Read, share and contribute herpes new...

Read, share and contribute herpes news stories now!

Posted in the Genital Herpes Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe

Burnaby, Canada

#2 Sep 21, 2006
There are a lot of herpes stories on the following website:

http://www.herpesadvice.org

I find these are really worth reading, and offer good advice.
bro dave

Australia

#3 Jan 18, 2007
If you look at www.herpes.com you will find a lot of experiences great web site.
Stephanie

Lansing, MI

#5 Jun 6, 2007
I am 26 and found out that I had herpes two months ago. I still cry everyday and feel like I will never get over this.

I got it from a friend orally- he doesnt even have genital herpes! I have not spoken to him since I found out.

Any advice... How do I overcome this??
CHRISTY

La Chapelle, France

#6 Jun 30, 2007
Hi Stephanie

Check out this book on amazon. It will help you because the story is similar to yours

Christy.
If you want more tangible advice on how to free yourself of outbreaks email me at devinitylee at hotmail dot fr and I'l send you an article on how I freed myself of outbreaks. Too long for this forum.

Best of luck
Christy

A NOVEL (literary non fiction memoire)
The Eye of the Hurricane
by Christy Charles

Book Description
She has a secret, one she must tell every man she meets until she finds one who won't run when he hears it. A true story of an island girl against the hurricane force winds of her fate. A true story of a young girl's struggle to find a man who will accept her just as she is. That is, with a sexually transmitted disease. Tara has Herpes. She got it from her fiancÚ who then dumps her because she is not worldly enough. Tara's at 21 is forced into a life of emotional complication. She is beautiful yet bonded. And indeed branded. Can she ever tell another man that she has herpes? And what then? What when he
runs? Will she ever find love again? Will she be able to live again normally? Will she find a man to love her just as she is?
CHRISTY

La Chapelle, France

#7 Jun 30, 2007
Hi Stephanie

Check out this book on amazon. It will help you because the story is similar to yours

Christy.
If you want more tangible advice on how to free yourself of outbreaks email me at devinitylee at hotmail dot fr and I'l send you an article on how I freed myself of outbreaks. Too long for this forum.

Best of luck
PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 9, 2007
ok im 14 years old. i am reallllllly freaked our right now. i think i have genital herpes. I have never ever ever had sex, nor has anyone other than me seen or touched my penis. i saw like two clusters of these bump looking things on each side of my foreskin. They never iritate me at all. i have had these on my foreskin for a while and there always on the same places. they never go away and when i pee they dont start hurting. i dont know what it is and i really desperately need your help. plz help. PLZ ANSWER. [kinda scaring me}
adviceplease

Kansas City, MO

#9 Jul 21, 2007
Please Help

If you've never had sex oral/intercorse then you don't have herpes. That's the only way you're goig to get herpes.
Not neccesarily

El Paso, TX

#10 Jul 26, 2007
I got it from my idiot boyfriend (who claimed he didn't know) from heavy petting. We had never had sex. Not to get too detailed here, but we were let's say, teasing each other. Enough rubbing and voila....surprise surprise. I'm almost 100% convinced of this because when we actually had sex for the first time five days later, I was in pain and had to stop, and two days later I had my first symptoms.
Yippee

El Paso, TX

#11 Jul 26, 2007
I just told a guy (the first person since my b-friend and I broke up) about what I call my "unfortunate little gift from my ex", and he said he is completely fine with it, there are worse things in the world, he sees me no differently and I should never see myself differently either. I don't know what will happen in the future with us, but this experience has given me so much more confidence and I just wanted it to share it with you all!

Since: Jun 07

Eastbourne, UK

#12 Jul 31, 2007
i feel like killing myself i have lived with this thing 4 15 years,i didnt even no i had it,honestly that was until my boyfriend got it and i couldnt even admit then i had it but did start 2 c that i did,sum time after,then i learnt that i could only pass it on if i had sores,now when i read up on it im told i can pass it on even when i havent got a break out,so now i feel i will always b on my own i have only ever told 1 person and that cos she told me she had it!even writting this is hard and the 1st time i have done so.im 34 im always b n asked out and people must think im sex phobic or a lesbian,im so confused about this whole thing,and it depresses me,i mean people with cold sores arn't told to stop kissing when they got no cold sore.i cant c myself telling any man about it im so ashamed and feel so dirty,and damaged that i feel my life is sentanced to b n a loner.my freind is quite open about it but has been shouted at in the street because sum1 has not been trustworthy,i just met a man i liked we had sex with condoms but as soon as i read up on this stuff i freak and i've just left him,i think im doing him a favour.

