Headaches from ocean swimming?

Headaches from ocean swimming?

Posted in the Headache Forum

Jennifer Shinn

Berkley, MI

#1 Sep 2, 2008
Almost every time I swim in the ocean I begin to get a headache after around 20 minutes. It is usually in the back of my head, near the base of my neck, and sometime it even feels like the glands under my jaw are hurting. It never happens in swimming pools. I'm not sure what the factors are: waves hitting my head? tenseness? salt water? Does anyone have a similar story or have any ideas about what might be causing it?
Wanda M

Howell, NJ

#2 Sep 5, 2008
Didnít you think about direct exposure to sun? Sun in NJ during summer could be really dangerous.
http://www.cervicogenicheadache.medgrip.com
FEdward

Orlando, FL

#3 May 19, 2013
I have had the same thing happen a few times I believe it is due to dehydration. Other post have suggested a sinus connect. so far no luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Headache Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Got the flu? Here's what leads to recovery Jan 6 keikee 1
Chronic Daily Headache for 9 years (Mar '09) Dec '17 jeff 34
Severe headache after head bath. Expert advice ... (Aug '13) Nov '17 sinus4life 16
Headache after cooling down Oct '17 LAburn1018 1
Sitting Still Headache (Nov '11) Sep '17 Chiarigirl 3
sunct (May '11) Aug '17 Marcy 35
News Topamax Reduces Number Of Monthly Migraine Days... (Aug '06) Apr '17 jesposito 257
More from around the web