How Bad Is Your Breath? 14 Simple Tip...

How Bad Is Your Breath? 14 Simple Tips For Reduce Mouth Odor

There are 637 comments on the Health and Fitness Information Network story from Jan 17, 2006, titled How Bad Is Your Breath? 14 Simple Tips For Reduce Mouth Odor. In it, Health and Fitness Information Network reports that:

Bad breath, morning breath, breath odor or halitosis are all terms used to describe a noticeably unpleasant odor exhaled on the breath.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Health and Fitness Information Network.

HEYYY

West Palm Beach, FL

#148 Sep 15, 2007
Amin wrote:
I've tried some of the above. These are the ones that worked for me (I've used them one at a time not together):
-activated charcoal tabs
-milk thistle (on a long term basis)
-acidophilus and bifidus. The make CP-1,I find the best, as it has 25 billion guaranteed active strains (long term and on an empty stomach)
-liquid vit A rubbed on gums or contents of vit A capsule. It's very efficient on a cold sore too.
I also make sure I brush my tongue well after brushing my teeth.
And I find when I eat too much junk food, my breath gets worse, so I try to avoid it.
I've seen this book - http:fixitnaturally.com/badbre ath.html - being advertised on the net which seems really interesting.
It says you shouldn't use toothpaste and never use a mouthwash!
Has anyone bought it and can tell us whether it's worth it?
I started taking charcoal activated today.....how long did it take for you to see the results?

Since: May 07

United States

#149 Sep 17, 2007
Are you using Therabreath the proper way? What I usually do is brush, rinse, floss and then rinse again. You could also try Therabreath Plus for extra strength. I also recommend that you see a dentist so you know where the problem is exactly coming from. I've used therabreath and it has worked for me. I continue to use it. For more info see drkatz.wordpress.com . Hope this helps.

“OWNERS CHOICE = PATRONS CHOICE”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#150 Sep 17, 2007
Most folks usually can not smell my cigarette breath, unless I have just smoked it....

I use a tongue scraper....it is designed to remove the bacteria from the back of your tongue... I also brush the roof of my mouth (side to side) swipes. Along with every thing else... Plaque remover, reg. brushing, flossing, mouth rinse. the whole drill....twice a day.(at least).

Celery is a natural breath cleanser.
bismark owusu

Satellite Provider

#151 Sep 19, 2007
when i was young anytime i talk i hear bad smell from my mouth please to help me .this is my email adress,[email protected] ase i want the name of the medicine.please

Since: May 07

United States

#152 Sep 20, 2007
bismark owusu wrote:
when i was young anytime i talk i hear bad smell from my mouth please to help me .this is my email adress,[email protected] ase i want the name of the medicine.please
Hi, have you ever tried therabreath? I had bad breath for a long time and it worked for me. Try their PLUS solution, it is stronger and it eliminated my bad breath. Check out all therabreath products on their website> http://www.therabreath.com .
antonio

Kingston, Jamaica

#153 Sep 20, 2007
Eileen,the way in which U answered the concerns of "EMBARACED" COULD HAVE BEEN LESS HARSH.U COULD HAVE HAD LOWERED THEIR SELF-ESTEEM.THEY COULD HAVE JUST DECIDED TO GET HELP AND THEN "BRAP" ULET THEM LOOSE. TRY TO BE MOR CALM IN UR RESPONSE TO PEOPLE. PLEASE
sad to be smelly

Las Vegas, NV

#154 Sep 20, 2007
I have been dating my boyfriend for 9 years and he has always said my breathe smells, and I thought it was because I eat garlic and smelly foods. I would brush and floss about 5 times a day. He would tell me that it is something wrong with my stomach and it is not my teeth because I have went to the dentist many times. He told me my breathe is very awful in the morning. So I started realizing my breathe does stink. I felt my esophagus wheezing and i can actually taste it. I have went to the doctors and they gave me antibiotics, allergy pills, and flonase, and pepcid for gerd. Nothing is working. Can anyone help me? It smells like sulfur! And feels awful. Help.

