State's Rights could trump ObamaCare

State's Rights could trump ObamaCare

There are 50 comments on the Wizbang story from Mar 13, 2010, titled State's Rights could trump ObamaCare. In it, Wizbang reports that:

Earlier this week, the Oklahoma House of Representatives passed House Joint Resolution 1054, by Reps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wizbang.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Why doesn't Oklahoma become their own country since they want to construe the 10th Amendment to opt out of every federal law including the new expansion of the federal hate crime bill (the part that includes gays)?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 18, 2010
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Mar 20, 2010
This would be a good bill. They need to do this.
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#4 Mar 20, 2010
Ignore that little fart face that made the first comments. He has no say in the matter. He is some idiot from florida. He can take care of florida and we take care of oklahoma.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Mar 20, 2010
Chuckie wrote:
Ignore that little fart face that made the first comments. He has no say in the matter. He is some idiot from florida. He can take care of florida and we take care of oklahoma.
Telling people to ignore me is not going to hide the truth. Apparently Oklahoma has an issue with the feds.
Higgans

United States

#6 Mar 21, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people to ignore me is not going to hide the truth. Apparently Oklahoma has an issue with the feds.
and, if u don't, then u're part of the problem.
less IS better

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Mar 21, 2010
Higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
and, if u don't, then u're part of the problem.
less IS better
That's a Republican scare tactic. Republicans have no problem with big government when it suits their agenda. They had no problem with socialism when it came to bailing out big businesses and wanting sodomy laws to stay and tell people what they could and couldn't do between consenting adults behind closed doors and telling people who they can and cannot marry.
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Mar 21, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people to ignore me is not going to hide the truth. Apparently Oklahoma has an issue with the feds.
Why are you worried about it then. The Feds will take care of it.
Higgans

United States

#9 Mar 21, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a Republican scare tactic. Republicans have no problem with big government when it suits their agenda. They had no problem with socialism when it came to bailing out big businesses and wanting sodomy laws to stay and tell people what they could and couldn't do between consenting adults behind closed doors and telling people who they can and cannot marry.
in other words, in ur world, two wrongs DO make a right...as long as ur side is committing the 2nd wrong...right?
less IS better
Deborah Lyne

