President Obama apologizes to America...

President Obama apologizes to Americans who are losing their health insurance

There are 104 comments on the Washington Post story from Nov 8, 2013, titled President Obama apologizes to Americans who are losing their health insurance. In it, Washington Post reports that:

President Obama apologized Thursday to Americans who are losing their health insurance despite his repeated promises that they wouldn't , an unusual act of contrition for a president who has come under heavy criticism for misleading the public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Post.

serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#69 Nov 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So correct.
JFK
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
Liberal 2013
"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you."
Some years ago I believed that quote to be what we could to for the big state. I was wrong. The big state didn't exist back then and it was not many years before it became what we see now. LBJ and Teddy were two of the major spokes that set the wheels in motion to massive expansion that was building for a century.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#70 Nov 9, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
confirm with Fox News!
Don't put any credibility on Fux - didn't they get the last election all wrong?

I would bet they could not get the time correct.
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Cleveland, OH

#72 Nov 9, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>I dispise liars, they are the lowest of the low, no matter their skin color. If you want to put your trust in a lying two bit back stabbing con man thats fine with me but I won't.
Yes, them crooks on right-wing Media do lie at breakfast, lunch and dinner times.
Finally somebody from their own camp is telling it to them crooks on Fox News. Atta boy!

While at it:

_ Tell them that death-panel $h1t is old
_ Remind them we did not find WMD in Iraq
_ Remind them they did not accomplish any mission in Iraq
_ Remind them the unemployment rate never reached double-digit under Obama
_ Remind them that Obama beat another Republican ticket, AGAIN!

Yes, Rand Paul and Darryl Issa are lying right now!
Cat74

United States

#73 Nov 9, 2013
This is such a mess. They are no closer to a fix of the website today then they were a month ago, and far from how well they will be doing 6 months from now. They can't fix it. It has to be rewritten, and the arrogant SOB won't agree to that solution. He is insane.

Cleveland, OH

#74 Nov 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
This is such a mess. They are no closer to a fix of the website today then they were a month ago, and far from how well they will be doing 6 months from now. They can't fix it. It has to be rewritten, and the arrogant SOB won't agree to that solution. He is insane.
Don't worry, they'll fix it just in time for your boyfriend to sign up before January 2014. By the way, if your boyfriend speaks English, he can sign up by phone (phone lines are open).

OK?
Cat74

United States

#75 Nov 9, 2013
Thank God, my family is exempt from the Obama disaster plan. No one will ever sign up in the future. For $4 million dollars Colorado has signed 5 people, and for $6 million dollars D C has signed up 6 people. This would be funny if it wasn't so tragic for the people who are paying for it.

Cleveland, OH

#76 Nov 9, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Thank God, my family is exempt from the Obama disaster plan. No one will ever sign up in the future. For $4 million dollars Colorado has signed 5 people, and for $6 million dollars D C has signed up 6 people. This would be funny if it wasn't so tragic for the people who are paying for it.
Hold your horses, old fart. Obamacare won't be effective until January 2014.... It makes sense to sign up early, but people have no incentive to sign up early. Signing up or not, everybody in America will be covered under Obamacare, including your old wrinkled ass....
Cat74

United States

#77 Nov 9, 2013
Nope we are exempt thanks to the President. He has exempt thousands of people. My Parents are exempt because of their Union. So is my grandparents. Now my children will have to sign up some day if we don't kill Obamacae first. By that time Obamacare will be dead.
Curt Jester

Bohemia, NY

#78 Nov 9, 2013
"Oh, What Tangled Webs We Weave,
When First We Practice To Deceive!"
hungry male

Mount Vernon, KY

#80 Nov 9, 2013
i hate when people fart inside my office
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#81 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Hold your horses, old fart. Obamacare won't be effective until January 2014.... It makes sense to sign up early, but people have no incentive to sign up early. Signing up or not, everybody in America will be covered under Obamacare, including your old wrinkled ass....
Nope. More people will be without healthcare coverage than before Commie Care.
stormy

Bridgeport, WV

#82 Nov 10, 2013
If you like what is happening, and your still
going back to Bush, go for it! Most don't
care what idiots say, and its certain, your going to pay just like the rest of . Nothing or
anyone can fix what has been screwed up.

Put another one in office just like this one, soon
they won't have anything to give away, and another
country will take over your worthless backsides.
Would you care? Not as long it will be able to
feed and cloth you. Blame game will keep you in the game. Stupid is as stupid does. You deserve any and all that happens Hillary you can take
over in no time. Pity your children, never you

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#87 Nov 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>REPORT: 52 million Americans have lost or will lose health insurance...
'This is what betrayal looks like'...
Woman Who Championed Obamacare Stunned After Losing Insurance Plan...
Obama golfs 150th round...
Proof Dumbo?

Come on you useless SOS - give a link or shut up.

Cleveland, OH

#88 Nov 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. More people will be without healthcare coverage than before Commie Care.
Not true!