Since: May 07

United States

#155 Sep 24, 2007
sad to be smelly wrote:
I have been dating my boyfriend for 9 years and he has always said my breathe smells, and I thought it was because I eat garlic and smelly foods. I would brush and floss about 5 times a day. He would tell me that it is something wrong with my stomach and it is not my teeth because I have went to the dentist many times. He told me my breathe is very awful in the morning. So I started realizing my breathe does stink. I felt my esophagus wheezing and i can actually taste it. I have went to the doctors and they gave me antibiotics, allergy pills, and flonase, and pepcid for gerd. Nothing is working. Can anyone help me? It smells like sulfur! And feels awful. Help.
Hi sad to be smelly. Did you try going to the dentist? The first thing you have to do is be able to determine where the problem is coming from. It is good that you brush five times a day. I suggest using products that were created specifically for bad breath. Regular mouthwash contains alcohol, a drying agent, and regular toothpaste contains a harsh detergent called sodium lauryl sulfate. I suggest trying Therabreath plus. I've used their products and it really has helped a lot with my bad breath. Therabreath plus is the stronger formula and might be the one that you need. It was created specially for chronic bad breath sufferers like you. Hope this helps! Get more info at http://www.therabreath.com .

Since: May 07

United States

#156 Sep 24, 2007
Also, you might have post nasal drip. Try Therabreath PLUS nasal-sinus spray. Get more info from the website.
HEYYY

West Palm Beach, FL

#157 Sep 24, 2007
Phil_R wrote:
Also, you might have post nasal drip. Try Therabreath PLUS nasal-sinus spray. Get more info from the website.
r u a therabreath rep??
cuz honestly that thing does not work!!
ItÂ’s a Big waste of money!
fishy breath

West Palm Beach, FL

#158 Sep 24, 2007
does anybody has a fishy smell on their saliva??
i tried the wrist licking test after brushing my teeth and i got a really awful fishy smell :(
has it happened to anybody?
jessica

Asheboro, NC

#159 Sep 26, 2007
some of u want to kill urself because of bad breath? yall need to get mental help b4 u even think bout a dentist.

Since: May 07

United States

#160 Sep 27, 2007
No I'm not a rep. Just got really good results.
shocker

United States

#161 Sep 28, 2007
shocker that phil_r decided not to plug therabreath on his last comment
Just Blaze

Los Angeles, CA

#162 Sep 29, 2007
After enjoying your favorite smoke and feeling good, and then that smoke breath starts to kick in. That really was annoying for me until I stumbbled across this smoker's chewing gum, called smoke screen. Men! what a relief, I never knew that this kind of gum existed. I recommend this gum to every single smoker on this planet, I swear on my life, any smoking who tries it, will never have to worry about that smoke breath anymore. I came across this gum at
http://www.smokehousemall.com
Just Blaze

Los Angeles, CA

#163 Sep 29, 2007
kakaroto wrote:
Hi I also have bad breath and it does not matter how much I brush and wash my mouth it still stinks literally 24*7, I use Therabreath , clorexidine , peroxide, yougur , k12 probiotics, saline solution , nasal irrigator , tongue scraper and every type of mouth wash there is and nothing seems to work the horrible smell wont go away not even for a minute , I remember one time that I used clorexine somebody on the bus said it smells like rotten limon in here ,I felt so bad , my breath is so bad that people mell it several feet away I can tell by the way they cough or cover their nose , I ask my girlfriend to be honest she said some wierd smell comes out of my nose, even when my mouth is closed and even if I dont talk or breed and this is the strange part of the problem some times I hold my breath when I walk across people and they cough I ask my girlfriend she said it smell even if I dont breed and it gets alot worst when you swallow I ask my best friend and my mon and they said I had to check my self out cause you smell very strange , I had this problem for 5 years now and it already become critical.
. I even had my tonsils removed and I also drink alot of water every day so my mouth is not dry , my tongue has a white film on it ,
the symtoms I have are , white film on my tongue , post nasal drip , I dont take any medications for this I use to take some medication that dried my mouth it just made it worst.
For the post nasal drip I have am going to see a nose , ear , throat specialist to see if its related to my badbreath I also have a big nasal polyp on the left side of my nose, that I believe could be related to my post nasal drip
my social life became hell , and I need help please .
You may want to try "Smoke screen" is a chewing gum made specially for smokers. It worked for me. I stumbbled across the gum at this link:
http://www.smokehousemall.com
kenrit

