Trash workers strike in Montgomery Co...

Trash workers strike in Montgomery County

There are 4 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 9, 2013, titled Trash workers strike in Montgomery County. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Newly unionized workers pressing for health benefits at a company that collects residential trash and recyclables for Montgomery County charge that the firm has retaliated by threatening them with immigration enforcement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Mercy

Gaithersburg, MD

#1 Sep 11, 2013
Something going on there now. All kinds of police and fire trucks. Airpark Road ... Can't tell what is up!
Mercy

Gaithersburg, MD

#2 Sep 11, 2013
7 am on 9/11/13.
Mercy

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Sep 11, 2013
News 7 says that a striker was hit by a trash truck driven by a temporary worker and in turn the other strikers attacked the temporary driver/worker.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#4 Sep 12, 2013
First of all, the company should be fined heavily if they didn't make all their employees fill out an I9 form before they were hired. Second, the Laborers union should get their heads out of their butts and stop supporting these illegal aliens. And third, these illegals can't be more out in the open than they are so why aren't they arrested, detained, deported or anything that would indicate that we aren't afraid to enforce our own laws? If we refuse to enforce our own laws what the hell good is it to make new laws? Hell we even have illegal aliens testifying in front of congress and we do nothing. We have illegal aliens assaulting peaceful anti illegal alien protesters and nothing is done. Enforce our damn immigration laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) Jun 23 Porch Honkey the ... 31
News Brown signs bill to help illegal immigrants buy... Jun 11 tomin cali 1
News Clinton Dumbfounded byRising Cost of Obamacare Jun 10 just axe me 2
Very upset with my situation.! Help, please Jun 9 just axe me 8
News California Dems Inch Closer to Extending Obamac... Jun 8 tomin cali 1
News Americans are more overweight than ever, CDC su... May '16 TimeforHonesty 9
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) May '16 Not Low Income Se... 241
More from around the web