Marijuana may increase risk of schizo...

Marijuana may increase risk of schizophrenia,

There are 349 comments on the VietNamNet story from Jul 27, 2007, titled Marijuana may increase risk of schizophrenia,. In it, VietNamNet reports that:

Using marijuana seems to increase the risk of a psychotic illness such as schizophrenia, according to a stuy in media reports Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at VietNamNet.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#1 Jul 27, 2007
It's obvious from the first time you smoke marijuana that paranoia is a possible feature of the effect it causes. In most users however it that negative aspect isn't severe and is outweighed by the benefits. You see the world anew. You learn things you wouldn't have learned in your normal state. The sprirtual realm of the world is opened. If you pay attention you will learn that this is a spiritual, not a physical world.
Marijuana abuse, smoking it constantly, smoking it to party, combining it with alcohol, etc, is not good for people.
In 1907 drugs were legal. Heroin, opium, marijuana, mushrooms, you name it.
In 1907 the US population was 87,000,000. There were 236 murders. In 2005 the US population was about 4 times that number but murders had increased 80 times to 16,137. There were a lot of reasons for that and many would say drugs were one of the biggest reasons but more realistically, the prohibition of drugs, is what caused the increase. When you make it ridiculously profitable to sell drugs illegaly decent people don't benefit, scumbags do. The war on drugs is such a huge moneymaker throughout the world. So much so that in smaller countries in central and south america it has turned entire countries upside down. The scumbags who refuse to work and who would kill their own mother for money, have all the money. The decent working people who don't break the law, suffer.
If the war goes on long enough the same will be true here. Who is behind the scenes of the war on drugs, scumbags. Scumbags of a very high order however, leaders of countries, secret agencies of governments. People who would kill their own mothers for money and power.
Any substance that makes people feel good or loving, or that could cause an actual religious or spiritual experience is immediately made illegal in the USA.
It then becomes a profit center for scumbags and users are considered criminals (why? Think about it, why?) and put in jail. In jail we spend billions supporting them while they are trained to actually become criminals, then they are released.
End the war for profit against victimless crimes and end our soaring crime rate and turn the world rightside up again. When you read an article like this stupid article think of the cigarette commercials where someone is sailing a boat on the ocean with fresh air blowing through their hair. It's the same kind of thing. They are selling death for profit.
The war against drugs is making a lot of scumbags a lot of money. It is turning our world completely upside down. Don't allow it to happen anymore. End the wars on victimless crimes. End the war on drugs.
Sarcasm

United States

#2 Jul 27, 2007
And Bush and the Clintons and Obama bin Laden smoke it...just listen to them...high on something...

The whole Skull & Bones Society smoke it..
Linda

United States

#3 Jul 27, 2007
I agree,Make it legal for Gods sake! Its like when you were a kid,you could only have one ice cream,and you thought just wait till iam grown ill eat as many as i wont...Now your grown and don't wont but one ice cream..the same with drugs..Now its agnest the law and you say ill get it if i wont to,But legal you would say well i don't seem to want it as bad now..Some enjoy it and some don't,Pot iam talking about,some need it for different health reasons..I think as soon as they figure out a way to tax it then all would be fine with our Gov lol..
west of the rockies

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2007
If this current generation taught by the Viet Nam demonstrators want to smoke them selves and their kids to death, let them dot it. The generation of the clinton drug runners and Senator John Kerry, Kennedy, Pelosi, Reid you can tell these people are heavy drug users and probably market it.

Alot of the co-clintons associoates from arkansas met their death because of drug dealing. The number of pardons clinton gave were his former business partners in drug dealing. He had to let them go or they would talk or be murdered like hillarys lover Vince Foster.

There are the dealers and the stupid users.
west of the rockies

United States

#5 Jul 27, 2007
Some of those pardoned by the co-clintone were responseable for the Twin Towers murder and destruction.

America wake up the clintons are not to be allowed in the white house again. It is hard to know where their alliance lies. I do not think it is with america.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 27, 2007
How can you have a crime if there is no victim?Smoking pot is a victimless crime, which means it isn't really a crime.
It is illegal because there is so much profit to be made by scumbags. If the government legalizes and taxes it the whole country benefits from the taxes. By keeping it illegal the scumbags get all the profits.
We need to legalize all victimless crimes. Prostitution is another example.
I'm talking here of voluntary prostitution. A woman should be able to rent her body our for pleasure if she wants, it's her body.
By making it illegal scumbags profit.
Forcing someone into prostitution should be prosecuted on another level, like rape.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jul 27, 2007
IS THEIR SOMEONE BEHIND ME??????????