Rohnert Park, CA

#164 Sep 30, 2007
kakaroto wrote:
Hi I also have bad breath and it does not matter how much I brush and wash my mouth it still stinks literally 24*7, I use Therabreath , clorexidine , peroxide, yougur , k12 probiotics, saline solution , nasal irrigator , tongue scraper and every type of mouth wash there is and nothing seems to work the horrible smell wont go away not even for a minute , I remember one time that I used clorexine somebody on the bus said it smells like rotten limon in here ,I felt so bad , my breath is so bad that people mell it several feet away I can tell by the way they cough or cover their nose , I ask my girlfriend to be honest she said some wierd smell comes out of my nose, even when my mouth is closed and even if I dont talk or breed and this is the strange part of the problem some times I hold my breath when I walk across people and they cough I ask my girlfriend she said it smell even if I dont breed and it gets alot worst when you swallow I ask my best friend and my mon and they said I had to check my self out cause you smell very strange , I had this problem for 5 years now and it already become critical.
. I even had my tonsils removed and I also drink alot of water every day so my mouth is not dry , my tongue has a white film on it ,
the symtoms I have are , white film on my tongue , post nasal drip , I dont take any medications for this I use to take some medication that dried my mouth it just made it worst.
For the post nasal drip I have am going to see a nose , ear , throat specialist to see if its related to my badbreath I also have a big nasal polyp on the left side of my nose, that I believe could be related to my post nasal drip
my social life became hell , and I need help please .
I, too, I'm going through this. I have done everything you mentioned above and nothing is working. It is embarrassing and I'm tired of holding my breath everytime.
NEY

Mansfield, UK

#165 Oct 3, 2007
THERES NOTHING THAT CURES BAD BREATH! THERABREATH, FLOSSING, PROFRESH, TRIORAL, LOAD OF RUBBISH, IM SICK OF IT, HAVE TRIED SUICIDE!!
MY DENTIST JUST SAYS "THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH UR TEETH"
I WATCH PEOPLE GET CLOSE AND THATS ALL I EVER WANT, NOTHING ELSE.
I LOST THE LOVE OF MY LIFE THROUGH THIS, HAVE NO SOCIAL LIFE, NO FRIENDS, ALL I EVER DO IS STAY IN AND THINK OF WAYS TO IMPROVE THIS, I JUST WISH I COULD KISS MY EX AND ASK HER BACK.:(

Since: May 07

United States

#166 Oct 11, 2007
My heart goes out to you. Please see another dentist, and a psychiatrist. Your problem may be beyond bad breath if you are thinking of killing yourself. Hang on and don't do anything crazy. There is a cure for bad breath.

The following are the causes of bad breath, try to see which one causes yours. Maybe you'll be able to cure it if you found out exactly what was causing it. A dry mouth, thick saliva, excess mucus in the throat, post nasal drip, a diet high in protein (dairy foods, red meat, beans, etc.), smoking, alcohol (in adult beverages and surprisingly in your mouthwash), hormonal changes, medications which have dry mouth as a side effect (anti-depressants, high blood pressure medications, anti-histamines), history of diabetes, special types of diets (e.g. The Atkins diet) and excessive us of old fashioned oral products (those that contain alcohol and sodium lauryl sulfate).(source:http://thebad breathbible.com)

If no external cure can help you, you may need a cleaning badly. Also try seeing a dental hygienist. I hope this helps. There is hope, don't give up.
Laura

Las Vegas, NV

#167 Oct 23, 2007
Try using chlorophyll tablets from the health food store. Also, it is important that you floss your teeth. And try changing your diet to an all uncooked fruit and vegetable diet for 30 days. You will get better and start smelling sweet like fruit. It could just be the food you are putting into your tummy that is making you smell. For instance, if you eat garlic, then it comes out of your pores on your whole body and your mouth. It sounds to me that you are toxic and need a 10 day water only fast. But if you cant fast, then try the diet I recommended.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halitosis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I Ended My Stank Breathe Jun 22 Sweet Breath 2
How I got to the root of my halitosis problem (Aug '07) Jun 17 teresa 92
My Bad breath caused by low stomach acid (Feb '15) Jun 16 BB is hell 7
Newly Discovered Bad Breath Cure Buy Here https... Jun 4 BreathCure 1
Bad breath May '16 Marcus54 2
Smelly Recorder highlighted my bad breath May '16 Marcus54 2
Bad breath due to dental appliances Apr '16 Jim 1
More from around the web