How to Prevent Gum Disease

Dec 8, 2010 Full story: News Max 9

Gum disease is a term used to describe the growth of bacteria in the mouth. It can lead to the infection of the tissue that holds the teeth and ultimately to the loss of teeth.

Full Story

Since: May 07

Reseda, CA

#1 Dec 13, 2010
I would really suggest that people with Gum Disease try the PerioTherapy line from Therabreath. I use the mouthrinse and toothpaste daily and it has really decreased how much my gums bleed.

“Providing Natural Supplements”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 16, 2010
If you have very severe gum disease or gingivitis, one natural treatment is OraMD. This product can be found online at the Chardon Health Food Store. It contains botanical oils that kill bacteria and promote healthier gums.
just candid

AOL

#3 Dec 16, 2010
I don't suppose smoking or other tobacco use ever caused any problems with anyones gums. I'm sure if I even suggest that it might, most Hard core smokers posting here will say I'm nuts.

Since: Dec 10

Bhopal, India

#5 Dec 17, 2010
clean your teath twice a day. get a toothbrush with a tongue and gum cleaner makeing your gums cheeks tongue and mouth healthy and clean. if you want to you can use mouth wash aswell :D

[url=http://www.theashevillech iropractor.com/]Asheville Chiropractori[/url]

Since: Aug 10

Guilin, China

#6 Dec 21, 2010
Here's how :
Brush your teeth properly twice a day. Brushing your teeth thoroughly removes plaque from the surface before it hardens into calculus.

Use a fluoride toothpaste. Using a toothpaste with fluoride helps to prevent decay.

Floss your teeth daily. Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from in between your teeth that a toothbrush can’t reach.

Use a mouth rinse. An antimicrobial mouth rinse can provide extra help in controlling plaque.

Listerine is a good choice and has been approved by the American Dental Association.

Visit your dentist for regular check ups. Visiting your dentist on a regular basis is the best way to make sure that your teeth and gums stay

Since: Dec 13

Orange county, ca

#11 Dec 12, 2013
I had no idea how gum disease could result in other types of diseases until I read some articles in this forum. Anyway, I found this post online which explain 7 ways to prevent gum disease: some worth reading:
http://irvinetustindentalimplants.com/7-ways-...
Arun raju

Chennai, India

#12 Dec 12, 2013
Brush the teeth daily two times and drink more water per day...
treddlesal

New Kensington, PA

#13 Dec 15, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Ya'all Bitchin' Me! dont Chew Gum

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#15 May 20, 2014
Hi,

1. Smoking is one of the risk factors that is associated with the development of gum disease. There are lower the chances for successful treatment because of smoking.
2. People who have diabetes are at higher risk for developing infections such as gum disease.
3. Diseases like AIDS or cancer and their treatments can also negatively affect the health of gums.
4. Hormonal changes in girls/women changes can make gums more sensitive.

So, prevent gum disease you have to notice above sentences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gingivitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to naturally cure tooth decay and gum disease Dec 19 kelsey compars 1
Dentists warn children need to improve dental care (Oct '12) Oct '14 dylan 5
Dr. Darryl A. Field Recognizes the Importance o... Oct '14 geraldvonberger2002 1
A glass of wine can keep tooth decay and a sore... (Jul '07) Jul '14 DrMSohl 5
Sex life leaving a bad taste in your mouth? (Mar '13) Jun '14 Guido 14
When mouthwash can actually make bad breath WORSE (Jun '13) May '14 jennifers12 9
Pet advice: Time to brush up on your dog's dent... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Anonymous 3
More from around the web