monitoring blood uric acid

monitoring blood uric acid

Posted in the Gout Forum

Lisa

Brookline, MA

#1 Jun 10, 2013
Hi, I am new here. My partner has frequent, painful flareups despite a very clean "anti-gout" diet, and apparently has high uric acid levels in his blood most of the time. We are trying to find out whether monitoring blood uric acid levels at home is helpful. Has anyone done this, how has it worked for you, and what brand monitor did you use? Also, where did you get it? We live in Boston, and cannot find a local store that carries a monitor; I did find an Easy Touch Blood Glucose-Uric Acid meter online. The strips are expensive, however (about a buck each), and I am wondering if this kind of testing is worth doing. How often do you monitor?

It's been hard to find information from people who are not selling something, and I worry about the reliability of the information I have found.

Thank you!

Since: Sep 13

Melbourne, FL

#3 Oct 24, 2013
Lisa wrote:
Hi, I am new here. My partner has frequent, painful flareups despite a very clean "anti-gout" diet, and apparently has high uric acid levels in his blood most of the time. We are trying to find out whether monitoring blood uric acid levels at home is helpful. Has anyone done this, how has it worked for you, and what brand monitor did you use? Also, where did you get it? We live in Boston, and cannot find a local store that carries a monitor; I did find an Easy Touch Blood Glucose-Uric Acid meter online. The strips are expensive, however (about a buck each), and I am wondering if this kind of testing is worth doing. How often do you monitor?

It's been hard to find information from people who are not selling something, and I worry about the reliability of the information I have found.

Thank you!
I bought one 4 years ago and use it whenever I feel and attack coming on. I have found it very helpful. http://goutventures.blogspot.com/2013/09/uric...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gout Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vacation Jul 18 Reese 1
Gout and vitamins (Jun '09) Jul 9 Sheesh 28
Does this sound like gout? (Jun '16) May '17 glenn b 3
How I Cure or Prevent Gout (Jan '09) May '17 Namu Myoho Renge Kyo 5
cure for my gout May '17 goutbegone 2
Uloric discounts that work? Mar '17 jbrock95 1
new to gout Jan '17 JoanMack 1
More from around the web