Fasting For Weight Loss

Posted in the Fasting Forum

Since: Jul 11

San Josť, Costa Rica

#1 Dec 27, 2011
Many people fast for weight loss. Most doctors do not feel this is a wise choice if carried to far. Be sure if you fast for this reason it is not for an extended period of time and that your body at least get sufficient liquids. Our organs need fluids to function. Also remember regardless of what method you use to lose weight that if you do not burn up the calories in stored fat you are fighting a losing battle. I tried diets and even fasting for years but got no long term results until I started jogging with some friends. I soon found if you burn off those calories the weight will come off. For anyone interested here is the best jogging information site on the internet.
www.joggingexercise.com
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#2 May 29, 2012
Starting day 4 of a waterfast. Nothing but water. Hunger gone, slight continuous headache. Still able to work with no problem but at age 62 husband is not sure I will be able to do this long. Still, I hope to make this a mid to long fast. Need to lose weight for health reasons and would love to be in some of my old clothes for wedding at end of July. So, I have 2 months to lose maybe 30-35 pounds.
Headed to work now, a short day so I will be able to rest this afternoon, call on a friend or take a nap. Want to visit a used book store for books on vegitartan living since I think that may be an option for the future. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a bite of steak from time to time, chicken pot pies, turkey at thanksgiving and captain D's fried fish filet... but seriously think I could get by eating fish/meat once a week. That would have to be healthier than what I have been doing. So I need to figure out some recipes that will suit my tastes and provide the protein normaly gained from meat.

Using this as a blog. Day four. Total loss of 10 pounds. Pant legs a bit looser, but still wearing the same jeans.
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#3 May 30, 2012
Starting day 5. Down another 1.2 pounds and feeing a bit yucky. Just the toxins being freed for sure. Looking forward to when the toxins are gone and body is using fat reserves. Energy will return and I will be much happier.
Took a few books out of the library on being a vegetarian and eating raw. Interesting and I honestly think I will cut back on meat dramatically after this fast.
Started drinking oxygen water, alkaline water, supposedly it will aid derox in colon. We'll see if it changes anything.
Think I may watch greatest loser on on-demand for a bit of inspiration. Hope to drop a pant size by end of week. Next size zips now, but not comfortably. Wouldn't I like to drop 4 sizes to wear those great clothes I have stored!
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#4 May 31, 2012
Day 6 and the scales showed a dramatic drop of 2.7 pounds. Wore the smaller pants to work and boosted my spirits. Caught a shadow in the parking lot and could see a difference. All goes for motivation.
Yesterday I left work exhausted and went to bed. Got up to watch Hatfields ans McCoys then to bed for more fitful sleep. Hope this phase ends soon. Not as tired today but not feeling good either.
Yes, the O eater does make a difference but swallowing it makes me want tp puke. Maybe if I cut it with regular filtered it will help. Not willing to kep drinking it straight.
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Jun 1, 2012
Day 7 and the scales showed a disappointing drop to 184.0. Oh well, can't really complain with a 13.9 pound loss in a week. Dropped a pant size, find it easier to clip toenails, sometimes little things matter.

Yesterday was another day of work and bed. Didn't drink as much water but thre weekend is here and I will be busy with family so hopefully will get into the 70's for Monday. That would be amazing.

Saw youngest son yesterday and he didn't say anything , but he was rushing and I was sitting most of the time. Won't see the rest of the kids for another week or so. Grands will be with me this weekend, wonder if they will. Doubt it as I am still overweight.

. BMI IS just under 30. Normal is 25 or less so I am on my way.
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#6 Jun 2, 2012
Day 8 and 182 pounds. I can see a difference but still have a long way to go. REALLY hope to get to 150 or less this summer.

