Study finds MDs not always honest wit...

Study finds MDs not always honest with patients

There are 2 comments on the York Dispatch story from Feb 8, 2012, titled Study finds MDs not always honest with patients. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

More than half admitted describing someone's prognosis in a way they knew was too rosy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Pottstown, PA

#3 May 3, 2012
Some I guess try the placebo affect. Others don't want to bill them. Others don't want to take a chance on getting stiffed on a bill so if there's little or no problem to treat there is less chance of not getting paid for sed treatment.

Pottstown, PA

#4 Aug 13, 2012
Rosy equals more chance the patient will proceed with the procedure or PROCESS. The medical care industry has to keep you interested in their over billing of third parties to keep money coming in.

Doctors will also lie with a negative prognosis as a scare tactic/motivation to keep you on an ify course of treatment and/or get you to do more ie give it that extra attention/determination on which the treatment truely depends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Care Policy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mental Health Care Could Look Really Different ... Oct 17 uyhhffukbij 1
News Did landmark laws from Congress enable high dru... Sep 30 zio-treason 8
News Sault Chamber suggests different approach Aug '16 Del 1
News Research focuses on health needs of gays, lesbians Jul '16 Sneaky Pete 4
News Mother with bipolar disorder lost her entire li... Jun '16 Strife84 1
News The Latest: Foes Plan Court Fight Over Indiana ... (Mar '16) May '16 davy 79
News Is single-payer healthcare dead in the U.S., or... (Apr '16) May '16 Le Jimbo 209
More from around the web