APA Issues Position Statements Suppor...

APA Issues Position Statements Supporting Transgender Care And Civil Rights

There are 6 comments on the ThinkProgress story from Aug 21, 2012, titled APA Issues Position Statements Supporting Transgender Care And Civil Rights. In it, ThinkProgress reports that:

Following up on guidelines generated by a report on transgender healthcare last month, the American Psychiatric Association has issued official position statements on the care and civil rights of transgender and gender non-conforming individuals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThinkProgress.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Psychiatry is a farce, it is based on enforcing stereotypes as if the stereotypes are indicative of reality. Psychiatrists should not be taken any more serious than numerologists. If you want to really know what's going on, ask a psychologist.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Psychiatry is a farce, it is based on enforcing stereotypes as if the stereotypes are indicative of reality. Psychiatrists should not be taken any more serious than numerologists. If you want to really know what's going on, ask a psychologist.
In my opinion,the best 'therapy'one can get is to find someone most like themselves to talk to;and,that isn't always easy.Stephenie

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3 Aug 21, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion,the best 'therapy'one can get is to find someone most like themselves to talk to;and,that isn't always easy.Stephenie
That is perhaps the perfect therapy ever, and one reason the internet has helped many people find such friends.

I'm just a tiny bit dick of people still attempting to give psychiatrists so much power in the US when they are wrong almost every time they stray from psychology sciences. The psychiatrists should have no control over anyone's lives, especially the trans community. You can't pidgeonhole humanity like they do.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4 Aug 21, 2012
That is almost an awesome typo in the first line of the second paragraph, but it was suppose to be "sick" in case anyone can't make sense of the sentence.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is perhaps the perfect therapy ever, and one reason the internet has helped many people find such friends.
I'm just a tiny bit dick of people still attempting to give psychiatrists so much power in the US when they are wrong almost every time they stray from psychology sciences. The psychiatrists should have no control over anyone's lives, especially the trans community. You can't pidgeonhole humanity like they do.
I couldn't agree more.Stephenie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is perhaps the perfect therapy ever, and one reason the internet has helped many people find such friends.
I'm just a tiny bit dick of people still attempting to give psychiatrists so much power in the US when they are wrong almost every time they stray from psychology sciences. The psychiatrists should have no control over anyone's lives, especially the trans community. You can't pidgeonhole humanity like they do.
I can't count how many times I wish I could find someone like myself to just cuddle up with and hug one another.Stephenie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Insurance Marketing in 2015: Tell Us What You T... Thu CarenGreen 2
News "Follow The Money" & "Blackmail": Conservative ... Wed Conspiraciesabound 4
Something to know about ObamaCare Jul 20 abb23 1
News Can same-sex marriage make America healthier? Jul 12 Pat 71
saving on medical costs Jul 8 GTOdad 1
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... Jul 4 Le Jimbo 14
Astronomical fines incurred by the healthcare i... Jul 3 GandalfGrey 1
More from around the web