furry human tongue

Nov 4, 2010 Full story: FashionUK

I always found that after brushing my teeth it was easy to rinse out my mouth then brush my tongue until clean.

Full Story

Since: May 07

Reseda, CA

#1 Nov 8, 2010
Do you brush the roof of your mouth too? Try that, it should help. Tongue scraping (and brushing) alone won’t fix your white tongue and your breath. It depends on the shape and texture of your tongue, diet and a bunch of other things. Also, you can hurt your tongue if you scrape it too hard. You have to clean your tongue correctly. You can check out more about tongue coating here http://www.therabreath.com/art_whitetongue.as... and find out more about that yucky gunk on your tongue too.
For the back of your tongue, try using a mouthwash without alcohol in it, that should help too. Try any of Therabreath’s mouthwashes. None of them contain alcohol and they are safe enough to swallow.
Look for oxygenating toothpaste and mouthwashes if you want to eliminate your bad breath problem. You may also have what is known as a “geographic tongue”, a tongue that has multiple grooves and fissures in it. These are harder to clean, but keep at it and change your mouthwash and toothpaste. When brushing, coat your tongue with toothpaste first and let it sit while you brush normally. Then rinse it off when you rinse the rest of your mouth. For best results, use an oxygenated oral rinse. That, along with the other steps outlined here, should solve the problem.
I hope this helps!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halitosis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I got to the root of my halitosis problem (Aug '07) Dec 21 ans 82
How Bad Is Your Breath? 14 Simple Tips For Redu... (Feb '06) Dec 11 stinker 617
Bad breath buster (Aug '06) Nov 30 Lee 9
Oil pulling: Holistic technique believed to imp... (Jun '14) Nov 29 Lee 5
Halitosis due to GI illnesses (Feb '08) Nov 29 Lee 34
Morning Breath Sucks Oct '14 Mighty Mouse 1
How to tame bad breath Oct '14 renedchase 4
More from around the web