Health Insurance/Type II diabetes

Health Insurance/Type II diabetes

Posted in the Health Insurance Forum

Since: Sep 12

Oceanside, CA

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Hi. My name is Kelly, and I have just been diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I feel like my whole world is changing. I don't have health insurance, so I have to pay out of pocket. My doctor told me to go to [URL=" http://www.healthtestingcenters.com/a-z-blood... ;]this place[/URL] and have regular workups done and we will work from there. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can get health insurance? I'm really freaked out!
nihallmarsh

Lahore, Pakistan

#2 Nov 17, 2012
1. Yes, you should be concerned about health insurance.
2. Yes, you may be able to find a job that offers insurance. You'll have better luck with a large company VS a small one. All group insurance is guaranteed issue, but you may have an eligibility waiting period. You need to maintain "creditible coverage" until you obtain new insurance so that you won't have a preexisting exclusionary period. Actually, you can go 63 days without insurance before you have to worry about the exclusionary period.
3. Yes, your diabetes will make you uninsurable on the individual market, unless you live in one of the 5 states with guaranteed issue individual insurance.
However, consult a local agent. Some states have mandates that might be in your favor. Worst case scenario: Most states have a high risk insurance pool that is guaranteed issue. Some even base the premiums on your income. Contact your states insurance commissioner for assistance in applying.
4. If you have the opportunity to obtain insurance and don't....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) 20 hr OINK MOMBACH 246
News Repeal or retain? Election opens final act for ... Aug 22 Hostis Publicus 12
News Repeal or retain? Election opens final act for ... Aug 21 Stephany McDowell 1
Braces covered by health insurance? Aug 14 tuf4311 1
News Why it Matters: Issues at stake in election Aug 14 mar 1
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) Aug 4 Rock the Rock 61
Very upset with my situation.! Help, please (Feb '16) Jul '16 just axe me 9
More from around the web