Patient dumping remains a concern for nation's EDs

Aug 26, 2012 Full story: American Medical Association

Despite the federal law that bars emergency departments from refusing to treat patients with acute medical conditions, lax enforcement and monitoring allow patient dumping to continue, argue the authors of a case study in the August Health Affairs .

Full Story
keepthesniffles

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Aug 28, 2012
Acute serious patients like this get dumped and yet supposedly there are patients crowding emergency rooms for the sniffles???-which is it?
Sick as a Dog

Altamonte Springs, FL

#2 Nov 15, 2012
Where can I get a batch of bootleg antibiotics? That's where this country is headed. I have the virus from hell and would gladly buy some right now after three trips to see a doctor at the Orange County Health Department and being turned down. Maybe this is one of the ways they intend to reduce the population to 10%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Care Policy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Too much bottled water might harm kids' teeth (Aug '12) Jul '14 DrMSohl 3
Officials push for smoking ban in North Jersey'... (Apr '14) Apr '14 GOOD 4
Political offers pour in for Canadian MD who de... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Responsibility 2
U.S. says Obamacare covers married gay couples ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Curteese 169
Tom Harkin: Cuba has 'a lower child mortality r... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Chris Kyle 31
Long-serving Congressman George Miller announce... (Jan '14) Jan '14 jiggy wiggy 1
Obamacare 'fix' creates new headaches, say insu... (Nov '13) Nov '13 conservative crapola 84
More from around the web