Minnesota Facing Bigger Bill For State's Health Insurance Exchange

Nov 25, 2012 Full story: GantDaily.com 10

Minneapolis, MN, United States - Minnesota's state health insurance exchange will cost $54 million in 2015 to operate, according to the Gov.

Full Story
goose

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Nov 26, 2012
What a surprise! It will really cost more than we were led to believe?
Based on government "programs" that is always the case!
Fred

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 26, 2012
"The cost comes in at greater than earlier estimates of $30 to $40 million. The state would not have to find the money until 2015, when the state exchanges are required to be financially self-sustaining."

The up side that you fail to mention is that all MInnesotans will have access to affordable health care services as of 2014, something that should have happened decades ago.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Fred wrote:
"The cost comes in at greater than earlier estimates of $30 to $40 million. The state would not have to find the money until 2015, when the state exchanges are required to be financially self-sustaining."
The up side that you fail to mention is that all MInnesotans will have access to affordable health care services as of 2014, something that should have happened decades ago.
Fred, all Minnesotans have had affordable health care services for many years now. What has never been mentioned, many don't pay for the services they get, how much more affordable can you get -FREE!! I am guessing the DFL will simply make the Health and Human Services portion of the state's budget at 50% that should cover the short fall.
Fred

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Fred, all Minnesotans have had affordable health care services for many years now.
Absolutely untrue. I thought you were an honorable man - not true?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely untrue. I thought you were an honorable man - not true?
Fred: Show me a Minnesotan who could not get free medical attention from any emergency room in the state and I will personally, pro-bono, hire a lawyer for him/her and sue the shit out of them! I am, rarely wrong!
Fred

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Gladly.

Can a Minnesotan get prenatal care at an emergency room?

Can a Minnesotan get cancer treatment at an emergency room?

Can a Minnesotan get a flu shot at an emergency room?

I could go on and on.

Let's see if you are honorable and admit that you were wrong.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Fred wrote:
Gladly.
Can a Minnesotan get prenatal care at an emergency room?
Can a Minnesotan get cancer treatment at an emergency room?
Can a Minnesotan get a flu shot at an emergency room?
I could go on and on.
Let's see if you are honorable and admit that you were wrong.
Can a Minnesotan get open heart surgery at CVS Pharmacy's Minute Clinic?

No! That is obviously a Republican plot to prevent those that can only afford to go to Minute Clinic from getting open heart surgery and then dying.

Let's add more to your stupid list. Who else wants to throw some garbage out for Bob of Many Names to yell about?
Fred

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Obviously access to basic health care isn't a very big deal to you.

It is for most Americans.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#9 Nov 26, 2012
Fred wrote:
Obviously access to basic health care isn't a very big deal to you.
It is for most Americans.
Stop being such an idiot. It is our job as Minnesotans and Americans to make sure that every health problem is taken care of at the convenience of the individual.

Therefore, I declare war on CVS Pharmacies since they do not offer free open heart surgeries for those that need them but can not afford them.

I say we should get the Bakery Union members (since they have some time on their hands these days) to picket every CVS store in the country.

What say you?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#11 Nov 26, 2012
You calling yourself a man ??? LMAOROTFU~! Dojo BLOWHOLE ~!

No balls/brains, from the no show, dojo, blow hole !?? 3 weeks posting a WRONG LOCATION ??? LMAOROTFU~! Sorry pal, but it Hertz to be a little man, without courage or character, but you DO HAVE a "collectible" Corvair ! LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roberts: Health care is not a right (Jul '12) Oct 20 Sage 288
GOP head calls Brewer 'Judas' over Medicaid plan (Mar '13) Oct 19 Swedenforever 4
401(h) plans Oct 17 TJ Smith 1
Consumer Sentiment: Cheaper Gasoline Seems to T... Oct 17 Jeff Brightone 1
Retreat is 14th largest mental health provider ... Oct 10 PMG_Agency 11
Survey: Many U.S. adults support equal healthca... Oct 10 Guess Who 3
Health insurance Oct 10 CarsonMisek 2

Health Insurance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE