Pennsylvania Cuts Medicaid Coverage For Dental Care

Jul 15, 2012 Full story: New Hampshire Public Radio -

Marcia Esters needs crowns fused to six of her bottom teeth and new dentures. But because of changes made to Medicaid in Pennsylvania, she now has to pay for it all herself.

Full Story
HumanSpirit

Live Oak, FL

#1 Jul 15, 2012
Dental has always had corruption in the profession. The scratching of the enamel below gum lines is a sure bet to bring in reoccurring business from tooth decay. Some with root canals. The making of dentures that don't fit properly with poor quality material is troublesome. Many people have been going to Mexico or the out islands off Florida for quality work by the foreigners because you can have a class A vacation while having the dental work done at 1/3 the price including airfare, hotel and the dental work for two members of the family.
Ann

Street, MD

#2 Jul 16, 2012
Health care reform's dirty little secret. Mental health and dental care are igored. More people need these services than health care and they are far more expensive in respect to co pays (when you have insurance.) Forget about it if you have none. I myself need a root canal and cap. I have to try a dental school or charity. Those that do charity cases told me you have to get in line hours before they open and it is not only first come first serve, but those in pain first. Which means you can wait every day and may never get help. So, my reps can stick their heath care reform.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fillings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marketplace Dental Centre Oct 5 school board bene... 2
Dental clinic being held at University of Maryland Sep '14 Jesus Ramirez 2
Are your silver fillings dangerous? (Jun '08) Aug '14 Does not matter 68
Wanted: An honest dentist (May '11) Aug '14 GoodOleBoyNetwork 7
What is best filling material for your teeth? Jul '14 Jane 3
Laser of life: Scientists find a way to regrow ... Jun '14 DrMSohl 1
Don't go overboard in quest for whiter teeth (Sep '08) May '14 DrShawnHofkes 7

Fillings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE