Pizza chain sued over healthcare for ...

Pizza chain sued over healthcare for gay couples

There are 58 comments on the WHTC story from Aug 27, 2014, titled Pizza chain sued over healthcare for gay couples. In it, WHTC reports that:

A former trainee manager at Little Caesars pizza in California sued the company for discrimination on Wednesday, accusing the Detroit-based chain of denying employees health insurance benefits for their legally wed same-sex spouses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHTC.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#1 Aug 28, 2014
This is a but of a surprise to me. The Illitch family doesn't strike me as the type that would discriminate like this. They're conservative, for sure, but they're also among the most generous philanthropists in the Detroit area. And Michael Illitch is a very wide awake business person. I'm surprised. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

I don't eat Little Ceasar's pizza anyway, but I'd back off of it for a while if I did.
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Aug 28, 2014
This presents a wonderful opportunity for We the People of the Gay Master Race to reward our Fundie-eating Kitties for dedicated service
Got Little Ceasar's Pizza?
Feed it to the Lions ;o)

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Aug 28, 2014
I don't know what it is about national take-out pizza chains, but they're ALL run by neanderthals. Herman Caine was typical. Little Ceasars is the same, and so is Dominos. I've been boycotting all of them since I was in college, which isn't saying much because their product sucks compared to most independent pizza shops.

The man's first problem is that he worked for Little Ceasars. Nevertheless, if it's the only job he can get in California, they should obey the law and treat employees equally. I'm surprised this hasn't already been litigated. Perhaps it's a vestige of ERISA and DOMA. ERISA needs to be updated to cover same-sex spouses pronto.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Aug 28, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
I don't know what it is about national take-out pizza chains, but they're ALL run by neanderthals. Herman Caine was typical. Little Ceasars is the same, and so is Dominos. I've been boycotting all of them since I was in college, which isn't saying much because their product sucks compared to most independent pizza shops.
The man's first problem is that he worked for Little Ceasars. Nevertheless, if it's the only job he can get in California, they should obey the law and treat employees equally. I'm surprised this hasn't already been litigated. Perhaps it's a vestige of ERISA and DOMA. ERISA needs to be updated to cover same-sex spouses pronto.
Patrick Doyle made $9,548,617 in 2013.
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/st...
Some Neanderthal. Bet he doesn't live in a cave.
Rinaldo

San Jose, CA

#5 Aug 28, 2014
Love Little Caesars!

Glad to see they don't pander to queers!

Think I'll get a pizza there tonight!

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 28, 2014
Rinaldo wrote:
Love Little Caesars!
Figures that you'd like garbage.
Xstain Mullah Franchisee

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Aug 28, 2014
Rinaldo wrote:
Love Little Caesars!
Translation: I have a mad crush on one of the pizza twirlers at my local Little Caesars.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#9 Aug 28, 2014
Years ago, a trip to Little Caesars for some bread sticks and marinara sauce caused the worst case of food poisoning that have ever experienced. I didn't eat pizza for over 10 years after that.

The sight of one of their stores still makes me cringe.
Rinaldo

San Jose, CA

#10 Aug 28, 2014
Quest wrote:
Years ago, a trip to Little Caesars for some bread sticks and marinara sauce caused the worst case of food poisoning that have ever experienced. I didn't eat pizza for over 10 years after that.
The sight of one of their stores still makes me cringe.
I call BS.

I've eaten there hundreds of times and the food was always fresh and delicious!

You most likely got sick from not washing your hands after you took a sh!t.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 29, 2014
Rinaldo wrote:
<quoted text>
I call BS.
I've eaten there hundreds of times and the food was always fresh and delicious!
All it takes is ONE bad batch. I hope you never have to deal with such a thing yourself.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 29, 2014
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear about that restaurant in Utah the other day, where one of the workers put lye in the iced tea dispenser ? DOPE ! They're lucky she wasn't killed by it.
Geesh - scary people.
HumanSpirit

Live Oak, FL

#14 Mar 1, 2015
The pizza company may have an interesting case on health care and homosexual diseases and the cost especially when the personality changes of individuals to homosexual behavior was caused by pharmaceutical mind drugs and that the government was aware of the changes

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#15 Mar 2, 2015
HumanSpirit wrote:
The pizza company may have an interesting case on health care and homosexual diseases and the cost especially when the personality changes of individuals to homosexual behavior was caused by pharmaceutical mind drugs and that the government was aware of the changes
You seem to be a case in point. Your meandering gibberish here is unintelligible.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#16 Mar 2, 2015
You won't laugh when you're sued next.

I'll laugh when they try to sue a Halal shop and wind up with their throats cut; that's why they sue Christians who turn the other cheek and tend to obey the rule of law.

Government licensed sex segregated marriage came to America by force of court order not legislation. Undemocratic, the in power group pushing D.C.'s marriage law on the rest of the nation without the consent of the governed. The end of religious freedom along with civilization sacrificed to the left's attack on family to empower federal government.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#17 Mar 2, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
You won't laugh when you're sued next.
They have to comply with the law, kiddo.
Brian_G wrote:
I'll laugh when they try to sue a Halal shop and wind up with their throats cut; that's why they sue Christians who turn the other cheek and tend to obey the rule of law.
Brian, how deep does your bigotry and idiocy run?
Brian_G wrote:
Government licensed sex segregated marriage came to America by force of court order not legislation. Undemocratic, the in power group pushing D.C.'s marriage law on the rest of the nation without the consent of the governed. The end of religious freedom along with civilization sacrificed to the left's attack on family to empower federal government.
Here's a clue. The courts dealt with the issue because the existing laws were unconstitutional. Were you not an idiot, you could validate your argument that the bans were constitutional. I am not holding my breath that you can do so.
Love Pizza Hate Queers

Maumelle, AR

#18 Mar 2, 2015
Rinaldo wrote:
Love Little Caesars!
Me too, I'm gonna order pizzas for everyone on my block:)

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#19 Mar 2, 2015
Love Pizza Hate Queers wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, I'm gonna order pizzas for everyone on my block:)
Just remember: There are queers living in several of those houses you're sending pizza to.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Mar 2, 2015
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember: There are queers living in several of those houses you're sending pizza to.
Speaking of pizza, I just recently past the halfway point of a scientific study I'm engaged in to see if it's possible to live on ONLY beer and pizza. And it's going very well !

:)

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#22 Mar 2, 2015
Cat Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I now avoid red meat, I strictly eat cats now:)
I'm an animal rights activist and a strict vegetarian for religious reasons.

I have 4 cats again, all rescues. And the latest edition is another 3-legged kitten I adopted this past November. her name is "TIANABAY" ! ":)
Rick Perry s Closet

Philadelphia, PA

#23 Mar 2, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Government licensed sex segregated marriage came to America by force of court order not legislation.
Hey jaysus troll, you have borne false witness again. "Stupid" is only a valid excuse the first three times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gauging the real risks and benefits of a medica... Aug 17 Spiralight 1
Health Insurance Survey Aug 14 jlmilli 1
News Governor's Address: Maine's Senators are out of... Aug 13 heisanutjob 15
News Study says Trump moves trigger health premium j... Aug 13 Covfefe 31
News Insurers accused of 'ageism' with extra charges... Aug 12 Still in pain 1
News Study: Trump actions trigger health premium hik... Aug 10 Crosshairs 8
News More Aug 4 anonymous 1
More from around the web