“Fight Terrorism Buy Domsestic”

Since: Dec 06

Hippiegene

#8 Jul 27, 2007
The twin Towers happened under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch.The 1.3 TRILLION Social Security give away,was under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch. The 4,000 plus DEAD TROOPS,tens of thousands maimed and crippled,physically and mentally, in IRAQ and Afdopistan,are a result of the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch.612 Tons of Heroin left Afdopistan 2006,their record year a 40% increase,after we invaded,AFDOPISTAN,this is already in your school systems.This was under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLAN BUSHS watch. Last year 2006,--$35 Billion Dollars-- were made from the agriculture of Marijuana in the United States.It is the Largest Cash Crop in North america and will reamin so under the RED-PUBLI-KKLAN Bushs watch. I don't think Hillary could screw up any worse than the Bush regime. Who would you put in office Jeb?
west of the rockies wrote:
Some of those pardoned by the co-clintone were responseable for the Twin Towers murder and destruction.
America wake up the clintons are not to be allowed in the white house again. It is hard to know where their alliance lies. I do not think it is with america.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#9 Jul 27, 2007
good comment gomer. btw,who is the women you love so much? I think I do too.
I don't think the fact that Bush and company are terrible justifies putting evil incarnate in office.
what can be done? no one can win a presidential election unless they are 100% willing to sell out to international profit mongering criminals. then, if they change heart and decide to try and expose the corruption, they join the Kennedy's. in Hillary's case however she doesn't just sell out to criminals, she is one.
What does it take for Americans to stop voting for the politicians presented to us on the TV? We are dumbed down in government schools and then told what to do for the rest of our lives.
It's not hopeless though. The nourishment of the beast is money. When you buy into the bigger house, bigger car, nicer clothes, rolex watch, kind of things you become a slave and a contributor to the machine. If you live a simple life, small car, small house, no debts, no taxes paid to the corrupt war mongers in Washington, you have performed a service in life.
Unfortunately though, with this kind of life, you probably won't get the girl in the pic.

“Snooze you lose”

Since: Mar 07

Sunnyvale, CA

#10 Jul 27, 2007
Even the researchers of this study admit they could be putting the cart before the horse.
It could be the case that people seeking relief from mental illness turn to drugs (and alcohol). There is no cause and effect proven by this study at all.

There are many who absolutely depend on marijuana.

My wife was prescribed marijuana and uses it on a daily basis to deal with chronic nausea (usually via a vaporizer). She takes two other prescription nausea meds daily also, compazine and zofran, both of which have worse side-effects than marijuana. Ingesting marijuana allows her to use less of the other two prescribed drugs. It's also much less expensive. Zofran pills are about $50 each if we didn't have insurance. Until recently even with insurance we were paying about $4/pill.
Erin

Gainesville, FL

#11 Jul 27, 2007
west of the rockies wrote:
Some of those pardoned by the co-clintone were responseable for the Twin Towers murder and destruction.
America wake up the clintons are not to be allowed in the white house again. It is hard to know where their alliance lies. I do not think it is with america.
Clinton's told Bushit about the things thats been happening, every president spends time with the other candidat to tell him what has been going on. Bushit didn't do anything to stop it or defend this country. He was in office a year when that happened, plenty of time to have some kind of plan. And right republicans are not looking to good either so I wouldn't bet on that and you can thank Bushit for that one. He has put himself and the rest of this country in shame, he has humiliated America the whole time he's been in office. One lie after another, being other peoples puppet. Misleading the country. If that is who you choose to stand behind that take a good wiff cause it just plain of stanks.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#12 Jul 27, 2007
yes, well put workerbeedrone. I guess newspapers just publish crap like this for readership. you could make lettuce look bad if you did enough studies enough different ways.
I just can't believe marijuana is still illegal. I haven't smoked any for 30 some years but I still haven't seen any harm come from it except the harm done by the prohibition.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jul 27, 2007
gringojoel wrote:
good comment gomer. btw,who is the women you love so much? I think I do too.
I don't think the fact that Bush and company are terrible justifies putting evil incarnate in office.
what can be done? no one can win a presidential election unless they are 100% willing to sell out to international profit mongering criminals. then, if they change heart and decide to try and expose the corruption, they join the Kennedy's. in Hillary's case however she doesn't just sell out to criminals, she is one.
What does it take for Americans to stop voting for the politicians presented to us on the TV? We are dumbed down in government schools and then told what to do for the rest of our lives.
It's not hopeless though. The nourishment of the beast is money. When you buy into the bigger house, bigger car, nicer clothes, rolex watch, kind of things you become a slave and a contributor to the machine. If you live a simple life, small car, small house, no debts, no taxes paid to the corrupt war mongers in Washington, you have performed a service in life.
Unfortunately though, with this kind of life, you probably won't get the girl in the pic.
Thanks, that's my friend, Scarlett..

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#14 Jul 27, 2007
Jerry Garcia wrote:
The twin Towers happened under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch.The 1.3 TRILLION Social Security give away,was under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch. The 4,000 plus DEAD TROOPS,tens of thousands maimed and crippled,physically and mentally, in IRAQ and Afdopistan,are a result of the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch.612 Tons of Heroin left Afdopistan 2006,their record year a 40% increase,after we invaded,AFDOPISTAN,this is already in your school systems.This was under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLAN BUSHS watch. Last year 2006,--$35 Billion Dollars-- were made from the agriculture of Marijuana in the United States.It is the Largest Cash Crop in North america and will reamin so under the RED-PUBLI-KKLAN Bushs watch. I don't think Hillary could screw up any worse than the Bush regime. Who would you put in office Jeb? <quoted text>
You silly bastad. Don't dare put politics in what is purely an economic issue. Dope has been here regardless of who was president,what party had congress,and what drug czar was appointed by whom. If you wish to show your ignorance to the world,for God's sake change your isp to some place outside the US. The world thinks we are all stupid as it is. Don't re-inforce their belief. You might be better off if you put down the bong man. If smoking leads to this kind of convoluted train of thought.
JRA

Deland, FL

#15 Jul 27, 2007
Gringojoel, I may be wrong. Let me know if I am. Are you my boy? Did you grow up on a lake? Attend a Catholic highschool? Was your first car a Subaru? Did you sometimes drive your parent's Ford minivan?
By the way, even if you aren't who I think you are I agree with you on this thread. Especially the part about Scarlett.
My initials should clue you in to who I am.
Dave

United States

#16 Jul 27, 2007
Marijuana is a psychoactive drug. People use it for its effect on the mind. In Psychiatric people they use drugs to control the pschotic activity of the mind. Psychosis and psychoactive drugs are a bad mix.
more deaf than dumb

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jul 27, 2007
More "Reefer Madness" type propaganda
Jesse

Auburn Hills, MI

#18 Jul 27, 2007
more deaf than dumb wrote:
More "Reefer Madness" type propaganda
I think you're right. Notice though that if the headline read "Marijuana may not increase risk of schizoplhrenia" that it means exactly the same thing as "Marijuana may increase risk of schizophrenia". When you burn the herb, you can see so much more clearly through the B.S.
west of the rockies

United States

#19 Jul 27, 2007
Erin wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton's told Bushit about the things thats been happening, every president spends time with the other candidat to tell him what has been going on. Bushit didn't do anything to stop it or defend this country. He was in office a year when that happened, plenty of time to have some kind of plan. And right republicans are not looking to good either so I wouldn't bet on that and you can thank Bushit for that one. He has put himself and the rest of this country in shame, he has humiliated America the whole time he's been in office. One lie after another, being other peoples puppet. Misleading the country. If that is who you choose to stand behind that take a good wiff cause it just plain of stanks.
You are so full of shit clinton passed on the burden to the next president after he had pardoned the fellow that brought down the Twin Towers. Do not defend clinton you will be a loser.
west of the rockies

United States

#20 Jul 27, 2007
Jerry Garcia wrote:
The twin Towers happened under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch.The 1.3 TRILLION Social Security give away,was under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch. The 4,000 plus DEAD TROOPS,tens of thousands maimed and crippled,physically and mentally, in IRAQ and Afdopistan,are a result of the RED-PUBLI-KKKLANS BUSHs watch.612 Tons of Heroin left Afdopistan 2006,their record year a 40% increase,after we invaded,AFDOPISTAN,this is already in your school systems.This was under the RED-PUBLI-KKKLAN BUSHS watch. Last year 2006,--$35 Billion Dollars-- were made from the agriculture of Marijuana in the United States.It is the Largest Cash Crop in North america and will reamin so under the RED-PUBLI-KKLAN Bushs watch. I don't think Hillary could screw up any worse than the Bush regime. Who would you put in office Jeb? <quoted text>
Because the sorry bastard with a last name of cli9nton pardoned theperson that flew those planes into the twin towers. It may have happened under a republican administrastion but it was planned by a democrat administration. Do not hide under a name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hallucinations Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Low-Carbohydrate Diet Superior to Antipsychotic... Sep 30 Humanspirit 2
Do hallucinations usually get worse over time? Apr '17 Xaviir 1
Hallucinations (Jan '14) Oct '16 muffet888 2
test (Mar '06) Jun '16 imfucked 2
hallucinations caused by medication (Dec '09) Jun '16 imfucked 3
Hallucinations forced into my brain. (Jun '16) Jun '16 imfucked 1
News Beware safety risks posed by 'off-label' drug use (Nov '15) Nov '15 4 Mark 1
More from around the web