Edmond, OK

#10 Mar 23, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a Republican scare tactic. Republicans have no problem with big government when it suits their agenda. They had no problem with socialism when it came to bailing out big businesses and wanting sodomy laws to stay and tell people what they could and couldn't do between consenting adults behind closed doors and telling people who they can and cannot marry.
Credentials: Master's student at the University of Central Oklahoma
Political: Independent
Owned a small business: yes, died in 2004 after people changed their spending habits after 911.
First, equalityboy81, you are right. The Republican Party has advanced their version of big government when it suited them as well as the Democrats. Both my parents are Republican, I hear from them all the time about the Republican excesses. However, two wrongs do not make a right. The question of health care is extremely complexes and affects every human being in this country one way or another. I am working part time right now working on my master's program so I can advance in my chosen profession and make a better life for myself. The doctor that I work for is just starting up her business after spending 150,000 for her doctor degree. When she finally gets it paid off with the entire she will have paid 350,000 for premium and interest. We accept Medicare. When a patient comes in we treat them no different than when a Blue Cross Blue Shield (caddy of insurance companies) comes in. We spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hours on every patient. For this service from Medicare we get... hold your breath... 18.00 to 32.00 per visit. How exactly is she going to pay herself and two staff members on this? I have crappy health care through my school that I pay for. If anyone would want some "help" it should be a part time working student. However, let me tell you. It is not "help". So here in Oklahoma (and you are right, we do not like the Fed) we would like to protect our way of life. It is our sense of self determination that make Oklahoma in such a good place right now (which we all really want to keep secret), Oklahoma City (sorry Broken Arrow) was just voted the BEST place for young people to come find and job and to start their live. Our housing market did not tank like FL (my brother lives in Jacksonville and follows the market). The key is you and the rest of the nation does not have OUR (Oklahoma) best interest at heart. If we are not going to look out for ourselves who will?
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Mar 23, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people to ignore me is not going to hide the truth. Apparently Oklahoma has an issue with the feds.
Oklahoma does not have a problem with the Feds mr gay activist. Oklahoma has a problem with people like you from some where else trying to tell us what we need to do. We do no need or want your input it is worthless. Try to do some thing with your own broken down state.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Mar 24, 2010
Higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words, in ur world, two wrongs DO make a right...as long as ur side is committing the 2nd wrong...right?
less IS better
What is wrong with being gay and wanting equal rights?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#13 Mar 24, 2010
Chuckie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma does not have a problem with the Feds mr gay activist. Oklahoma has a problem with people like you from some where else trying to tell us what we need to do. We do no need or want your input it is worthless. Try to do some thing with your own broken down state.
So you can be protected under the hate crime law because of your race and religion but I cannot be protected from hate crimes because of my sexual orientation? Yeah, makes a WHOLE lot of sense! Well I still have freedom of speech and Oklahoma is part of the U.S.(supposedly united) the last time I check (unless they want to become their own country) and I have a sexual orientation just like you do except mine seems to be the one that is victimized the most and I'm not supposed to be concerned if someone wants to kill me because of my sexual orientation? Your choice of religion is more worthy of being protected from a hate crimes than my sexual orientation, the way I was born?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14 Mar 24, 2010
Chuckie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma does not have a problem with the Feds mr gay activist. Oklahoma has a problem with people like you from some where else trying to tell us what we need to do. We do no need or want your input it is worthless. Try to do some thing with your own broken down state.
If it were blacks being discriminated against in Oklahoma blacks from other states would come to their aid I guarantee. Would you have an issue with that too? Why do you see it any different for gays in that situation? I have a problem with people like you that think it's okay to discriminate against someone because they are born different than the majority. That's very un-Christian and un-American.
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Mar 24, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can be protected under the hate crime law because of your race and religion but I cannot be protected from hate crimes because of my sexual orientation? Yeah, makes a WHOLE lot of sense! Well I still have freedom of speech and Oklahoma is part of the U.S.(supposedly united) the last time I check (unless they want to become their own country) and I have a sexual orientation just like you do except mine seems to be the one that is victimized the most and I'm not supposed to be concerned if someone wants to kill me because of my sexual orientation? Your choice of religion is more worthy of being protected from a hate crimes than my sexual orientation, the way I was born?
What does this have to do with Obama care?
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

#17 Mar 24, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were blacks being discriminated against in Oklahoma blacks from other states would come to their aid I guarantee. Would you have an issue with that too? Why do you see it any different for gays in that situation? I have a problem with people like you that think it's okay to discriminate against someone because they are born different than the majority. That's very un-Christian and un-American.
Let me get my violin out and play it for you. Would you feel better.
Homeschool Mom

Hampstead, NC

#18 Mar 24, 2010
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people to ignore me is not going to hide the truth. Apparently Oklahoma has an issue with the feds.
Oklahoma has a problem with being lied to and having rights crushed given to us by the constitution. No one cares if your gay, so what? I have the right to not have it thrown in my face 24-7. Go away!
Homeschool Mom

Hampstead, NC

#19 Mar 24, 2010
Ohh i like Deborah Lynne from Edmond. Your a smart girl. I would just add that today the top 3 or 4 cities in USA whose unemployment faired well during recession was on MSN, Oklahoma City was 3rd best. I live in North Carolina but Im from Oklahoma and about to buy a house there. North Carolina is a wreck.
Northside_Yo

United States

#20 Mar 24, 2010
Fed Law trumps State law.

End of line.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 24, 2010
Chuckie wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with Obama care?
I thought you were speaking of the hate crime law, sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Care Provider Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Health Care Facility for Underserved Orlean... (Nov '12) 23 hr Warvet 5
News Boone County man tests positive for Zika virus Jun 25 seh 1
News New name, new identity Jun 16 Fred 1
european commission approves cialis? (tadalafil... Apr '16 Miller 1
News Rome Hospital, Utica Community Health Center re... Mar '16 Cancer or a massage 2
News Richland County United Way Trying To Make Goal Feb '16 Concerned 1
News One Way To Solve The National Shortage Of Menta... (Oct '15) Oct '15 HumanSpirit 2
More from around the web