Since: Jun 07

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#13 Aug 29, 2007
much better educated to many scare stories.much happier and i havent ever passed it on again.
Angry at the world

White Plains, NY

#14 Sep 8, 2007
My sister has genital herpes on her mouth. She's had it for a few years. She has passed it on to her son. My husband and I went to get tested "just in case" thinking we were safe. My husband was negative but I was positive for 1 & 2 with exposure within 6-12 weeks. How is this possible? Other than my husband, I haven't kissed anyone or been with anyone. I don't share drinks with anyone and I definitely wouldn't kiss or share anything with someone with sores. I rarely have contact with my sister. I just don't understand. To my knowledge I haven't had any outbreaks. Now I'm worried about passing it on to my son.
karin

North Haven, CT

#15 Sep 15, 2007
well i have just found out i have herpes bout 5 months ago. it all happend like this , i meat this guy witch at the begining i had no intrest in knowin him. i keeped insistin to take me out on a date and called me on the daily basis. well after four months i decided to give his a chance a chance i will forever regret. after the first date we got intimate. the first time we used protection n the second as well or so i thought. while we were having sex i decided to check if the condom was still in place to my surprise it wasnt. i imediatly pulled away n ask him what happend to the condom n he said oh i dont know mayb its inside u but it wasnt. here i am in the dark lying on his bed looking for the condom n found it found it next to me. i was shocked how did the condom end here? that was the end of that. a couple of weeks later i receive a call from my doctor n she tells me my exam had tested positive for herpes. all i remember from there on was me crying wonderin y y me how am i supposed to live with this? i called his cryin n told him i had herpes n that he had given it to me. he said sorry that he didnt know that he would do such a thing. i decided to keep dating him i felt like i had no other choice.
one day his ex girlfriend came around crying , screamin i was so confused she look at me n said i hope u used protection because he has herpes. i was in shock my eyes filled with tears n my face was burning. i look at him n he couldnt even look at me. he knew it all along he did the same to her. i wish she would of told me earlier. he took the condom off without me noticin n did this to me on purpose i mean i would understand if the condom broked or i wasnt protecting myself. what hurts the most is that i trust him n he just hurt me this way . that nite he gave me herpes n got me pregnant he never told me he had disposed sprem in me not only did i contrated herpes from him but i also end up pregnant i couldnt deal with it n decided to have an abortion somethin i will forever regret. i cant find a way of telling this to a partner it hurts as it is i feel like no one will want me but hope someday ill get over this entire problem. so like they look to ur side cause theres always someone with a bigger issue n its true. i rather sit here n wonder who gave this to me than to sit here n know that the person i loved n trust betraid me. life goes on no matter what just think about it it can always be worst.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#16 Sep 22, 2007
Stephanie wrote:
I am 26 and found out that I had herpes two months ago. I still cry everyday and feel like I will never get over this.
I got it from a friend orally- he doesnt even have genital herpes! I have not spoken to him since I found out.
Any advice... How do I overcome this??
Just look up the statistics on how many people in the US have herpes. It's astronomical! I think 1 in every 4 college students has it so don't beat yourself up. I got it from my husband of all people(and he doesn't get it genitally either that jerk!)Getting a disease doesn't make you a slut or something and it could be a lot worse like AIDS or Hep C. Herpes is tricky like HPV in that it's spread through skin contact and can be contagious without any symptoms so even if your super careful and use condoms (or are in a monogamous relationship) you can still be one of the unlucky ones. Anyhoo chin up. You are not alone :)