If Republicans really dislike freeloaders, they'll fight to amend ACA so penalty fees increased and enforcement more aggressive to a point where lien can put on the property of folks who've used the healthcare system without signing up for a plan, just like automobile insurance laws....
Bob

Indianapolis, IN

#89 Nov 10, 2013
The next lie that will come out of Obamas mouth will be "If you like your gun you can keep it".
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#90 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Not true!
If Republicans really dislike freeloaders, they'll fight to amend ACA so penalty fees increased and enforcement more aggressive to a point where lien can put on the property of folks who've used the healthcare system without signing up for a plan, just like automobile insurance laws....
That's apples and oranges. My mother never had automobile insurance. Neither did either of her parents. Why? None of them ever drove an automobile in their life.

So what does one do when they don't want health insurance--jump off of a bridge?

It's not the federal governments role to force citizens to buy anything. Anytime you use the words "government" and "force" in the same sentence, you better run for your life because you are about to lose more freedom.

This is not what the federal government in a free country is for. That's what they do in dictatorships or communist countries. Now I worry about my sister since she's a Cleveland Clinic employee. Thanks to Commie Care, she may lose her job. They are getting rid of 3,000 employees. She's worked there for over 25 years.

If you wish to solve a problem, you don't solve the problem and create four new ones in it's place.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger, on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Cleveland, OH

#91 Nov 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's apples and oranges. My mother never had automobile insurance. Neither did either of her parents. Why? None of them ever drove an automobile in their life.
You are not very bright; you are just regurgitating right-wing talking-points...

_ Every living person in America is prone to at least one health crisis throughout their lifetime; may it be a car accident, a terrorist attack (like one of those right-wing nuts gun violence attacks), an epidemic outbreak, a heart attack, etc. And, it's the law that hospitals take them in when they require emergency care. When the uninsured can't afford hospital bills, hospitals and Insurance companies are allowed to increase the premium of their customers to cover losses incurred due to their inability to collect from the uninsured.

_ I don't believe insured Republicans would want to pay more on their insurance premium to pay for those (willingly) uninsured folks. This is exactly the way it's been before Obamacare...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#92 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You are not very bright; you are just regurgitating right-wing talking-points...
_ Every living person in America is prone to at least one health crisis throughout their lifetime; may it be a car accident, a terrorist attack (like one of those right-wing nuts gun violence attacks), an epidemic outbreak, a heart attack, etc. And, it's the law that hospitals take them in when they require emergency care. When the uninsured can't afford hospital bills, hospitals and Insurance companies are allowed to increase the premium of their customers to cover losses incurred due to their inability to collect from the uninsured.
_ I don't believe insured Republicans would want to pay more on their insurance premium to pay for those (willingly) uninsured folks. This is exactly the way it's been before Obamacare...
This has nothing to do with everybody being insured. It's about government having control over more people.

Medicare and Medicaid hasn't been paying their full bill for many years for their patients which increases the cost of our private insurance, and Democrats never seemed to have a problem with it.

Once government has control over your health, they have control over you. Commie Care is just one step in that direction. Government will be able to tell you what or if you can smoke. What or if you can drink. What kind of food you are or are not allowed to eat. How much you can weigh, how much you have to exercise and so on.

You may wish to believe that or not, but look at what they are doing already. Trans-fats just got banned. In NY they tried to ban soda size. They are controlling how much salt a restaurant is allowed to use. Moochelle worked out a deal with the makers of Mars to stop selling large candy bars. DumBama stopped cigarette mail orders by the American Indians, and he even closed down many roll-your-own cigarette shops across the country.

Want to see what America will look like in the future, just look at what they do in Japan today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/...

Cleveland, OH

#93 Nov 10, 2013
Bob wrote:
The next lie that will come out of Obamas mouth will be "If you like your gun you can keep it".
Gun?

Instead of using gas and concentration camps, Supremacists are starving them Blacks by not hiring them, then arming folks to go after them Blacks as stray animals. Then, they put "stand your ground" laws on the book to legalize the genocide.

_ Black College student looking for help after his car broke down was chased and gun down by police for no reason
_ Black girl gun down in Detroit by home owner while looking for help after her car broke down

_ In their efforts to desensitize the public regarding the ongoing genocide, the supremacist Media act as an enabler. They are always quick to display picture of criminals when they happen to be Blacks; they don't often show picture of criminals from other ethnic groups.

_ God is laughing at this whole new holocaust game being played on "the land of the free."

_ Just like American Indians, I expect American Negroes to be pushed into some sort of segregated reservation, too. Maybe somewhere in Detroit or Chicago.....

Cleveland, OH

#94 Nov 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with everybody being insured. It's about government having control over more people.
Want to see what America will look like in the future, just look at what they do in Japan today:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/...
I thought China and Russia were Communist countries we did business with; is Japan a Communist country now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Insurance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Cross Blue Shield in Texas ... comments, r... (Sep '14) 12 hr JayCraswell 19
Health insurance Wed wendykroyxo 1
News New center shows surge in demand for children's... Wed Humanspirit 1
grace period Feb 21 KRYS 1
Another reason you got unexpected out of networ... Feb 16 JayCraswell 1
Disputing Medical Bills (Urgent Question (Jul '16) Feb 16 JayCraswell 2
News UPDATE 1-U.S. Senate confirms Rep. Price as hea... Feb 12 Captain Yesterday 15
More from around the web