelief as their racist subconscious worst fear was coming true:
They were no longer in control; no longer the majority.
And that caused a mental breakdown that there will never be a cure or remedy for…
And I love the fact that I can wake up every day and wallow in their misery. And there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it but suffer… WE WON!
That's why they insist you can't really be a Marine, Obama can't really be President, Putin can't really be a weak leader, and they can't really be racist homophobes. Anything they don't want to acknowledge can't possibly be real, and that's what makes watching Fox so entertaining for the rest of us.
Les Claypool

Rowlett, TX

#28 Apr 6, 2014
I think the only guarantee in the US today is, if you work hard and make a few dollars legally, you are screwed.
Anson

Petaluma, CA

#29 Apr 6, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
DEFUND NPR.
Poor big bird - great programs for our kids, but villified by the silly repubes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Millennial women opposed to Trump take to stree... Jan 20 Rainbow Kid 1
Employer Health Insurance, How are rates determ... Jan 19 MarieCB 1
News Elizabeth Warren: The GOP's strategy for Obamac... Jan 17 JustAnObserver 1
News Obama blasts Bernie Bros for undermining ObamaC... Jan 17 swampmudd 33
News The Latest: Trump promises health insurance for... Jan 17 The Real Donald T... 4
News $0 deductible health insurance plans coming to ... Jan 15 bfrg1 4
News New York: Governor Andrew Cuomo Says Repealing ... Jan 6 lol 1
More from around the web