Location hidden

#17 Sep 22, 2007
adviceplease wrote:
Please Help
If you've never had sex oral/intercorse then you don't have herpes. That's the only way you're goig to get herpes.
That's not entirely true. Cold sores caused by HSV I or II in the mouth can be spread to the genitals by touching that area after touching the affected area. 20% of genital herpes cases are caused by HSV I which usually causes cold sores in the mouth.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 22, 2007
PLEASE HELP PLEASE wrote:
ok im 14 years old. i am reallllllly freaked our right now. i think i have genital herpes. I have never ever ever had sex, nor has anyone other than me seen or touched my penis. i saw like two clusters of these bump looking things on each side of my foreskin. They never iritate me at all. i have had these on my foreskin for a while and there always on the same places. they never go away and when i pee they dont start hurting. i dont know what it is and i really desperately need your help. plz help. PLZ ANSWER.[kinda scaring me}
As embarrassing as it is you should really see a doctor. The bumps could be caused by something as simple as poor hygenie around the foreskin (Balanoposthitis) but painless blisters similar to herpes blisters are often caused by another STD syphillis.
Stephanie

Ann Arbor, MI

#20 Nov 3, 2007
It has now been about six months and things have gotten much better. I now understand that its really not a big deal. I still can't be in the same room as my "friend" without wanting to throw up but other than that I am good. It has been a bit challenging with our mutual friends- but it just goes to show who your true friend are.
I have been dating someone for the last few mts who is wonderful and very understanding. When I told him he was a bit shocked but very supportive- he had some questions and I found out some answers... that sort of thing. Although it was extrmely difficult, he was really comforting and I truly feel though it brought us closer in some ways. He hugged me and told me that it didn't need to change things, he really liked me. We have not talked about it since. I now believe there is hope and so much more to life. Its not even worth getting upset over.
Stephanie

Ann Arbor, MI

#21 Nov 3, 2007
Erica U wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look up the statistics on how many people in the US have herpes. It's astronomical! I think 1 in every 4 college students has it so don't beat yourself up. I got it from my husband of all people(and he doesn't get it genitally either that jerk!)Getting a disease doesn't make you a slut or something and it could be a lot worse like AIDS or Hep C. Herpes is tricky like HPV in that it's spread through skin contact and can be contagious without any symptoms so even if your super careful and use condoms (or are in a monogamous relationship) you can still be one of the unlucky ones. Anyhoo chin up. You are not alone :)
Thank you! You are right- I hear that its more like 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men... why does being a female suck sometimes! Thanks for the confidence, time really does heal all wonds.
bobby

Norwalk, CT

#22 Dec 17, 2007
oh gosh. My mom was cheating on my dad, i recently found out. It has been a rough time and to make it even worse he got her pregnant and gave her herpes. So the other day when I got lonely I went to my 13th grade english teacher and he took advantrage of me and raped me. Now I HAVE HERPES and Im thinking about suicide. My mom suggested a a herpes fan club
Leslie

Colorado Springs, CO

#24 Dec 27, 2007
PLEASE HELP PLEASE wrote:
ok im 14 years old. i am reallllllly freaked our right now. i think i have genital herpes. I have never ever ever had sex, nor has anyone other than me seen or touched my penis. i saw like two clusters of these bump looking things on each side of my foreskin. They never iritate me at all. i have had these on my foreskin for a while and there always on the same places. they never go away and when i pee they dont start hurting. i dont know what it is and i really desperately need your help. plz help. PLZ ANSWER.[kinda scaring me}
transmission of HSV1 or HSV2 is through contact of body fluid. HSV1 is above the navel, HSV2 is below. If you have open sores on your mouth, and scratch them and not wash and then scratch your genitals, you can get them without having sex, and yes because they traveled down below your navel, you now gave yourself and STD... wild eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genital Herpes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to live with Genital Herpes (Jul '09) 16 hr Mary Kate 145
Good tip to alleviate genital herpes symptoms i... (Jul '13) Tue chloe 45
Most reliable herpes dating site (Jul '13) Mon Herpesfriends 18
Meet People with Herpes Sun Morris 2
Dedicated dating site for Herpes Singles ?? (May '14) May 31 Durnk 28
Genital Herpes Dating Sites for Canada, Austral... May 25 StdFriends 11
as we get older May 20 sad48 1
More from around the web