Sick from undercooked salmon - what s...

Sick from undercooked salmon - what should I do?

Posted in the Food Poisoning Forum

Since: Oct 12

New York, NY

#1 Oct 19, 2012
My wife and I had wild sockeye salmon yesterday. The salmon was from Trader Joe's, and says "previously frozen" on the package. We cooked it at home, and my piece was a little thicker than hers and not quite cooked all the way through. She felt fine after, but I was sick immediately with GI trouble all last night. No vomiting, but lots coming out the other end, including some blood. I'm feeling a bit better now (16 hours later), although still a bit crampy. Was able to eat a bowl of cereal about an hour ago. I'm concerned about tapeworm. Anyone have any advice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Poisoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Subway Food Poisoning (Apr '07) Aug 11 Nnuggettt 315
Aqua Star Food Products (May '08) Aug 1 Vegan to be 7
News Germ in raw milk, poultry now tops food poisoni... Apr '17 Its Always Something 1
Bad Beef Food Poisoning Midwest Chicago (Feb '17) Apr '17 marieflores 2
Food Poisoning. At Churches Chicken (Feb '11) Jan '17 James McDonald 8
Campylobacter food poisoning! (Nov '16) Nov '16 HalieDay 1
Botulism risk? (Aug '16) Aug '16 Jules1977 1
More from around the web