KFC Fined $8 Million For Australia Fo...

KFC Fined $8 Million For Australia Food Poisoning

There are 30 comments on the OfficialWire story from Apr 27, 2012, titled KFC Fined $8 Million For Australia Food Poisoning. In it, OfficialWire reports that:

An Australian judge has ordered KFC to pay 8 million Australian dollars to the family of a Sydney girl left brain damaged after eating one of the fast food giant's chicken wraps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OfficialWire.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elias

Australia

#1 Apr 27, 2012
Has it been proven beyond a shadow of doubt that
a) the Salmonella was from the KFC chicken they consumed? and
b) the salmonella from KFC caused the girl to suffer brain damage and not something lying around their home freezer?

KFC are protesting as it's currently their (the families) word against KFC.

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

May the Force be with You .

#2 Apr 27, 2012
Elias wrote:
b) the salmonella from KFC caused the girl to suffer brain damage and not something lying around their home freezer?
Now KFC sues the living daylights out of their contracted suppliers,no doubt
THE BEMUSED

Melbourne, Australia

#3 Apr 27, 2012
is kfc chicken safe now??? or should we eat it and get compensation!!!!

#4 Apr 27, 2012
THE BEMUSED wrote:
is kfc chicken safe now??? or should we eat it and get compensation!!!!
There is so much reported hormone and preservatives in process chook we may all be at risk
WHITE AUSSSIE

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Apr 27, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is so much reported hormone and preservatives in process chook we may all be at risk
you now go in kfc shop, you see only non-whites. before kfc was safe and no problems. now, too many non-whites in australia.
Elias

Australia

#6 Apr 27, 2012
WHITE AUSSSIE wrote:
<quoted text>
you now go in kfc shop, you see only non-whites. before kfc was safe and no problems. now, too many non-whites in australia.
The victim was non-white.

#7 Apr 28, 2012
WHITE AUSSSIE wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what nationality the shop staff are for they all abide by the same very stringent health regulations and all KFC foods come pre processed from their suppliers.
I have run food businesses in my past and and have had to apply myself to these very high standards.
I want to know more as to why this child is brain damaged seeing she should at the most have suffered from gastric convulsions.
Something is not right here seeing the rest of the family did not end up as she did.
How many of you have eaten an chico roll that has been sitting in a food warmer for unknown length of time.
Very suspect indeeed
Elias

Australia

#8 Apr 28, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>I want to know more as to why this child is brain damaged seeing she should at the most have suffered from gastric convulsions.
Something is not right here seeing the rest of the family did not end up as she did.
How many of you have eaten an chico roll that has been sitting in a food warmer for unknown length of time.
Very suspect indeeed
Excellent question Neville. I was thinking on similar lines.

BTW are in Abu Dhabi to catch our elusive friend beady?
WHITE AUSSIE

Melbourne, Australia

#9 Apr 28, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what nationality the shop staff are for they all abide by the same very stringent health regulations and all KFC foods come pre processed from their suppliers.
I have run food businesses in my past and and have had to apply myself to these very high standards.
I want to know more as to why this child is brain damaged seeing she should at the most have suffered from gastric convulsions.
Very suspect indeeed
DON'T AGREE. whites have higher standards. if food fell on the floor, we whites will throw away.

#10 Apr 28, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I am conducting a world wide hunt for the elusive Beady.
We are one hundred strong in mind and body ready to remove this blight from humanity.
By the way this is the greatest place in the world I have seen so far that there is no unemployment nor crime and everything is priced fairly.

#11 Apr 28, 2012
WHITE AUSSIE wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T AGREE. whites have higher standards. if food fell on the floor, we whites will throw away.
I take it you have never worked in a commercial kitchen
Traditional INDIAN

Melbourne, Australia

#12 Apr 28, 2012
HAHAHAH.. you westerner morons are lame and crazy. You were yapping about KFC being the best chicken on any planet, not to mention some of the racist commercial during a cricket match in Australia. hahahahahaha. I eat Murg tikka, murg tandoori skinless, you mororns burst your brain fcukers....eat indian and die indian like Mahatma Gandhi
Fella

Melbourne, Australia

#13 Apr 28, 2012
Elias wrote:
And other customers didn't get the same salmonella poisoning?
Elias

Australia

#14 Apr 29, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>By the way this is the greatest place in the world I have seen so far that there is no unemployment nor crime and everything is priced fairly.
Bit of a bubble economically, but yeah it's a good spot for a bit of fun.
Elias

Australia

#15 Apr 29, 2012
Fella wrote:
<quoted text>
And other customers didn't get the same salmonella poisoning?
Lots of unanswered questions.
MALBARCACA Controller

London, UK

#16 Apr 29, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no competition that we are aware of for Topix dickhead joker and jackass comedian of the year.

Why are you and KISS vying for that title?

Please approve the content of this message before we send it off:

Dear Mr punc,

It has come to our attention that Elias (Eliza) whom we understand is well known to you, has made serious allegations on the Australian forum that you are the person behind the Real Elias profile ( http://www.topix.com/member/profile/therealel... ). It's creator.

Furthermore EliAss claims that you stole his picture to complete this subterfuge and distributing it across the web. Where did you steal this picture from?

Is there any truth to these assertions?

He claims also to be a total stranger to Sri Lanka and its forum and unable to understand or speak Sri Lankan.

Please be so kind to helps us clarify these matters at your earliest convenience as despite untold numerous reminders, Eliza refuses to provide the information requested of him by Mr Beady, playing dumb and citing memory loss for it.

To quote him:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TA...
Elias Wheelers Hill, Australia #15 34 min ago

~ We agree.

#17 Apr 29, 2012
Traditional INDIAN wrote:
HAHAHAH.. you westerner morons are lame and crazy. You were yapping about KFC being the best chicken on any planet, not to mention some of the racist commercial during a cricket match in Australia. hahahahahaha. I eat Murg tikka, murg tandoori skinless, you mororns burst your brain fcukers....eat indian and die indian like Mahatma Gandhi
Since when has KFC been the best chicken ?
What ever you have been eating certainly effects your thinking capability

#18 Apr 29, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit of a bubble economically, but yeah it's a good spot for a bit of fun.
Except for the Indian taxi drivers who can't understand us and us them.
I was talking to a local Sheik this morning and he said the same thing

#19 Apr 29, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I am curious what allergies the child may have seeing peanut can affect people very badly,even the smell

#20 Apr 29, 2012
MALBARCACA Controller wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no competition that we are aware of for Topix dickhead joker and jackass comedian of the year.
Why are you and KISS vying for that title?
Please approve the content of this message before we send it off:
Dear Mr punc,
It has come to our attention that Elias (Eliza) whom we understand is well known to you, has made serious allegations on the Australian forum that you are the person behind the Real Elias profile ( http://www.topix.com/member/profile/therealel... ). It's creator.
Furthermore EliAss claims that you stole his picture to complete this subterfuge and distributing it across the web. Where did you steal this picture from?
Is there any truth to these assertions?
He claims also to be a total stranger to Sri Lanka and its forum and unable to understand or speak Sri Lankan.
Please be so kind to helps us clarify these matters at your earliest convenience as despite untold numerous reminders, Eliza refuses to provide the information requested of him by Mr Beady, playing dumb and citing memory loss for it.
To quote him:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TA...
Elias Wheelers Hill, Australia #15 34 min ago
~ We agree.
Gosh,what have you been eating ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Poisoning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Germ in raw milk, poultry now tops food poisoni... Apr '17 Its Always Something 1
Bad Beef Food Poisoning Midwest Chicago Apr '17 marieflores 2
Subway Food Poisoning (Apr '07) Mar '17 Synnreaper 313
Food Poisoning. At Churches Chicken (Feb '11) Jan '17 James McDonald 8
Campylobacter food poisoning! (Nov '16) Nov '16 HalieDay 1
Aqua Star Food Products (May '08) Nov '16 L Burns 6
Botulism risk? (Aug '16) Aug '16 Jules1977 1
More from around the web