Promised myself a full one hour massage when I hit 175. That will help move toxins out. The way I felt last week, a massage would have killed me! LOL
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#7 Jun 3, 2012
Day nine, down one pound but have figured out the days of no show on the scales are days I will use bathroom in a more serious way. That colon will be clean as a whistle by end of week, I expect. Passing stuff that has been there a while. Feeling better but not great. Know it's coming so motivated to keep going. Meanwhile happy to report no hunger at all. Cleaning house today, been at it for a few hours. Keeping busy is good. Husbands took grands out for breakfast and errand run to give me a break. Good man.
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Jun 4, 2012
Day 10 and down to 179.4! Less than 5 pounds to first goal and a full hour massage. Determined to look good at wedding in September and now feeling that goal is possible. Going camping at end of July with friends I see once a year. Sure would be nice to look good and have more energy. Another trip planned with grands and this year it would be great to get in the swimming pool. Haven't been willing to do that for a long time.

Enjoying looking through cook books. Should eat healthier when this ends. Limit meat to once or twice a week. Share meals with Jay when we go to restaurants or getting a to-go box with the meal and packing half away before starting to eat. Not refilling the bread basket. Simple stuff.

Things are better at work with the new manager, helps a lot.
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#9 Jun 5, 2012
Day 11 and 178.2. Down 1.2 pounds. I expect that was just fat at this point. Yesterday I added fresh lemon juice to my water to help detox kidneys. Tasted wonderful!

Almost halfway to goal and feeling good about it. But know the second half won't fall so fast.:(
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#10 Jun 9, 2012
June 6th made cabbage soup and had broth. With lots of activity after m&t's car accident, I need more energy and clear head.

June 7th, weight 177.0, had bowl of soup for dinner. DELICIOUS!

June 8th, weight 176.8. Bowl of cabbage soup for lunch, pear and peach for dinner.

June 9th, weight 177.2 expected as refilling digestive tract. Feeling more alert, less tired.

Goal for two weeks is NO MEATS, SWEETS OR WHITE CARBS? Hope to continue to drop weight.

Took out two pairs of size 14 khakis. One doesn't zip, the other does but tight. Clearly on the right path. Just need to keep on, maybe fast a bit more in the next month or two in order to reach the goal of 150
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#11 Jun 10, 2012
June 11. 177.0 and that is after eating soup and a nice variety of grilled vegetables with a slice of polenta.

Today dinner with friends at east coast wings. I had a cheese and tomato omelet in the morning and at the restaurant was very good with a spinach salad and a few bites of a cheese quesadilla.(sp?) Hopefelly tomorrow the scale won't jump up.
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#12 Jun 11, 2012
Jump to 178.4. I know most is system filling up but not happy with the jump.

Twelve days? until I take grands to pool party. Would be nice to wear a bathing suit so that will be my short term goal, to be in high 60's for then. Back to eating broths, maybe a water fast later this week. Hard thing will be the pot luck dinner tonight with a bunch of good cooks.
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#13 Jun 12, 2012
179.2 Back on water fast day 1
fasting now

Spartanburg, SC

#14 Jun 13, 2012
Company came with dinner surprise so I ate polenta and fresh tomato with melted cheese. Pleased to weigh in at 179 this morning. Now I have a new serger to learn so maybe that will keep me busy and not thinkind food for the next few evenings.

Seems easier to lose without meat, sweets, white carbs and deep fried food. Just wish all that stuff didn't taste so good. Still, I really don't think it is going to be so hard to be vegetarian at least for a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fasting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Struggle for the Soul of Islam Dec 24 PeteWaldo 4
Continue reading a ' Dec 18 cash 1
Dinner, Yes---But No Food, Please Sep '14 Obama Bad 4
Toronto restaurant violated Muslim men's human ... (Dec '13) Aug '14 Naturally Wired 9
Eid 2014: Facts and History on the Islamic Fest... Jul '14 Kareem O Wheat 10
Call on Islam Jul '14 Kareem O Wheat 2
Holy month of Ramadan is a big boon for retailers Jul '14 Marie-Luise_J 1
More from around the web