Please, brush your tongue

Please, brush your tongue

There are 3 comments on the Daily Monitor story from Dec 1, 2010, titled Please, brush your tongue. In it, Daily Monitor reports that:

Cathy is reluctant to brush her tongue because whenever she does, it makes her gag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Monitor.

Since: May 07

Reseda, CA

#1 Dec 6, 2010
Yes, it is important to brush your tongue, but I know that people with a sensitive gag reflex can really hate having to do it. Itís also important to brush the roof of your mouth too. Tongue scraping (and brushing) alone wonít fix bad breath and/or if you have white tongue. It depends on the shape and texture of your tongue, diet and a bunch of other things. Also, you can hurt your tongue if you scrape it too hard. You have to clean your tongue correctly. You can check out more about tongue coating here and find out more about that yucky gunk on your tongue too.

For the back of your tongue, try using a mouthwash without alcohol in it, that should help too. Try any of Therabreathís mouthwashes. None of them contain alcohol and they are safe enough to swallow.

Since: Nov 10

Hurstville, Australia

#2 Dec 13, 2010
ive always brushed my tougne, it can be uncomfortable, But just 1 of thoses things you gotta do for good hygene

Since: Aug 10

Guilin, China

#3 Dec 31, 2010
brush the tongue can prevent bad breath, but it would be worse for your teeth if youíre throwing up every night after brushing! Lots of germs hang out on the tongue so brushing that area of the mouth routinely is good fro overall oral hygiene. Try brushing the front part of the tongue, donít go too far back. You may gag less or not at all. Lol!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halitosis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Bad breath caused by low stomach acid (Feb '15) Thu Sufferer 3
News How Bad Is Your Breath? 14 Simple Tips For Redu... (Feb '06) Sep 28 Artist1234 626
News When mouthwash can actually make bad breath WORSE (Jun '13) Aug '15 RaymondSalazar 11
News How to beat a sinus infection and live to talk ... (Dec '12) Jul '15 miracle 4
Halitosis due to GI illnesses (Feb '08) Jul '15 elvisking 37
News How To Cure Bad Breath (Dec '11) Jul '15 mason 7
News Sex life leaving a bad taste in your mouth? (Mar '13) Jul '15 linalines 19
More from around the web