What You Should Know About Arthritis

Aug 29, 2009 Full story: LiveScience 8

A graphic shows what's inside your joints, and what can go wrong. This Week's Question: I'm pretty sure I have arthritis in my knee.

Full Story
Dave Halsey

Charlotte, NC

#1 Aug 30, 2009

Since: May 09

New York, NY

#2 Jun 4, 2010
One in five adults in the United States (46 million people) has arthritis, making it the most common cause of disability in this country. However, there are simple steps that everyone can take to prevent and decrease the pain and disability of the most common type of arthritis, Osteoarthritis (OA).

The Arthritis Foundation and the Ad Council have teamed up to spread awareness about this condition to people with OA, and to educate them that exercise is the best treatment for OA. I work for a marketing company that is helping these two groups spread the aforementioned information so that people worldwide can reduce their OA pain. The discomfort you are experiencing may be able to be managed through increased activity

Check out this site for more info about the campaign and a very entertaining yet informative PSA: http://youcastcorp.com/c/90/go/index.php...
Karen

Atlanta, GA

#4 Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for these inputs. The initial sign of hip osteoarthritis may be a little discomfort and stiffness in the groin, buttock, or thigh areas when you wake up in the morning. The pain worsens when the body is active and gets better when the body is at rest. If treatment for osteoarthritis of the hip is delayed, the condition may keep getting worse until resting no longer relieves pain.

For related information, refer to http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com
Pharma Maims Kills

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Caused by vaccines crippling the immune system because of its unnatural injection of foreign protein and numerous other substances.

Since: Jan 13

Miami, FL

#6 Feb 15, 2013
Is there any vaccine to stop/prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis? Thanks for the input.

Since: Oct 13

Latham, NY

#7 Nov 25, 2013
The knee joint is made up of 3 bones, the femur (thigh), tibia (shin) and patella (kneecap). The ends of the bones are covered by thick layers of cartilage. Cartilage is a thick, spongy material that lines the joint providing lubrication and cushioning, which allows the knee to move smoothly and painlessly. It also works as a shock absorber and ensures that the forces going through the knee during daily activities are spread evenly throughout the joint.

Arthritis pain in knees develops when the cartilage thins and wears away resulting in bone-on-bone contact which causes pain, stiffness and inflammation.
HOPE NOT

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Nov 30, 2013
gdeborah wrote:
Is there any vaccine to stop/prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis? Thanks for the input.
you better hope not, vaccines maim and kill, but we are brainwashed into believing they are health giving. The con is on!!
Shentler Kriz

Toronto, Canada

#11 Sep 16, 2014
You are right Avastye, arthritis is one among the cause which contributes to the disabilities all over the world. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis which affects 1 out of every 10 people in our country. This can affect any joints in the body, mostly in hips, knees, hands or back. Osteoarthritis treatment mainly focuses on managing pain and improving the capability of the muscle supporting joints. If you like to know more about OA check out this link http://aesm.ca/get-informed-osteoarthritis-sy... .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gout Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coke Zero Nov '14 phil 1
Gout natural treatment (Jul '06) Nov '14 morganwater 128
Beer and gout relief - has anyone else experien... (Feb '14) Sep '14 Shaun 5
Coming off Allopurinol (Nov '13) Sep '14 JohnDDD 3
Gout cure testimonial Aug '14 Tony Phylactou 1
New doctors Hassuna, Chandra join Holzer2:27 pm... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Dr smith 8
Gout and tendonits (Jun '14) Jun '14 Gjo 1
More from around the web